Do you sleep with your cabin balcony door open?

lolalita

We never sleep w/the door open~~~ We were on a Celebrity cruise and a seagull flew on a deck and ralphed up all his dinner (dead birds and so forth-yuk), and I surely do not think I want that in my room!!

Keep your door shut! just for safety reason- unless U want a dazzed bird in your room .

• 1 year later...
We sleep with the door open, candles burning, and an iron plugged in next to our rum runners full of grain alcohol...lol

Seriously...we will leave the door open on a cool calm night occasionally when we sleep but are cognisant of weather conditions and waves/swells. If we had children or smoking neighbors we wouldn't do so but it is lovely to sleep that way and has never caused any issues with nearby cabins so no harm no foul.

LOL! I like the way you think!

I am just thrilled that they posted the "Please Watch Your Step" rule and someone, captured it so they could prove it to all of the uninformed! I never would have thought of that! Great pic!

This is by far, the most interesting, most informative discussion I have ever seen on CC.....NOT!

Let's see how many more threads like this we can dream up, so we too, can have 30,000+ posts! On second thought....Nah, I have a life!

I wear jean shorts because they match my flip flops in the MDR....lol... and why wear a robe to the pool when I can wear the same jean shorts into the pool? Great way to take a bath AND clean the shorts!

And when I drag my baby to the pool without his diaper, I do so, because that is the RULE!

Although, personally, I would much prefer that that baby HAD a diaper on in the pool, if you know what I mean! :eek:;)

We have left ours open in the past. It was not hot and had a sublte breeze which was very delightful as I always sleep with a plug in fan at home to get nice air movement and I like the white noise.

The ocean is the same affect, the sound of the water is wonderful and the breeze. Usualyl we only leave it open a tad bit and put something like the deck chair partially in the door way to keep it propped open.

Not sure why it wouldn't be safe ???

A couple things ..... the A/C will automatically turn off when the door is open, so depending on your temps and humidity, it could get a little warm. Also, as the ship rocks, the door tends to slide back and forth.

That was not the case with Jewel.

Generally not a good idea to leave the balcony door open, but these threads pop up from time to time, and there are always a certain number of people who have the attitude of, "I'll do whatever I want to do in MY cabin."

Who has the attitude? We do it if its not unbearably hot outside and only while we are both in the room, it gets closed before we leave the room. On Allure we used the sound of the waves to drown out the disco beat from the solarium at 2am.

I can see it now...Someone is gonna say,

"Why in the world was this thread ressurected?"

On the other hand if the one who ressurected it started a new thread on the subject, they might hear,

"That's what the search engine is for, you should have read through those thousands of posts."

LOL

I can see it now...Someone is gonna say,

"Why in the world was this thread ressurected?"

On the other hand if the one who ressurected it started a new thread on the subject, they might hear,

"That's what the search engine is for, you should have read through those thousands of posts."

LOL

It was ressurected coincidentally by the same OP that started two threads yesterday about bringing wine on board after clearly knowing RCI's policy on this.

It is apparent the OP is clearly trying to rile the masses and stir the pot here :rolleyes::cool: but hey, she says she has a life LOL!

It was ressurected coincidentally by the same OP that started two threads yesterday about bringing wine on board after clearly knowing RCI's policy on this.

It is apparent the OP is clearly trying to rile the masses and stir the pot here :rolleyes::cool: but hey, she says she has a life LOL!

Oh I didn't catch that....I was more into the balcony door thing.

We keep ours open while we're in the room and back and forth from the balcony but I like the temperature control at night.

For the record, if they do ask us to keep it shut while not in use or at night I don't mind complying, but I do think it's a bit akin to making sure your cell phone is off on a plane...

It's my opinion, and only my opinion, that if cell phones were that dangerous on planes or lets say could interfere with the instruments, I would think they would be confiscated. Perhaps keeping balcony doors shut is a precaution for many things that "could" happen.

So be it.

Archived