12 Tops in MDR?

jilllofalltrades

We have had an eleven and a twelve top in the MDR. We did not feel squished and the youngest in our group was 16 at that time.

In our larger groups of 13 and 15, we did have two tables, near by but it wasn't really that close---we couldn't really carry on conversations with the other table. One time we rotated so we could eat with everyone at one time or another. The other time, we sat in family groups.

I know I am weird, but I always enjoy being around the kids at dinner. (Our youngest was 11 when we started cruising- and the other 3 boys's ages went up to 22) Somehow when we are all together the conversation is more lively and there is laughter galore. We also wanted to make sure we taught them proper behavior while eating in the MDR.

Check out your seating on embarkation day, and if you are at two tables, you can always ask the Matre D if you can sit together. Happy Sailing!

it depends on the ship how they handle it... and you didn't say which ship...

but i can say for a fact that they are available on spirit class ships... from the pride, here's the proof :)

IMG_5507.jpg

Absolutely correct, Mark. :)

And on every single Fantasy-class ship (without exception) in the aft dining room, table 300 is a 12-top. Designed for seating twelve. Weekly set for twelve. No squishing of extra chairs necessary to make it happen.

I've been seated at this particular table on multple occasions (and on one sailing, with my friends Tom-n-Cheryl).

840295094_MQB8o-L.jpg

840295122_Dtbft-L.jpg

Archived