Dream vs. Fantasy

Suntanz

My family went on the Dream in September & my 3 kids, (ages 10, 10 & 8) loved the Dream. There was so much for them to do, water slides, mini golf, seaside theater, etc. I'm thinking of sailing the Fantasy, but I know it's a smaller ship. Has anyone sailed both ships & if so, is there enough things for the kids to do on the Fantasy? As a side note, both of these ships have cabins for five, which is fantastic for a family of five. Not many ships offer this.

Do be aware the cabins are the same size that 5 will be in, as 2. There will be wall to wall beds. Its a regular quad and these older ships allow a rollaway between the beds to be set up at night. Those on the upper bunks will have more trouble getting down at night if they have to pee.

If I were to take my children on a cruise I would take them on the Fantasy. The last time we sailed it was on the Fantasy after Evolutiobs of Fun was added, including the great Water Works water park on the back. I would choose this over a larger ship without it in a heartbeat if my trip included kids!!

How was Camp Carnival on The Fantasy? We sailed a Norweigen Ship out of Charleston a few years ago & it was no where close to as much fun for the kids as the Dream was. Then again, it didn't have water slides on it.

How was Camp Carnival on The Fantasy? We sailed a Norweigen Ship out of Charleston a few years ago & it was no where close to as much fun for the kids as the Dream was. Then again, it didn't have water slides on it.

The room for camp Carnival on the Fantasy is so small... my son (8 yo) hated it.

He loved Camp on Fascination and Liberty. His favorite ship is Liberty because the Sea Side theater and large room for camp (and lots of games).

Like someone said - it is like comparing apples (the newest, largest ship) to oranges (smallest, older ship) I liked them both. Felt the Fantasy was "cozy." Both have Water Works - but Dream's is with toilet bowl slide bigger. Dream has movie screen on Lido - Fantasy doesn't. Kid's club rooms are definitely way bigger on Dream. If you liked Dream, I would stick with it or you may be disappointed. But for some, size doesn't matter.:cool::p

Archived