What Do You Like About Princess?

Denali2003

I love that I do not stand out due to my age. It seems that Princess is really geared to my age group and not a bunch or rowdy 20+ year olds drinking themselves to oblivion. I guess I am becoming an old fogey (50 years old).

HA! Same here. I feel like one of the youngsters, and I'm 59.

I'm about to go on my second cruise and so far I love:

-The service, they just have a way of making you feel included and wecome and like the ship is home

-the food - delicious choices, something for everyone, lots of availability.

- the activities selection - always something to do (good for me) or as little as you want to go (my mum)

- live music to listen to (that wasn't too loud)

- scholarship @ sea program - love the idea, I love learning, lectures and what not. I might not always be interested in my sailing's topic, but I LOVE the fact that it is offered.

-Itinerary (Alaska cruise tour is high on my 'next' list

Yes, the pizza is pretty good. I also LOVE their lamb. OMG, it's thebest I've ever had - I've been eating lamb since I had teeth ;). I know this might seem minor, but to me it's major -- Princess has Coca-Cola products! :D I do not like Pepsi. I always get the Coke Card. Last cruise I got the Ultimate Card - will get that again in March. Didn't really come in handy in Alaska - too cold to drink cold drinks. This time we're going to the Caribbean - that card will come in handy often :p

Have only been on 2 ships so far that had MUTS - the first time, we got there too late and the view was awful and we came in when the movie was almost over. Thankfully we had already seen it. The 2nd time - it was waaaaaaaaaay too cold to sit outside and watch it.

Maybe I'm naive or missing something --- what are the past passenger perks you get? This will be our 6th cruise, so we are now Platnium.

We've never cruised with any other cruise line - but every keeps saying the itineraries. Don't most of the cruise lines go to the same places?

Maybe I'm naive or missing something --- what are the past passenger perks you get? This will be our 6th cruise, so we are now Platnium.

Hi,

The best benefits are the free internet minutes which you both get if you are both Platinum. You also get priority boarding and Captains Circle party. These little things make you feel special. And the internet has real financial value.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Matthew

I don't like sleeping with just a duvet over me. I get too warm. I just ask the steward to make up the bed with a top sheet and light blanket and they are always happy to do it.

Otherwise, I have no complaints. Beats staying home!

Lily

DH & I like the age group on the ship as well. I'm 41 and he's 48. We do like the older mature crowd. Definitely don't like the 20 something rowdy crowd. I like that you don't see people falling over drunk. In fact, I have never seen a drunk person walking around.

In 2007 we heard a couple of teenage boys took the golf clubs that were in the mini golf and throw them over board :eek:. The entire family was told to get off the ship at the next port. They have to find their own way home. I'm glad Princess didn't just fine them.

My cruise on Princess was the Pacific Princess back in 1991. I remember the head waiter each evening preparing a small pasta dish, tableside, each evening in the dining room between the salad and main entree. Do they still do that?

I also remember the hilarious "London Pub Night" crew show "If I were not at sea, what would I be?". How about that?

Sorry, neither of those are happening on the ships now. They do have a Pub Lunch, but no entertainment during it.

In 2007 they had pastries served during Tea Time - now it's mini sandwiches and mini meals. I like the pastries better.

Sorry, neither of those are happening on the ships now. They do have a Pub Lunch, but no entertainment during it.

In 2007 they had pastries served during Tea Time - now it's mini sandwiches and mini meals. I like the pastries better.

On the Golden last month, there was the "If I were not on the sea" as part of the Crew Talent Show, but it wasn't during a pub lunch (or could have been, we only ate lunch at the outside pool grill or in the Horizon).

Went to tea twice and was offered pastries. In fact, at the second one, the waiters kept coming around with more and more goodies, all sorts.

Last year was my first Princess cruise. I went with three girlfriends [we are 53]. Two of us are teachers so we went February break. We flew out the night before, and were told mid-air that our connecting flight from Atlanta to Miami was cancelled since Atlanta had no defroster!!!:eek: After crying to the airport person, we got a flight to Ft. Lauderdale. We arrived at 2:00 am. SOMEONE FROM PRINCESS WAS THERE TO MEET AND HELP US!!! I have never seen or heard of that level of service. We were so grateful after a harrowing 12 hr. flight from NYC.

Secondly, the food is slightly better than RCC. Finally, there didn't swwn to be as many rude and undisciplined children as there are on RCC.

On the negative side, the Princess rep I booked with convinced me to go with their version of freestyle dining, which I was unaccustomed to. I asked if we would have to wait, not having a set dinner time. The Princess rep assured me the wait would not be more than a minute. Well, the first night we waited for 45 mins.! We quickly learned that if we were willing to share a table or sit with others, we could, indeed be seated quickly. They should have explained that the first night. In sum, I give Princess an A- and would definately love to cruise with them again. Best customer service ever!!!:)

Our first cruise we did everything through Princess. We did use a travel agent, but did the flight, transfers, excursions through Princess.

It turned out great. We did an Alaskan cruise tour (7 day cruise from Vancouver, Canada to Anchorage. Then a 4 day land tour from Anchorage to Fairbanks). We we got to Vancouver there was a Princess rep waiting for us and told us how to go through customs. Then another rep when we needed transportation to our hotel (we stayed at the Four Seasons - HIGHLY recommend staying there). There was no shuttle service available, so the rep put us in a cab and paid for the fare.

When we were in Skagway our excursion got back on time, however our tour was the very last to get back. EVERYONE else on the ship was already on. We get back to the pier (excursion done through princess) there was a rep there asking if we were us, we said yes. She gets on the radio and say "I have them!" We literally ran to the ship, as we stepped onto the ship they pulled away the ramps and the ship left. We were literally the last 2 people to get back on the ship. We found out at dinner that we were being paged every 10 minutes for an hour.

Remember - we booked it through Princess - so they had to hold the ship for us. If we had booked it ourselves, the ship would have left without us.

We actually heard about someone getting left behind on a cruise in 2009 and this past July 2010.

They paged us, just in case we got back on without swipping our cards. I know it's impossible to do, but I guess they were covering all of their bases. We're glad they did. On the other 2 cruises where they left passenger(s) behind, we heard them being paged.

Archived