What does pax mean?

dm5201

Yes, it's like a new little language they have on these forums. I'm not at all a chat room person, but you'll find all these little abbreviations that people use on here. I guess they do it to save time? It took me forever to figure out what someone's DH was. When I realized it was a husband and that they put D in front of every family member it occurred to me they mean Dear. DS=Dear Son, etc. It's kind of fun to attempt to decipher what people mean sometimes.

Also, TA means Travel Agent

Much better than my first guess.

Yes, it's like a new little language they have on these forums. I'm not at all a chat room person, but you'll find all these little abbreviations that people use on here. I guess they do it to save time? It took me forever to figure out what someone's DH was. When I realized it was a husband and that they put D in front of every family member it occurred to me they mean Dear. DS=Dear Son, etc. It's kind of fun to attempt to decipher what people mean sometimes.

Also, TA means Travel Agent

Much better than my first guess.

It wasn't that long ago that I was a newbie myself (back in my day we had to use a chisel to access the Internet:rolleyes:) but Pax has meant Passenger(s) in the travel industry for many decades.

I have seen "TOP" when people are talking about tables and who they sit with. I haven't been able to figure that one out...any help here? :confused:
Not positive without context, but if they speak of an eight top [ten top, two top, etc] it is a table that seats eight [or whatever]. {There are eight place settings on top of the table}

Thom

Archived