Bring a Friend Promotion

Not sure if anyone saw this on RCL's website...I saw it for the first time this morning:

It's pretty special when you can share something you love with someone who's never experienced it!

Exclusive to Crown & Anchor Society members only, bring your friends or family, who are first-time Royal Caribbean International® cruisers, on your next cruise and reap rewards plus the fun you'll share.

For a limited time, to show our appreciation you'll enjoy $25 to spend in onboard spending money for each stateroom you refer.

Simply fill in the information below before you leave for your cruise together. Check your Bring a Friend referral history often to see the status of your submission. Hurry, offer ends April 30, 2011.

Here are the requirements:

• First-time guests must be sailing on the same ship and sail date as you, the member.
  • Final payment must be received for both yourself and your friend prior to onboard credit being applied.
  • Your friend or family member must be a first-time cruiser with Royal Caribbean International.
  • You may refer friends up to a maximum of 5 staterooms per cruise on 6-night or longer cruises and a maximum of 2 staterooms on 3 to 5-night cruises.

I think it's pretty cool. I actually get to take advantage of it! The bummer is that I can't for the two children going, since they are under 18 -- part of me doesn't get it why I can't consider they are paying full fare. Oh well... $25 gets me what... 3 drinks, maybe? YUM! :D

I saw it and filled it out since Im taking my best friend who has never cruised before, but if Im understanding it correctly, I cant get the OBC because I booked thru my TA. I was all prepared for an extra foo foo or two!!!:(

*Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.*

I saw it and filled it out since Im taking my best friend who has never cruised before, but if Im understanding it correctly, I cant get the OBC because I booked thru my TA. I was all prepared for an extra foo foo or two!!!:(

*Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.*

I dont read that the same way you are. I read it that it doesnt apply if you book under group rates, TA rates (as in special rates only for TAs) or RCCL employee rates.

What is bugging me is I was going to refer my DS's GF but she is at the moment 17 but will be 18 (but after promo ends) before the cruise but it appears I cant refer her.

I dont read that the same way you are. I read it that it doesnt apply if you book under group rates, TA rates (as in special rates only for TAs) or RCCL employee rates.

What is bugging me is I was going to refer my DS's GF but she is at the moment 17 but will be 18 (but after promo ends) before the cruise but it appears I cant refer her.

Yes, I went back and reread it, and I did read it wrong the first time. I tried it again, and it told me to try back later! Maybe they are on overload!

I would think that the age as of time of cruise would be what was needed.It is for everything else!

I wonder whether this can be combined with the family and friends certificates you can get when you get a "Why Not Decide Later?" booking.

A friend of ours, who took his first cruise with us last year, bought a NextCruise certificate with the two companion certificates. He's planning on joining us for our next cruise, but hasn't booked yet. If he manages to get a friend or family member to use one of the companion certificates for the same cruise (getting them $100 OBC), will he then be eligible for an additional $25 from this Bring a Friend promotion?

There's nothing in the fine print that I can see that excludes this, but it's possible that the NextCruise's own terms and conditions might preclude it.

If I am reading the fineprint correctly, it only pertains to cruises booked from today until sometime in April. Unless I read it wrong, it doesn't cover any existing reservations.

Gregg

If I am reading the fineprint correctly, it only pertains to cruises booked from today until sometime in April. Unless I read it wrong, it doesn't cover any existing reservations.

Gregg

That's exactly as I read it which totally bums me out as I am a C&A member and bringing 8 'newbies' with me on our FOS cruise in May- but it has been booked for a year now so I don't qualify. A nice $200 OBC would have been quite a nice bonus for us....:(

That's exactly as I read it which totally bums me out as I am a C&A member and bringing 8 'newbies' with me on our FOS cruise in May- but it has been booked for a year now so I don't qualify. A nice $200 OBC would have been quite a nice bonus for us....:(

I know, my DS is going on a Spring Break cruise in March that they just booked last Thursday with 3 friends who have not been on RCI before. I checked it real careful hoping he would qualify, but no luck. He could have used some OBC, even though he just redeemed $200 OBC from his Royal credit card. More wouldn't have hurt.

Gregg

I have a similar situation as well (booking made many months ago). I went ahead and applied for it... we will see if they are feeling generous I guess :confused:.

I have a similar situation as well (booking made many months ago). I went ahead and applied for it... we will see if they are feeling generous I guess :confused:.

Mine hasn't been booked yet but will be shortly. Booking through a TA I am still able to give someone my friend credit correct? Looks like I need to find a friend on the cruise :) Might be an easy way to find a my first friend. :D

We leave in March and under on RCI Website it gave me an option to apply for it through C&A Society. It even had the reservation # in the drop down menu and I applied for 3 credits since we are bringing 3 newbies with us. I'll let you know if I got it when it is confirmed. I think it is worth a try.

We are paid in full for our cruise in less than 3 weeks. One of my friends is a RCCL newbie. Can I take advantage of this offer' date=' or is it for bookings made today and up until the April deadline? :confused:[/quote']

As it's written, it is from cruises booked today thru April 30th. I'm going to give it a try anyway. Why not?;)

The way the terms read, I think the friend must make their booking starting today. The C&A member can have the cruise booked already. They want to encourage you to refer your friends and get them to cruise Royal Caribbean! I already did this with two friends--two weeks ago:( Guess I won't get the $50. But I sent the reservation numbers in anyway. You never know when they might slip through!!

The way the terms read, I think the friend must make their booking starting today. The C&A member can have the cruise booked already. They want to encourage you to refer your friends and get them to cruise Royal Caribbean! I already did this with two friends--two weeks ago:( Guess I won't get the $50. But I sent the reservation numbers in anyway. You never know when they might slip through!!

And it has to be on the same cruise. I believe it is $25/cabin instead of $25 per person. Correct me if this is not true.

And it has to be on the same cruise. I believe it is $25/cabin instead of $25 per person. Correct me if this is not true.

I think you're right, too. I have two friends who have each booked a cabin with their husbands, and it's a 12 day cruise, so you get $25 for each cabin. That's where I got the $50. But I still don't think they'll give it to me because the friends already booked 2 weeks ago. Friends have to book starting today.

I wonder whether this can be combined with the family and friends certificates you can get when you get a "Why Not Decide Later?" booking.

A friend of ours, who took his first cruise with us last year, bought a NextCruise certificate with the two companion certificates. He's planning on joining us for our next cruise, but hasn't booked yet. If he manages to get a friend or family member to use one of the companion certificates for the same cruise (getting them $100 OBC), will he then be eligible for an additional $25 from this Bring a Friend promotion?

There's nothing in the fine print that I can see that excludes this, but it's possible that the NextCruise's own terms and conditions might preclude it.

This is us also. We are cruising with 2 other couples and we have these "Why Not Decide Later?" certificates. Anyone know if they can be combined?

We may have to call!

Archived