Distributing Ashes at Sea; Our Experience

Pam in CA

• 4 years later...

Pam, I know this is an older thread, but thank you for sharing your experience with us. Reading your account has been invaluable to us as my brother-in-law passed and DW would like to scatter his ashes at sea.

We found that the fax number listed no longer went to a fax machine, so I contacted Princess to try and get more information. Thanks to an awesome CSR (Alicia), I found there is now a dedicated email address for these requests: ashesrequest@princesscruises.com

Hopefully our experience will be as smooth as yours.

Grey

Grey, thank you for the update. I was amazed and humbled by the number of people who publicly and privately wrote and told me that they'd wanted to do this but didn't know it was possible or how to go about it.

Even now, when we take a cruise and are off the coast of Mexico, we say, "Hi, Jim!" I know this is exactly what he would have wanted.

I'm glad everything worked out. This sounds like something my Dad would have liked to have done. I am sure he is still sitting in the box somewhere in Hawaii, the opposite of what HE wanted. But that's a long story and not a happy one...I'm glad this one ended happily. Another reason on my list why I love Princess!