Payment during B2B cruise

Bearcat1946

I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere. I will be taking a back to back on the Oasis of the Seas in November. My question is about payments during/after the cruise(s). Do I have to settle up with everyone (staff, waiter, etc) at the end of the first half of my cruise or will it carry over? Will the Passenger Services have already debited my account prior to sailing? Does Royal Caribbean break it down in half or expect payments at the end of the cruise? I am quite confused. :confused:

I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere. I will be taking a back to back on the Oasis of the Seas in November. My question is about payments during/after the cruise(s). Do I have to settle up with everyone (staff, waiter, etc) at the end of the first half of my cruise or will it carry over? Will the Passenger Services have already debited my account prior to sailing? Does Royal Caribbean break it down in half or expect payments at the end of the cruise? I am quite confused. :confused:

When we have done b2b (back to back) we have had to settle our account for the first cruise at the end of that cruise. Our credit card was debited twice, once after the first cruise and once after the second cruise. New seapass cards are issued for the second half of the b2b.

we did a b2b in november and we were charged seperately for each wk- we had the same cabin both wks but had different cabin stewards same with the dining room- same table but different wait staff.

we ended up with a credit the first wk and weren't able to transfer to the second wk- so had a credit on our credit card for the first wk and a charge for what we spent on the second wk

HAL used to do what was explained above. But now HAL offers many of their back-to-back cruises as Collector's Cruises and you get only one bill and one ID card.

When it was done separately -- we gave our extra tips to the wait staff and cabin stewards at the end of the first cruise. Many times we did not have the same dining room wait staff.

RCI will close out your first cruise, charge your card & automatically use the same card for your following cruise. If you wish to use a different card for the second cruise just go to the Purser's desk anytime prior to the last night of the second cruise & give them another card.

We do many b-to-b's and always give our 'over and above' tips the last night of each segment. Even though we are staying for another cruise, most are leaving and we like to tip crew at the end of each cruise.

Our B2B has been on RCL. We contacted the "consecutive department" prior to sailing. We had the same suite with the same attendant but the assistant was different. Our table (traditional seating), the waitstaff, and the sea pass cards were changed. Luckily, we tipped all personnel after each segment. Besides, tipping after the 1st cruise alerted personnel to the joys of what more to expect after rendering great service.

We do many b-to-b's and always give our 'over and above' tips the last night of each segment. Even though we are staying for another cruise, most are leaving and we like to tip crew at the end of each cruise.

We do the same, just in case we find out our steward has changed, or wait staff are different.

Archived