Grand Princess Refit April 2011

silver wedding

thanks for that info.

I'm sure on my last cruise a lot of the 'new' items for publunch and room service were already available, certainly the chicken curry and chilli were on the menus. Perhaps they were trialling them to see the reaction - it must have been good if they are now officially saying they will be added.

The 'al fresco' seating on the decks behind horizon court were also available but they were just place settings at the tables already there that were used for the bar area. Maybe they are changing all the furniture to be more suitable.

thanks for that info.

I'm sure on my last cruise a lot of the 'new' items for publunch and room service were already available, certainly the chicken curry and chilli were on the menus. Perhaps they were trialling them to see the reaction - it must have been good if they are now officially saying they will be added.

The 'al fresco' seating on the decks behind horizon court were also available but they were just place settings at the tables already there that were used for the bar area. Maybe they are changing all the furniture to be more suitable.

The additional pub lunch was on the Ruby way back in April and also instituted on the Sapphire in September.

Great information ... thanks to all! Investing in ships already in service makes much more sense than building those floating skyscrapers, as RCI has done. Several of their ships need considerable upgrading ... and while they'll eventually be done (or sold/transferered), having a state-of-the-art fleet is far more appealing to me.

Well I hope they put working jacuzzi tubs in the window suites on the Grand.

The ones on the Caribbean Princess appear to work when you push the buttons, but there is so little pressure, it is false advertising to say they have jacuzzi tubs. Now we have had a VS suite on the Sapphire, 2 different WS on the Golden and a mini on the Dawn and all of those tubs had jacuzzi's with real jets. Their excuse was the Caribbean Princess was dry docked in a different country than the Golden.

So be warned that if you really want a Jacuzzi, the W.S. on the Caribbean Princess is not what you want. Engineering checked the others WS and they were the same, pathetic.:mad:

We loved Grand, but we are also disappointed that the cabins are not being spruced up in the refit. Perhaps the rooms have to be in use for a certain period of time before they can justify the costs.

Matthew

I suspect that many of the in cabin minor repairs, bedding, carpets etc are done as required and not left until drydock, our cabin last August had a very recent new carpet and was generally in a very good state of repair.

Hi All

Well I am not great at this web lark, but I think this Link will take you to the pictures.http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/668388136

You should be able to enlarge them as much as you like.

please let me know if it works.

Chris

Hi All

Well I am not great at this web lark, but I think this Link will take you to the pictures.http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/668388136

You should be able to enlarge them as much as you like.

please let me know if it works.

Chris

Thanks Chris, yes, it works:)

Hi Donna 5

I am having problems myself.

not an expert at this but the photobox site was supposed to be good for storing and sharing pics.

any one got any sugestions.

Chris

Chris, Can you scan the brochure to a pdf file? You could then attach the pdf as long as it is smaller than 976 Kb. My HP software allows me to do that. Also the second file appears to show the old Grand deck plan with no Club One Five and it still shows Skywalkers. Thanks for all of your efforts.

Thanks IE Cal Cruiser,

Have no PDF Maker.

However have got myself a Flickr account and it seems to work.

9.00 pm here so signing of, but will upload tomorow and post link to my flickr site.

Yes the Brochure does show Skywalkers still up, despite the posts that it will be chopped off.

Chris

Yes the Brochure does show Skywalkers still up, despite the posts that it will be chopped off.

Personally, I have found the claims that skywalkers will be removed

from the ship to be a little suspect.

If it were somehow so dangerous that it had to be removed, I don't

think they would continue using it until drydock.

I received a Meet and Greet date and venue from Princess a couple of days ago for our June cruise on the Grand...the location is SKYWALKERS!! ?? I was told 'all the renovations would be completed by then' in answer to my querying the location.

I received a Meet and Greet date and venue from Princess a couple of days ago for our June cruise on the Grand...the location is SKYWALKERS!! ?? I was told 'all the renovations would be completed by then' in answer to my querying the location.

Skywalkers may still be on the ship.....BUT....in a different location.

I don't think it was ever suggested it was "dangerous", only that it was putting more stress on the aft portion of the ship than was anticipated so it is being removed for the long term benefit of the ship.

Hi all

Got the brochure pics sorted .

Brochure is Second edition April-November 2011.

Link to Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_cruise/

Click pic then click again and go to view all sizes top right to enlarge.

Chris.

Chris, Thanks for your perseverance in getting the deck plans posted :) In a quick review it appears the Plaza, Fiesta and Promenade deck plans are the after refit version while the Lido, Sun, Sports and Sky deck plans are the current version :confused: There is major work being done aft on the Sun deck and none of those changes are shown.

Unashamedly stolen from another thread...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/

shows how Grand will look after drydock.

Thanks for the link. Aft looks a bit lost :(. I remember the thrill of walking up to Skywalkers within 5 minutes of boarding my very first cruise.

Leaves looks err..... bookish? :o

The changes will make the Grand a definite possibility for me again as I don't usually like to sail the same ships. Now I feel I have to :D

Archived