Blue lagoon wings

LUFA101

I keep hearing that everyone loooves the wings here. My DH and I will be on the Gem and were wondering are these buffalo wings or bbq wings and are they the sticky kind or the fried dry kind? I keep telling my husband I will be having plenty of beer and wings this trip!

They are the fried kind tossed in Hot Wing Sauce. You can get them regular or extra spicy, etc. They are usually REALLY good. I have noticed, for some reason, they are better on some of the cruises we have been on than others. On a couple of cruises I had to... and I mean HAD to have them every night or I was in a bad mood.. LOL. I have noticed that with several things on NCL. For instance on the Sun the burgers at the Aft of the ship were so good I had to have one of them every day. On every other NCL cruise we have been on I was never able to finish a single burger. I'm just really weird when it comes to burgers. You can't go by me on a burger because most folks love them on NCL. 8-)

I like the Blue Lagoon wings but I can't say I love them. I like them enough that I always make a point of ordering them at least a few times in a week-long cruise. My main problem with them is that they're not hot enough, even when you order the spicier version.

There are a couple different ways you can order the wings: plain fried (which is how I like them), mild sauce, hot sauce, or with bbq sauce. With a side of fries they are a great snack. When we didn't feel like waiting the whole 5 minutes it took to prepare them, we would order from our cabin and run down and pick them up to eat in the cabin.

P.S. The spinach dip, blueberry cheesecake, fish-n-chips are also very good. Heck, I have yet to have anything bad at the BL.

They are the fried kind tossed in Hot Wing Sauce. You can get them regular or extra spicy, etc. They are usually REALLY good. I have noticed, for some reason, they are better on some of the cruises we have been on than others. On a couple of cruises I had to... and I mean HAD to have them every night or I was in a bad mood.. LOL. I have noticed that with several things on NCL. For instance on the Sun the burgers at the Aft of the ship were so good I had to have one of them every day. On every other NCL cruise we have been on I was never able to finish a single burger. I'm just really weird when it comes to burgers. You can't go by me on a burger because most folks love them on NCL. 8-)

I was going to say the same thing about the wings, they are both deep fried and tossed in hot sause. I will say, one time we had them when they tasted more like fried flour but it was one of the days when everyone was coming back from shore excursions at the same time and they were swamped.

For OP, try the fish and chips as well. The only less than positive experience we have had with BLue Lagoon was on the Pearl. As much as we loved the ship the Blue Lagoon was the downfall. The service was bad and the food just so so. The best was on the Jewel.

Nita

To be honest I was extremely disappointed with Blue Lagoon. The food was sub-par on the Jewel in October. I went there twice and didn't go back. Tried a few different things. I will say the surprising quality of the Buffet made up for it.

There are a couple different ways you can order the wings: plain fried (which is how I like them), mild sauce, hot sauce, or with bbq sauce. With a side of fries they are a great snack. When we didn't feel like waiting the whole 5 minutes it took to prepare them, we would order from our cabin and run down and pick them up to eat in the cabin.

P.S. The spinach dip, blueberry cheesecake, fish-n-chips are also very good. Heck, I have yet to have anything bad at the BL.

WOW.. I SOOO never even thought about ordering them from the room.. that is a terrific idea. AND WITH BBQ SAUCE??? Oh my Goodness.. I'm a Texas boy.. you know we LOVE our BBQ sauce.. You can bet I'm going to try them that way on our next cruise. I never knew they served them that way in BL.

Let me put it another way, we will take those BL Wings with the dipping sauces anytime, anywhere over those from the local Pizza Hut, Papa John, IHOP, etc. - whether eat-in or take-out, especially for a late night onboard or mid afternoon snack.

And, yes, they will wrap it for takeout & since we are usually on deck 8 or 9, it's a short walk back to sit back & relax in the comfort of our own balcony/cabin.

They also have excellent fish and chips in there

Maybe I'm just spoiled because I'm used to great fried seafood but I found the fish in the "fish and chips" to be very bland. I don't think they season their batter much (if at all) and being used to highly-seasoned cooking I naturally found it bland and boring.

To be honest I was extremely disappointed with Blue Lagoon. The food was sub-par on the Jewel in October. I went there twice and didn't go back. Tried a few different things. I will say the surprising quality of the Buffet made up for it.

That's how we felt about our last cruise on the Jewel May 2010. We tried BL once and didn't go back...thought the food and service was sub-par too...loved the buffet and of course LeBistro!

Our first experience with B. Lagoon was the Jewel and we absolutely loved it, but that was over 5 years ago. Things do change. Our kids were not all that thrilled with it on the Pearl. In fact our foster daughters partner didn't like the fish and chips at all. She loved them in the MDR. Our experience was, as I mentioned the service. The food was hit or miss, depending on what we ordered, but remember, it is just a typical fast food place and all 3 times we tried it were very busy times.

Nita

Archived