Eurodam Retreat Area- Crowded?

agentgirl

I am considering booking all 10 cabins on the Observation Deck of the Eurodam. For anyone that has stayed in one of these cabins: What did you like/hate about the location, cabins, etc. I know the balconies are "Viewing Balconies" meaning no table or chairs. Is the retreat area crowded with other guests that are not staying in the OD cabins? The description of the cabins states "Spa Services"- what kind of Spa services did you receive with the cabin? Is noise a problem being so close to the Crow's nest? What about cigarette smells? Any/all info would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to recommend these cabins to 9 other couples if we are going to hate them!

Thanks!

We were on Deck 10 of the Eurodam, one deck below where you're looking. We loved that location.

The "spa services" is a bit misleading. You don't receive anything from the spa. You do get a yoga mat, some bottles of Vitamin Water and a fancy water from Norway, and a Bose Ipod dock (which, btw, did NOT charge my iphone but did sound nice).

If you book all the observation deck cabins, the only smoking on balconies would be from your group. The retreat cabanas are far enough away that you shouldn't smell smoke on your balconies. As said, the cabanas must be rented separately.

You'll probably get more motion than other cabins and you may get noise from activities in the Crow's nest. Also, your cabin stewards' group of cabins will be on two decks. The hallway is relatively private because it isn't used by people going to and from the Crow's Nest.

Verandah Staterooms

Deluxe Spa Verandah Ocean-view 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub & shower, sitting area, private verandah, floor-toceiling windows. VT staterooms have viewing balconies. Approximately 213–379 sq. ft. including verandah.

Room Amenities

• Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring plush Sealy Posturepedic® Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens
  • Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerhead
  • 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
  • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

Spa Amenities include:

• Yoga Mats
  • iPod® docking stations
  • Countertop water feature in-room
  • Exclusive spa treatments from the nearby Greenhouse Spa and Salon Have no idea what that means.

I appreciate all of your responses. Is there anyone who has actually stayed in one of these cabins that has an opnion- good or bad- as to noise level from the Crows Nest? I usually ALWAYS get a full balcony, but these look intriguing to me to have a completely private area for our group.

You really shouldn't hear anything from the Crow's Nest, as that is not an entertainment venue at night. There will be a single musician, playing softly, ending at either 11:00 or midnight (I forget which; think it was the earlier time).

There will be activities in the Crow's Nest during the day, but will you be in your cabin? They probably won't be loud activities anyway. I know when I approach the Crow's Nest I can't hear a thing coming from there until I'm right at the entrance.

You were very helpful. One more question if I am not being a bother~ are the cabanas all the way around the sides of the Retreat area so that you cannot even go look out if you don't rent a cabana? And does anyone know (or can you say) how much the cabana's rent for?

Thanks all~ I am not a novice cruiser- I just have no experience with these Observation Deck Cabins!

You were very helpful. One more question if I am not being a bother~ are the cabanas all the way around the sides of the Retreat area so that you cannot even go look out if you don't rent a cabana? And does anyone know (or can you say) how much the cabana's rent for?

Thanks all~ I am not a novice cruiser- I just have no experience with these Observation Deck Cabins!

The whole deck area where the cabanas are, are only for the use of those who rented a cabana. The only part that is open to all are the stairways that lead to the deck above the Crows Nest.

That is an eye-opener! Thanks so much for that bit of info, Boytjie. I will have to run this by my group and see if this is worth it now~

Are you just looking for easy access to a deck area or were you hoping to have use of the Retreat Cabanas (or its deck space)? If it is just open deck space, the deck area above those cabins and the Crows Nest is just up one flight of stairs.

It also may not be that easy to get all 10 those cabins in one booking.

Hi. We are currently booked into a VT guarantee and have booked a retreat cabana for the week as have the other 2 couples in our group. Cost is $299 for the week and you have access to the retreat area from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.

Are you just looking for easy access to a deck area or were you hoping to have use of the Retreat Cabanas (or its deck space)? If it is just open deck space, the deck area above those cabins and the Crows Nest is just up one flight of stairs.

It also may not be that easy to get all 10 those cabins in one booking.

I already have all 10 cabins held- just waiting for everyone to complete their deposits!

Hi. We are currently booked into a VT guarantee and have booked a retreat cabana for the week as have the other 2 couples in our group. Cost is $299 for the week and you have access to the retreat area from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.

How did you book the cabana already? And what happens after 5:00? Does that whole deck close down or open to the public?

Thanks so much!

There is NO smoking in the retreat area, the retreat cabanas are 299 for double 13 of those and 449. for family...double allows for 3 adults or two adults one child..family allows for 4 adults and two children..

I appreciate the info. We are all non-smokers which is one reason we are excited to be able to get a virtually private area for all of us!

How did you book the cabana already? And what happens after 5:00? Does that whole deck close down or open to the public?

Thanks so much!

you just call ship services and give them a credit card # to book one or more cabanas (assuming there are enough available, they sell out quick). all of the cabanas (retreat and lido) close down to anyone's use after 5pm... so no-one can get in that area at the end of the day.

The Retreat deck area is closed off by a single rope. I usually just stepped over it to get to our cabana. The stewards discontinue their services at 5 although ours said we could stay a half hour or so longer - no problem. They offer champagne and chocolate covered strawberries around 4 I believe. During lunch they will offer to bring items from a menu or from the Lido. We usually just made our own plates and brought them up ourselves. Our daughter's favorite activity: watching pier runners make a mad dash for the ship at sail away. How do people get themselves in these situations?:confused: Anyway she is disappointed the Veendam which she will be on in June doesn't have cabanas! Call right away to reserve - and enjoy your cruise. Sounds like you will have a fun group.:)

Diane

Archived