Price drop after docs rec'd for 3/11 cruise

I just went in and checked rates for what we reserved (inside guarantee) and it seems the rates dropped $100/pp for the first 2 people. We rec'd our documents over the weekend. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can call and get a price adjustment. I figure it's worth a try but wanted to know what kind of experience others had. Oh, BTW, not sure if it matters but when I select 'inside guarantee' to check the rates, there was a message that says there are no more cabins in that category available.

Thanks!

Depends on the agent- some give the price back to the customer--some dont. (mine didnt on the Victory and we lost a lot of money) . Call your agent and ask- the worse that can happen is you get told no. the best thing is maybe cabin credit

but you say the price dropped for your cat but there are no more cabins left.

Thanks, everyone. We are going on teh 3day paradise (and praying it isn't going to be one big drunk party!!) on 3/11. I booked directly through Carnival. I think I'll give it a shot. Doesn't hurt to ask, right? I'll let you all know what happens.

You booked thru Carnival PVP. That's good, because...My PVP has, on two occasions, given me shipboard credits when there was a rate drop after final payment. Call her/him NOW.:)

Sorry, I meant to add that, for a cruise in 2003, I saw a lower rate than I paid, only THREE days before my cruise. I called my PVP and got a really nice shipboard credit - actually much more than the drop in price. Don't know why it was so much, but I sure didn't question it.;)

If you DO get a shipboard credit after receiving your docs, be sure and get them to email you a confirmation notice so you can print it out and take it with you - just in case the credit doesn't show up on your S&S account!

Well, I called and left a voice mail earlier today and haven't heard back. Maybe she is off today. Someone here did share their PVP with me, so wondering if I should call them instead?!?!? I think I'll give it another day and then do just that. A CC credit would haev been great but a shipcoard credit will be good too!

Carnival issues onboard credit for price drops, RCCI issues credit right back to the CC you used to book.

Serene, you should have used me!

I see that your from "upstate new york". So am I and was just wondering where your located. We are near Syracuse,N.Y. I haven't seen too many people on this board from upstate so was just a little curious that's all. Linda

When we cruised on Victory, last Easter, I told my internet agent of a price drop and he coordinated a credit ($400)to my credit card through Carnival. Boy... that was a bargain cruise. When I got my 1st credit card statement after cruise...the credit from Carnival was on it!

Last week I noticed that our OV guarantee had dropped by 50. pp. Called TA and he came back with 60. shipboard credit for room from Carnival. This week the BL guarantee is only 20. pp more than my original OV. Called TA again yesterday, for $40 was changed to BL guarantee. (no they did not take back last weeks shipboard credit) When I book last fall the difference between the OV and BL was several hundred dollars. I am a happy cruiser.

We booked our first cruise on the Inspiration through a Carnival PVP. The price dropped after final payment, and we received a ship board credit for ourselves and the other cabin he had reserved for family members.

What one of the other posters stated was great advice. Get the information on the credit in writing and bring it with you. I wish we had because our credits were not on the account, and the Purser's Desk knew nothing about it. Luckily I had the PVP's name. I had to fill out a paper that they faxed to the office, and finally the credit showed up. However, it took me going to the Purser's Desk everyday to inquire.

We received a $75 cabin credit on our Miracle cruise. We were able to see the credit on the Folio on the TV. The last day of the cruise we went to the Purser's Desk to pay in cash so not to have it charged to the credit card. The Purser's Desk tried to tell us we owed $75 more that what we had just viewed on the TV. Seems he was "overlooking" the shipboard credit.

Happy Cruising!

Melissa

How do you find out that the prices have gone down. We just booked a cruise(put our down payment) and I want to watch the prices. Online, they have stayed the same. I haven't seen any drops there. Where do I look?

This morning I noticed that the price of our Miracle cruise for 03/20 just dropped $150 per person. I called my TA this morning and asked her to call Carnival to see if we could get shipboard credit. My TA called back and said the Carnival rep gave her a really hard time about it. Rep said that they are trying to get away from giving shipboard credit and asked TA if she realized that her commission would be affected by this. My TA (have used her to book my last 4 cruises) was insistant and said she didn't care and this was more then just a couple of dollars difference, and that if Carnival was going to drop their prices they needed to be ready to pass on the difference. Well, Carnival is crediting our credit card $600 ($300 per cabin)and have faxed TA the papers. I just used the Book/Modify method to verify and the price difference is already reflected there.

Where are you looking to see if the prices have gone down? The carnival site? I know our cruise is still one year away, maybe that's why I haven't seen any drops in price at all over the last few weeks. I finally put the deposit down yesterday as I wasn't seeing the price change at all.

Archived