Disney FANTASY begins construction...sort of

dmwnc1959

That doesn't work for me... Maybe it's because I am using Firefox, or go through a firewall.... :confused:

On the MW page, right click on the picture, then click save picture as. Youll get a pop up that will ask where you want it saved. Click OK or Save. Remember where the picture was saved to.( Typically it goes into your document folder or the my pictures folder.)This will save the picture to your hard drive.

Use a free photohosting web page such as Photobucket.

There free. Once you have an account set up (If you dont already) go to the upload tool, select the folder that you saved the picture in, select the photo and it should upload. Once its on the page, highlight the picture and youll see a drop down with different choices. Use the one marked Image code, copy and paste the address on it, on to the page you want to put it on, and your done.

Making progress. The forward funnel is now sporting a shiny red paint job. Aft funnel hasn't been installed yet.

(Regardless of the method - and I've tried them all - I can't get any pix to show as anything but thumbnails, either. Maddening. :mad: )

7-25-11.jpg.7becee4f563d9da09d7aec2926abcf7b.jpg

No, it's definitely the forward funnel. The raised white block with the rounded edges ahead of the funnel is the area that will eventually hold the mast with the communications gear, radar, etc. If it was the aft funnel, the area ahead of it would be clear, as the kids and family pools are located between the two funnels. What you see in the webcam is the area highlighted in the pic below.

567091052_Dreamfunnelarea.jpg.7bba5e6c5bfc7ee3e10e6deab60afcce.jpg

BTW...the forward funnel is the fake one. :D

I missed that part. Right - the aft funnel contains all the exhaust pipes, etc. And the aft funnel also would have a large opening on the port side where the beginning of Aquaduck will be installed.

The forward funnel houses "Edge", the tweens' area, on the 13th deck level and the cocktail lounge "Outlook" on the 14th deck level.

• 3 weeks later...
There is not alot of progress that the webcam has shown for the past week or two. However I went to their panoramic page and clicked on dock2. You can see the unpainted stack sitting to the side...

That's the stack from the Dream:o The skeleton of a ship in the right of the picture gives you a good idea of how far along the Dream was in construction when that stack was delivered.

That's the stack from the Dream:o The skeleton of a ship in the right of the picture gives you a good idea of how far along the Dream was in construction when that stack was delivered.

How can you tell that it's from the Dream?

How can you tell that it's from the Dream?

Three reasons: First, that image has been on the MW website for more than a year and a half already; and second, the Dream was assembled stern to bow, and the Fantasy is being assembled bow to stern. If you look at the right side of the image, you can clearly see the stern to bow build process; and third, if you want to do a CC search on the Dream construction, you'll find that image among the images posted during its build out.

Three reasons: First, that image has been on the MW website for more than a year and a half already; and second, the Dream was assembled stern to bow, and the Fantasy is being assembled bow to stern. If you look at the right side of the image, you can clearly see the stern to bow build process; and third, if you want to do a CC search on the Dream construction, you'll find that image among the images posted during its build out.

I wasn't doubting you, I was just wondering what gave it away.

I saw the same things earlier on a different board. At that time, the Sillohette was still in the dry dock, behind the Fantasy. The Sillouhette would show in the webcam image, but didnt on the panaoramic view.

I saw the same things earlier on a different board. At that time, the Sillohette was still in the dry dock, behind the Fantasy. The Sillouhette would show in the webcam image, but didnt on the panaoramic view.

There is a frame grab of this exact image on the DIS boards that dates back to August 2010, long before the Fantasy was even started, and about 4 months before the Dream was floated out:)

Senior moment - - Anybody remember the expected float-out date ? :confused:

Not sure it's been formally announced, but since Dream floated out on 10/31/10 and did her inaugural on 1/26/11, I figure about 90 days prior to Inaugural, she'll be floated out of MW.

Archived