NCL Spirit- D is going with a friend- lots of ?'s

hlsess

My 18 yo D is booked with a freind's family. They will be in a cabin with 4- I Know it will be very crowded- any suggestions?

Also the mother said they prepaid tips- 10-12- how much is it?

She also said that she needs her name and passport #- don't I need a form too- she is 18-where do i find the form?

Did i read that NCL does not have set seating times?

About how much is parking at port per day?

Where an i find excursions booked thru ship?

Thanks

My 18 yo D is booked with a freind's family. They will be in a cabin with 4- I Know it will be very crowded- any suggestions?

Also the mother said they prepaid tips- 10-12- how much is it?

She also said that she needs her name and passport #- don't I need a form too- she is 18-where do i find the form?

Did i read that NCL does not have set seating times?

About how much is parking at port per day?

Thanks

The tips are $12.00 per day per person. I'm not sure what form you are talking about. There is a form that a parent can sign to allow their 18 year old to drink on the ship but I'm pretty sure that isn't the one you mean. You are correct, NCL does not have set seating times, you can go to dinner whenever you like. If you go to a "pay" restaurant reservations are required. If you go to www.NCL.com and look at the very bottom of the page there is an excursions link. You chose the port (like Belize, Nassau etc.) and it brings up a list of the excursions that NCL offers for that port.

Have you looked on the NCL website at all? :rolleyes:

Are you in a bad mood this morning or trying to build up post count? Second time this morning you've answered a post with similar response.

To the original poster, looks like your questions have been answered. The Spirit is a beautiful ship and your daughter should have a great time. Four in a cabin is crowded but doable. Tell her not to over pack - it's so easy to take way more than needed.

Tell her, if the cabin restroom is busy, she can use public restrooms.

She also said that she needs her name and passport #- don't I need a form too

If you mean the sailpass, that family will fill it out for everybody, this is why they need her passport - give her a copy. Make a copy for your daughter, tell her to keep her passport in the safe, carry the copy on shore.

On NCL website (and if for some reason you cannot access them, I think you can look them up on Expedia too)

There is a parental form on the NCL website but since she is 18 though, it wouldn't be needed because she is considered an adult.

When we take the kid's friends, I always get a letter that I fill out and let the parents sign and get notarized stipulating where we are traveling, the dates and that I can made medical decisions etc. in case the child is incapacitated and cannot make decisions on their own. I do this even if they are over 18.

There is a parental form on the NCL website but since she is 18 though, it wouldn't be needed because she is considered an adult.

When we take the kid's friends, I always get a letter that I fill out and let the parents sign and get notarized stipulating where we are traveling, the dates and that I can made medical decisions etc. in case the child is incapacitated and cannot make decisions on their own. I do this even if they are over 18.

yes, 18 is considered an adult and they do not need the parental letter. I think for drinking beer and wine there also is a form. That I am not sure about if the parent isn't traveling with the 18 year old.

Nita

That is incorrect. NCL policy requires the form to be completed for anyone under 21 who is not sailing with their parents. Here's, a link to the FAQ explaining this policy. I already provided a link to the form itself in post #6 on this thread.

http://www2.ncl.com/faq#n19270

Reservations are not required for the pay restaurants.

That's not true - many book up quickly and you won't get in. Some, you may be able to walk up. Teppanyaki fills quickly and you have to have a rez for that one.

But there are tons of options that are not upcharge restaurants. 18yos would love the Blue Lagoon on the Spirit.

Thanks for the info- Just called NCL and she does NOT need the form to get on ship since she is already 18.

I will probably use it anyway - giving the friend's permission in case something happens

The form (or a notarized letter) is required - NCL's reps are not always the most well-informed bunch, and "but the phone rep said X" won't get her on the ship.

Archived