Is Milk at dinner included...

crusin4funtimes

Sorry if this has been asked before, but we are a family that likes our milk!:D

We are a family of four, my husband, myself and our two children(11 & 9) and we go thru a galloon of milk at least a day and was thinking how expensive this may become if it is not included...also do you know if they have Skim.

Thank you:)

I LOVE MY MILK TOO!!! I know that on the last couple of cruises we were on, I could easily get milk on the buffet. When it was closed up, all I had to do was stop by any of the areas and ask someone for it, and they would go and get as many as I needed. At dinner, I informed my waiter one night that all I wanted to drink was milk (I usually had tea), and he kept it coming... refill after refill. So, yes it is easy to have milk! Enjoy

Milk is included in your cruise fare. Milk can be found in the buffet, through room service or in the main dining room by request. The ship stocks whole, 2%, skim and chocolate milk however ships do run out of one or more occasionally. I guess that is a function of how many milk families are on any given sailing. :)

Milk is in the buffets all the time skim, 1%, 2%, whole & chocolate. Grab a couple extra keep them in your fridge.

I have had trouble on some cruises getting milk with my dinners but it should be alot easier with children.

Like you, I have milk at dinner most of the time. The waiter comes sees me coming to my table, and as soon as I sit down, there is a glass of milk and a cup of coffee waiting for me.

One night, after asking for the 3rd glass, I commented he should just bring me a cow, it would save him some time.

It must have his his funny bone, as I glanced around a moment later, and he was leaning against a pillar, laughing like crazy. I do wish though, they would bring bigger glasses, but it's better than nothing!

Melanie

Yes this is one of the benefits of the MDR in that the waiters do remember what you like to drink and it is usually waiting for you when you arrive.

My kids and DH loved coming and having their milk ready for them when they arrived for dinner.

And they get to know us kid like adults who have to have milk with melting cake everynight. :D;)

I also have to have a glass of milk with my warm Choc melting cake every night...couple of cruises ago, the good folks at the table next to us made fun of me every night because I had to have my milk...even our waiter had to poke a little fun, and served it one night with a little umbrella! I do agree the glasses need to be a little larger, but its a cruise and were having fun, so who cares!:)

Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to trying the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake that I have been hearing so much about.

This will be my 7th cruise, first with CCL and I have not cruised since 2003 so I really appreciate all the replies because I know things have change since 2003 and not all cruise lines have the same policies.

I am also glad to see so may milk drinkers :D

I inform waiter on first night that i like a LARGE glass of milk every night with my dinner. They always bring it as soon as we arrive. ( they use the BIG water glass )

Thanks so much...that's a good idea. Next cruise I will do that. I should ask for a LARGE cup of coffee also. Maybe I will grab an empty cup from the Lido.

Melanie

I am glad we can get our chocolate milk for dinners as well. I know you have to pay for soda, but what other options are free in the MDR for dinner in case we want a break for our usual chocolate milk?

You can also request Iced tea, or Lemonade. After your meal you can get Coffee, Cappucino, or hot tea with your desert

Recently on the Victory we actually found it hard to get milk. We were travelling with a 3-yr-old who was used to milk at every meal. In the MDR I can't remember what was said but she got water for every meal. I was under the impression that either you drank water or you paid for it, but I could very easily be wrong. Either way, milk was definitely not offered to DD in the MDR.

On our cruise there were only milk cartons on the breakfast buffet with the cereal, and you either stood in line for it or you reached across someone which I gather gets some people upset. We took 2 every morning, one for then and one to keep in the ice bucket in our room for the evening. One evening I saw a man carrying two cartons of milk and I asked him where he got it. He said he had to fight with the buffet staff for it because they said it screwed up their inventory count to give it out at night. So I would disagree that it's easy to get milk at any time on the ship, but it's there.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but we are a family that likes our milk!:D

We are a family of four, my husband, myself and our two children(11 & 9) and we go thru a galloon of milk at least a day and was thinking how expensive this may become if it is not included...also do you know if they have Skim.

Thank you:)

We also inform our waiter large milk ever night when main entree is served please. Usually we have to say it once and its done the whole cruise. We also bring our evening vitamins with us and take them with our milk.

I agree with some of the previous posters. Milk can sometimes be hard to get in the MDR. My two teenagers love their milk and on our last cruise we informed our waiter that they would like a glass every night at dinner. They certainly drank it and then had water after because we didn't want to interrupt his system with delivery of the entrees. After a few days he had fruit punch poured in their glasses as soon as they came in. We didn't ask what happened to the milk but I noticed he had a pitcher of fruit punch that his assistant kept filling for any children or teens. We thought this was there way of saying that they didn't want to be put out.

I am also one that has to have a glass of milk before bed and of course, typically the buffet and other places have closed, so I either tend to order from room service, or get a carton ahead of time, either from the buffet or even the MDR. I love, love, love my milk at night, its been habit since I was a kid.

I just know I'll want milk w/ my chocolate molten cake too.

I hate milk, but my son could live on it.

He never had a problem getting it at any time.

Occasionally, my wife would want some late at night

while we were in the buffet. She would usually have to ask for it,

but always got it.

We are also a milk-loving family and usually go through 1.5 gallons/day. So happy to hear that it is available at no extra charge. I had planned on stocking up through room service for our fridge. Did I read somewhere here on the boards that the fridges are not very cold? We like our milk very cold.:D

Archived