Restaurants in Miami and Coral Gables

avp1234

Doing a pre-cruise stay and looking for restaurants. We will be at the Westin in Coral Gables and looking for someplace really good for dinner that is close as we are flying in late. I see alot of recommendations for restaurants with a caribbean flair, and we aren't crazy about that. Love seafood, steaks and even really good italian. In Miami we are staying at the W Hotel and can get a cab. How is Texas De Brazil? Joes Crab was recommended also. Any opinions? Thanks!

Texas de Brazil is a chain of Argentinian steak-houses -- you get access to an amazing salad bar and then unlimited quantities of meat cuts (lamb, filet mignon, skirt steak, chicken, sausages, etc...) served by roving waiters with the meat transfered from a skewer to your plate. It's not cheap (about $50 a head here in the VA suburbs, maybe more in Miami :confused:), but is tasty and will make your heart doctor rich. :o

Good luck! :)

You can't go wrong with either of those options. My folks live in Miami and my dad swears that Texas de Brazil has the best sangria in all of Miami. And Joe's is a classic if you love stone crabs, but it can be quite a challenge to get in.

:-) amcb

Doing a pre-cruise stay and looking for restaurants. We will be at the Westin in Coral Gables and looking for someplace really good for dinner that is close as we are flying in late. I see alot of recommendations for restaurants with a caribbean flair, and we aren't crazy about that. Love seafood, steaks and even really good italian. In Miami we are staying at the W Hotel and can get a cab. How is Texas De Brazil? Joes Crab was recommended also. Any opinions? Thanks!

Go to Monty's in Coconut Grove for stone crab instead of driving all the way to South Beach to go to Joes. It is overpriced and there is always a line.

Ortanique in Coral Gables is my favorite. Probably the best restaurant in Miami.

Not a big fan of the Brazilian steakhouses but Texas de Brazil is really good.

Archived