cabin selection on carnival liberty

ts1937

I am trying to figure out where I want to book on this ship.

I want a balcony with that is queit.

I think I would like the aft balcony but my husband is concerned about too much rocking on the ship.

He also wants to be able to look at the water and see the fish?

Last year we were on the Fantasy and saw a huge stingray in the water from the top deck. So he wants that experience again.

We have had an aft balcony on the Liberty twice, and have another one booked. I have never noticed any extra rocking of the ship in the aft. You will be able to sit out and watch the wake of the ship. Plus, you do not have the wind like you would on the side of the ship.

We picked level 7 on our upcoming cruise. We like that because it is between 2 floors of rooms and is quieter. We have also had level 6. We did hear some faint noise from the lounge below us, but it never bothered us enough to keep us awake. I would not do a level 8. I think there is a lot of noise from above when they are moving the lounge chairs around.

I don't think you will regret an aft balcony. It is larger and much easier to sit and relax. We will never book a side balcony again.

I respectfully disagree with the prior poster about CCL Liberty Deck 8. We had balcony quad cabin 8249 on the Liberty in October, and we were sandwiched between two decks of cabins. So deck 8 forward, is okay in this regard. Midship and aft, then yes you have the Lido deck (pool chairs, etc!) right above you.

Deck 8 rocked very very little (Western Caribbean itinerary). We saw many flying fish, etc.

I just booked us on the CCL Liberty again for February 2012, Eastern Caribbean, and I booked us (three this time) in a cabin on the 7th deck, midship. I liked our cabin location last time but I saved $50 by moving to the 7th deck this time, and it's also sandwiched between two floors of cabins, and is in a fabulous spot right in between the fun stuff on the top decks, and promenade etc. below.

Good luck with your decision!

First, let me tell you that I love the aft location and I don't find rocking to be particularly different there than elsewhere on the ship. Frankly, if the ship is moving enough to "feel" it...its moving everywhere. If movement is your concern, you'd be better off in an OV cabin on a lower deck.

I agree that deck 7, or any cabin location between decks reduces noise, and you need to be aware not only of what is above you but below you. On the Liberty, the area above the aft cabins on deck 8 is at the adult pool area. It is possible you may hear some chair scraping but reports are that this seems to be minimal on this particular ship (specific to the aft cabins) perhaps because of the layout of the pool deck.

That being said, I do recommend the aft, and am willing to "risk" Deck 8 on the Liberty of our upcoming cruise for one of the "wider" aft balconies (8450 or 8457) which offer more space than the other true aft balconies. Not nearly that of the aft wrap, but extra space on a balcony is always much appreciated. I never put a side balcony to good use due wind, noise, and the ability to really "see" the ocean--plus there is no room to stretch out. The aft, in my opinion allows me to relax in quiet and enjoy the wake as the ocean stretches behind us.

And as to being able to see down to the water, I didn't see it as a problem. I could see the water fine. The deck does "step" down in the back so if you look over the rail, you may see the heads of other people looking over their rail, but still have good line of sight to the water below.

Oh! And I agree about seeing the fish...very cool! We were actually able to see a shark. (it was one of the shovel nose sharks but most people were calling it a "hammerhead") that was off the side of the ship right after muster drill. So neat!

I had a aft JS, not Carnnival last fall. I couldnt see what all the uproar is about. I would have been happier with a more convenient cabin to the elevators, mid deck balcony. Iv had aft facing twice and wasnt crazy about either.

I just got off Ecstasy and as we came back into Galveston someone asked about had anyone seen dolphins jumping, so we all peered out into the morning murk and there they were, time after time, 4 or more to the group jumping, on and on. It was wonderfull and having a side view at the time, we could look straight out at them.

If you asked me about a aft wrap, now I would say differently, since you have more openness with the ones I have seen, not to mention seeing both directions, but Im not all that big on just aft facing.

i booked :D

I booked the corner aft to have the huge balcony, 8455

I am sure we will love it.

Has anyone had this cabin and liked it?

We wanted space!

Is there any cover at all?

We are so excited!

ts1937,

We have that cabin booked for April 16, 2011. If your sailing is after then be sure and watch my webshots albums; I'll be uploading a few thousand pics and many of them will be of that cabin and balcony.

There is cover on the side of the balcony, but not much on the aft area. The cabin itself is not overly impressive, but is larger than standard balcony cabins.

We have not sailed in this particular aft wrap before, but we've had the aft wrap below on deck 6 several times and it's PERFECT!

yes there was a price increase but not as much as a suite.

hopefully its well worth it!!!

Thanks everybody!

And the one going in April I would love to see your pictures because I dont go till Summer!!

And the one going in April I would love to see your pictures because I dont go till Summer!!

ts1937,

There's a link to my webshots albums in my signature. Cabin pics are scattered throughout. We've sailed Liberty three times so you'll find pics of just about everything except your cabin now and plenty more prior to your cruise.

I respectfully disagree with the prior poster about CCL Liberty Deck 8. We had balcony quad cabin 8249 on the Liberty in October, and we were sandwiched between two decks of cabins. So deck 8 forward, is okay in this regard. Midship and aft, then yes you have the Lido deck (pool chairs, etc!) right above you.

Deck 8 rocked very very little (Western Caribbean itinerary). We saw many flying fish, etc.

I just booked us on the CCL Liberty again for February 2012, Eastern Caribbean, and I booked us (three this time) in a cabin on the 7th deck, midship. I liked our cabin location last time but I saved $50 by moving to the 7th deck this time, and it's also sandwiched between two floors of cabins, and is in a fabulous spot right in between the fun stuff on the top decks, and promenade etc. below.

Good luck with your decision!

Hi Viola swamp We also just booked the liberty for feb 2012. Which sailing are you on. We are on the 4th. There are 15 us of going. It will be my 50th Birthday!!

Archived