Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

The photo seems small (posting from the app), so here's a direct link to the blog: http://www.henkaa.com/blog/travel/travel-light-caribbean-cruise

(Found on Pinterest, of course!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chiffon overlay is a cute idea! I wouldn't do it cause I don't need any more padding lol but it looks like it will be very cute!

First:

LEXIpoo: Are you a model? If not, you should be! Clothes fit you so easily and you have a great fashion sense. Love that you are sharing photos:)!

Lol, no I am not a model. Just a regular ol' gal who loves fashion. Thanks for your compliment! :) I love sharing photos...it gives me an excuse to play dress up, lol

I have been shopping for our cruise this week (we're going in December) (I am a tshirts and jean person, so I figured I should have some nicer clothes) and I think I am heading in the right direction.

I got 3 nice shirts, a summer dress and a pair of sandals for $50 yesterday. I just want to get some pants, and a couple of pairs of capris, and a pair of flats. I already have dresses for the formal nights since I just got married on july 6th and have my reception dress and my rehearsal dinner dress.

1002461_10151460122766261_48258443_n.jpg

This is my rehearsal dinner dress.

969157_10151568699418049_1111860298_n.jpg

reception dress

994785_10152896771240725_1986872224_n.jpg

dress I got engaged in, then wore for engagement pictures.

1013095_10151428157386261_353677024_n.jpg

Summer dress I wore for my bachelorette. Yes, that's me eating street meat and getting a professional photo shoot of it...LOL

I will put together outfits for the cruise and post pics of that for some critiques :D

I have been shopping for our cruise this week (we're going in December) (I am a tshirts and jean person, so I figured I should have some nicer clothes) and I think I am heading in the right direction.

I got 3 nice shirts, a summer dress and a pair of sandals for $50 yesterday. I just want to get some pants, and a couple of pairs of capris, and a pair of flats. I already have dresses for the formal nights since I just got married on july 6th and have my reception dress and my rehearsal dinner dress.

1002461_10151460122766261_48258443_n.jpg

This is my rehearsal dinner dress.

969157_10151568699418049_1111860298_n.jpg

reception dress

994785_10152896771240725_1986872224_n.jpg

dress I got engaged in, then wore for engagement pictures.

1013095_10151428157386261_353677024_n.jpg

Summer dress I wore for my bachelorette. Yes, that's me eating street meat and getting a professional photo shoot of it...LOL

I will put together outfits for the cruise and post pics of that for some critiques :D

Love the ivory dress! GORGEOUS!

Glad you found us. We love to see pictures of great clothes and hear about good buys!

smcs28: Me too! LOVED your photos!! All dresses are perfect for formal nights. How cool to have that part of the Outfits Plan in order:).

Looking forward to more photos...

Today we are back at our "primary residence" to take care of chores...so a stop at Starbucks and the mall were in order. I tried on a dress, Capris and 2 tops...and 2 pairs of sandals. Bought zilch...until the jewelry counter sign said , "Buy One Get One". Two pairs of earrings called my name - they will be hoping to make the Next Cruise Outfits spreadsheet!

It isn't September yet so buying is still allowed...;)

It isn't September yet so buying is still allowed...;)

You are too funny!

I think I might have to join you with the "no buying" idea. My cruise closet is full. I got something out yesterday and had to struggle to get it back in!:eek: I don't really have that many clothes, it is a really small closet.

You are too funny!

I think I might have to join you with the "no buying" idea. My cruise closet is full. I got something out yesterday and had to struggle to get it back in!:eek: I don't really have that many clothes, it is a really small closet.

Sure it is. You keep telling yourself that. ;)

Found another cute dress for my upcoming trip. It was only $8.78 at Macy's. (Original price was $46)

[ATTACH]282981[/ATTACH][ATTACH]282982[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Perfect cruise dress at a perfect price! I do well at Macys too! I usually wait till the end of August, they have great sale racks.

LEXIpoo: I WANT that dress!!!! Since boopsahoy mentioned she likes end of August sales...I WILL visit Macy's before Sept 1:rolleyes:!:p...time is getting short...

Just read in Rachael Ray's magazine: In several large cities the Food Truck idea is being morphed into mobile boutiques. In Stillwater MN, an old newspaper truck is "The Fashion Mobile". A Fashion Truck in LA even has a small dressing room.

How cool to have the clothes and accessories come into your neighborhood!

Good morning everyone,

I found address that I fell in love with for our next cruise and I want to surprise my husband with it when I come out one night. Do you think it looks ok or do you think it looks a little on the sl***y side?

At 61 I sure don't need to be wearing dress that look sl***y.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-New-Arriva-Free-Shipping-Cheap-Sheath-Lace-Champagne-High-Pageant-Zuhair-Murad-Prom-Dresses-For/1019698364.html

I hope this link works.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all input.

Have a great day,

Gerry

Good morning everyone,

I found address that I fell in love with for our next cruise and I want to surprise my husband with it when I come out one night. Do you think it looks ok or do you think it looks a little on the sl***y side?

At 61 I sure don't need to be wearing dress that look sl***y.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-New-Arriva-Free-Shipping-Cheap-Sheath-Lace-Champagne-High-Pageant-Zuhair-Murad-Prom-Dresses-For/1019698364.html

I hope this link works.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all input.

Have a great day,

Gerry

Oh my goodness, I'm in love! :eek: I have to have that dress for my 26th birthday celebration!!

As for you, I say go for it! It is definitely a beautiful dress, far from sl***y. All of your lady parts are covered so I don't see the harm in it lol.

LEXIpoo: I WANT that dress!!!! Since boopsahoy mentioned she likes end of August sales...I WILL visit Macy's before Sept 1:rolleyes:!:p...time is getting short...

Just read in Rachael Ray's magazine: In several large cities the Food Truck idea is being morphed into mobile boutiques. In Stillwater MN, an old newspaper truck is "The Fashion Mobile". A Fashion Truck in LA even has a small dressing room.

How cool to have the clothes and accessories come into your neighborhood!

Lol, isn't it perfect??

You guys should check out retailmenot [dot] com. You can type in the store/website of your choice and it'll show you all the coupons available for that store.

Perfect cruise dress at a perfect price! I do well at Macys too! I usually wait till the end of August, they have great sale racks.

Their sale racks are great, indeed! And they had a one-day sale yesterday, so I got some really good pieces for myself, my sisters, and my mom. 5 tops, 3 dresses, and a romper for under $100.

I do not think it is slutty at all. Quite sexy as a matter of fact...and I agree...your husbands jaw will drop. My question is...are you in shape to wear it?:eek:

I think so--I am 5'7 and weigh 138. I do have a bit of a pooch from having kids but from the front you can't see it(only from the side). I have been doing water zumba most of the summer so I am more toned then before.

Gerry

Lexi.

You had much better luck than I did at Macy's. That dress is so cruise-y and what a buy!

I looked at a bathing suit but it was only reduced to $48 - not a good enough buy.

Thanks!

Did you scan it at the price check thing? Everything I picked up was about $5 - $10 cheaper when I scanned them.

I think so--I am 5'7 and weigh 138. I do have a bit of a pooch from having kids but from the front you can't see it(only from the side). I have been doing water zumba most of the summer so I am more toned then before.

Gerry

I think you'll be fine.

If not, there's always spanx! Lol

I'm pretty small, but I'm considering investing in a pair of spanx, just in case.