Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Must be nice.

Mine are pretty dark and thick as well and I have a unibrow lol... I use my pencil, and a little bit of concealer to shape them. I hate getting my eyebrows waxed, tweezed, etc. I can't take it.

I hate my eyebrows. When I was young my Mom told me-pluck them don't shave them as the hair will grow back bushier. Of course I didn't listen to her and shaved the stray hairs. She was wrong-now I have very very sparse eyebrows (they never grew back at all) and I hate how they look when I try to pencil them in. So I just live with them as is:o

Must be nice.

I hate getting my eyebrows waxed, tweezed, etc. I can't take it.

Last week when I got my hair cut two of the stylists were trying to convince me to have my brows waxed. I have very little tolerance to pain so I told them not without anesthesia!:eek:

Someone mentioned the Neon Party. Yes, it was that on the Breakaway in June, instead of a White Hot Party. I had only taken white things to wear for the White Hot Party. That was fine because many people were in white. However the neon clothes and accessories were really neat to look at. The party on the Breakaway was outside on the H2O deck, and they used a black light I think to enhance the neon effect. It really was pretty! The younger people seemed to be prepared for it and wore some crazy outfits, yet they looked good!

If you want to do the Neon thing, then just wear your white and put on a neon scarf, or necklace or something like that. You will not be out of place in just white though! Or take some glow bracelets or necklace. They passed some out at the party....as far as they would last.

I'm going on it October !! Can't wait. About the eyebrow powder, I have the same problem, my eyebrows are getting so thin, I now use Clinique. Comes in all colors. I'm pretty sure under $20.00 and last for months!!

Did everyone get to Macy's today?? 25% off almost everything, with a $5 dollar donation to the March of Dimes, you get a coupon! Awesome sale!!!!. I got 2 clutches, 1 Michael Kors tote , 2 cocktail dresses and 3 beach cover- ups. Have to show pictures sometime, but I'm not good at knowing how to put them on here yet. Thank's everyone, I so enjoy reading your threads. Indiana 71, you really make this fun!!

I had my eyebrows tattooed about 10 months ago. I am very happy with the result. I am blonde and my eyebrows are light brown and look very natural. It is wonderful not to have to worry about applying eyebrow pencil any longer.

Lynn - I have used the L'Oreal hair dye a lot - my only question would be if you could achieve the color you want. I find that this particular dye comes out darker than it shows on the box. My natural hair color is a very dark brown - actually just way too dark for my skin - I have a few gray hairs here and there, but not a lot. It does cover the gray nicely but I am having trouble getting the right color brown...even the medium brown comes out too dark for me (and the light brown turns reddish on me) - and it does tend to fade after a couple of weeks. So, I am going blonde on Tuesday - I switch back and forth between blonde and brown every year or so...I have finally found a hairdresser who listens to me and so far, she has done a great job - but this will be the first time with her changing me to blonde. Red is a funny color to achieve without ending up orange - my daughter is a natural red head and has always had beautiful hair - she is now 38 and needs a little help to keep it the right color - nothing we have found over the counter has worked correctly and she has realized that she is just going to have to pay a professional to achieve the color she wants....she just can't get it done as often as she would like, because it is so expensive to have it done. Good luck with your search...but remember, in my experience, the L'Oreal comes out a lot darker than I was expecting - no matter what color brown I choose.

Lynn - I have used the L'Oreal hair dye a lot - my only question would be if you could achieve the color you want. I find that this particular dye comes out darker than it shows on the box. My natural hair color is a very dark brown - actually just way too dark for my skin - I have a few gray hairs here and there, but not a lot. It does cover the gray nicely but I am having trouble getting the right color brown...even the medium brown comes out too dark for me (and the light brown turns reddish on me) - and it does tend to fade after a couple of weeks. So, I am going blonde on Tuesday - I switch back and forth between blonde and brown every year or so...I have finally found a hairdresser who listens to me and so far, she has done a great job - but this will be the first time with her changing me to blonde. Red is a funny color to achieve without ending up orange - my daughter is a natural red head and has always had beautiful hair - she is now 38 and needs a little help to keep it the right color - nothing we have found over the counter has worked correctly and she has realized that she is just going to have to pay a professional to achieve the color she wants....she just can't get it done as often as she would like, because it is so expensive to have it done. Good luck with your search...but remember, in my experience, the L'Oreal comes out a lot darker than I was expecting - no matter what color brown I choose.

That's my fear...orange hair :(

Red is such a tricky color. I hate spending so much having my hair colored professionally, but I may be stuck. It's tough because although I love the color, it fades quickly. Ideally my hair should be colored once a month, but I have it done every 5 to 6 weeks. That really adds up cost wise. I was so hoping for a less expensive alternative, but I don't want orange or dark hair :(

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

That's my fear...orange hair :(

Red is such a tricky color. I hate spending so much having my hair colored professionally, but I may be stuck. It's tough because although I love the color, it fades quickly. Ideally my hair should be colored once a month, but I have it done every 5 to 6 weeks. That really adds up cost wise. I was so hoping for a less expensive alternative, but I don't want orange or dark hair :(

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

When you buy a bottle of hair dye you are getting one color in that box. Lots of hairdressers will blend dye colors to get the color you like. The dye color will look different placed on different hair colors or dye hair colors. You might want to go to a supply store and see if they have the swatches of hair color. These swatches are pieces of colored hair, not pictures. If you color is fading there are fillers that can help that not to happen. And when you are trying a new hair color don't put it on your whole head. Just mix a cap full or two and try it on a piece of your hair.

Edited by geocruiser

Hi, Betty,

My eyebrow issue is for another day :). Right now I'm very, very interested to read about someone using L'Oreal Preference. My natural hair color was strawberry blonde, but that was many, many years ago. Age and gray have not helped my red color :)

Sooooooooooo, I'm getting tired of spending soooo much to have my hair colored professionally and have been thinking about L'Oreal. Do you like it? How does the color turn out? I really want strawberry blonde but NOT orange. Please, please give me your review of your color.

Thank you so much.

Lynn

If its any help I am 37 and my hair is mousey brown with a couple of greys poking through! I use either loreal or clairol in number 8, medium golden blonde I think it's called, comes out quite strawberry blonde. I then use red coloured shampoos like shaders and toners, not sure what the equivalent is in America to go a bit redder. Everyone comments on it, in a good way I think! Not sure my other half is keen, but hey ho! Those are the products I recommend. Loving this thread by the way, I am cruising in less than 2 weeks and have all my outfits planned, maybe just a wee bit more shopping! Haha...:D

This morning I stopped at the mall...and took advantage of the end-of-season sale at the BonTon (small town rendition of a "department store").

Came out with a pair of pinkish coral Capris and a 3/4 length sleeved shirt in a pink & coral print to match = $13.00!! Couldn't pass up that bargain;)!

Now that fall and (gasp!) winter coats are showing up on the racks, it will be (should be) easier to implement my Shopping Shutdown:rolleyes:.

DH & I are back and forth from the Lake House to the Big House, so it will be a couple weeks - but I WILL take photos of my recent purchases and post them. (High school and university football start soon so Lake House time will be dwindling.)

Cosmetics Update: I'm liking CoverGirl outlast stay brilliant nail polish. "My Papaya" will be perfect for cruising - and doesn't need a top coat - and has stayed nice w/ no chips for a week!

The shellac mani is the best, no question...but inconvenient to go to a salon for removal when I like to change color about once a week.

Clinique Quickliner eyeliner pencil is doing a good job, easy to apply, easy to see (behind my glasses) and long lasting. Also easy to remove with eye makeup remover.

I'm not finding a wonderful eyebrow pencil(?). One day I realized my eyebrows aren't as thick as they used to be. Like everything else - they need enhancing!

WalMart, etc. doesn't carry a variety of eyebrow enhancers...

QUESTION: What eyebrow product do you use?

I have very thin eyebrows & I use a product called Ditzy (can be found on Ditzycosmetics.com) It is a kit that includes brow powders(choice of colors) infused with fibers, a brush and pomade to set the color. I also use their brow stencils. This product does not run or rub off, but is easily removed with make up remover.

Thanks to all who had a suggestion RE eyebrow enhancement. Lots of useable ideas. I think the slanted brush and eye shadow powder will be my first choice...maybe the Clinique...

A friend had her eyebrows (and eyeliner!) tattooed. She LOVES it and the look is natural. In my small town, the tattoo shops are frequented by college students, not middle-aged CCFs though....:eek:

I used L'Oreal Preference for several years but find it to be worth the $$ to have coloring done professionally. I always seemed to miss a couple spots...

Thanks to all who had a suggestion RE eyebrow enhancement. Lots of useable ideas. I think the slanted brush and eye shadow powder will be my first choice...maybe the Clinique...

A friend had her eyebrows (and eyeliner!) tattooed. She LOVES it and the look is natural. In my small town, the tattoo shops are frequented by college students, not middle-aged CCFs though....:eek:

I used L'Oreal Preference for several years but find it to be worth the $$ to have coloring done professionally. I always seemed to miss a couple spots...

I'm thinking the same thing. For now at least I'm going to continue having my hair colored professionally.

LynnAB, my daughter usually dyes mine for me at home, so I don't think I have any missed spots. My hair is also very very thick and I can go 6-7 weeks between colors. I mostly have the grey peeking through at my side burns and up the sides of my forehead toward my hairline, few in the back, but none on top (I'm 56). As I aged, my reddish brown hair turned dark brown to the point people were saying I had Black hair, which I didn't think went with my skin tones, etc. I paid a donation to CJW (here on another thread) and he picked out the colors he recommended and gave me the numbers as well as the color names. I use shampoo and conditioner from bedhead that is for red-dyed hair, and that helps to keep the color from washing out as well. I will probably have to go back to having it dyed professionally when my daughter moves back to Washington state sometime after the end of December. :(

Well, my husband and I just booked a 3 day getaway on Majesty of the Seas for November.

I can honestly say I don't plan on buying any new clothes for this cruise. that is easy enough to do, because I can use things I bought for our May of 2014 cruise, lol.

Seriously though, if I come across some good deals on tops or shorts, I may grab a few. That is because my summer wardrobe could use more in general.

I'm looking forward to this cruise. It should be fun and some simple packing. I always plan out the whole wardrobe, and this will be no different.

laurspag: Good for you!! A couple days of cruising in November sounds heavenly:cool:. The end of Last of the Season sales is almost here - you can always use a few more summer clothes...

Where does Majesty leave from? Three nights can fit into almost anyone's schedule...

Hello Ladies....and maybe some men;) I have been lurking here for quite a while.The information you provide is priceless!

Hubby & I just booked our first Princess Cruise over Thanksgiving. We have never cruised this late into the season so not to sure how the weather will be or how to pack for this adventure!

Any help would be appreciated!

Pat....from the Great State of TEXAS! :D

Hello Ladies....and maybe some men;) I have been lurking here for quite a while.The information you provide is priceless!

Hubby & I just booked our first Princess Cruise over Thanksgiving. We have never cruised this late into the season so not to sure how the weather will be or how to pack for this adventure!

Any help would be appreciated!

Pat....from the Great State of TEXAS! :D

Pat,

Where is the cruise leaving from and going too?

Ollie WA: Welcome! Thank you for the nice comment:). Keep us posted as you plan outfits.

Cruising in late November will be warm enough for summer clothes. Temps probably in the 80s:cool:.

We are cruising in December and February. Since leaving from the east coast, temps certainly won't be good for short sleeves...or short anything! BUT - you are leaving from Galveston and you should be very comfortable in summer attire.

Only two more days left in August...and shopping isn't going to happen...at least not in brick & mortar stores...

I'm feeling good about my resolve of No New Clothes for the Next Cruise:).

Edited by indiana71

If you don't go in any stores and only use the internet to visit CC, it should be a piece of cake! I wonder if there is a 12-step program for cruise clothesaholics.:D

Ollie WA: Welcome! Thank you for the nice comment:). Keep us posted as you plan outfits.

Cruising in late November will be warm enough for summer clothes. Temps probably in the 80s:cool:.

We are cruising in December and February. Since leaving from the east coast, temps certainly won't be good for short sleeves...or short anything! BUT - you are leaving from Galveston and you should be very comfortable in summer attire.

Only two more days left in August...and shopping isn't going to happen...at least not in brick & mortar stores...

I cruise every January out of NY and honestly I only where winter clothes- Jeans and long sleeves, the day we embark and the day we disembark. I wear capris on the sea days and a short sleeve top with a cardigan and I've never been cold. I of course don't hang around outside the first night but usually the first sea day its already getting warmer. Still need a sweater though!. For me the cruise is all about no winter for 9 days:D

I haven't posted here in quite a while, I have been dealing with some health issues.

owever, we have just done something we have never done before, booked a last minute cruise, we sail on Sunday LOL! Alaska.

So, instead of the usual planning that goes into my cruise clothes, I will have to get everything done tomorrow and Saturday, including hair and mani/pedi

We did cruise Alaska last year so I do have a good idea of what I want to take and I do have the layers, however, health issues have meant I put on a few pounds and some things are fitting as they should.

Watch this space;)

I haven't posted here in quite a while, I have been dealing with some health issues.

owever, we have just done something we have never done before, booked a last minute cruise, we sail on Sunday LOL! Alaska.

So, instead of the usual planning that goes into my cruise clothes, I will have to get everything done tomorrow and Saturday, including hair and mani/pedi

We did cruise Alaska last year so I do have a good idea of what I want to take and I do have the layers, however, health issues have meant I put on a few pounds and some things are fitting as they should.

Watch this space;)

How exciting to have a cruise coming up so quickly. When you return you will need to tell us what the process was like (now that I am retired I can take last minute cruises). Glad you are now healthy enough to travel. Have a great time!

Watch this space;)

That sounds wonderful! How last minute did you book? I want to do an Alaska cruise (and a Hawaii one) one day, but from NJ it is expensive and needs to be planned accordingly. With flights, hotels, etc. to be considered, I have to do it way ahead of time! Is your cruise leaving from Seattle? I hope you are doing much better, and regardless of what you wear, I am sure you will have a great time!

Very last minute - we booked yesterday evening and we sail on Sunday. Yes it leaves from Seattle so no flight involved.

New cruise line for us too, we have only ever sailed RCI and this time it is Holland America.

Still having health issues, but for now at least done with all the tests/visits/scans etc.

Jsim2011: First, YIKES:eek: that you only have days...hours to put together outfits and pack...

And then, YAY:) that you are able to book a last minute cruise!

You must post when you return to tell us how you did it all!

I'm pleased to hear that health issues won't keep you from having a wonderful time!