Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

My next cruise only has two Caribbean ports but we will be spending some time in the South Pacific, so when I saw this jacket on sale today I couldn't pass it up. I tried to talk myself out of it but... It has all of my favorite colors in it. It goes with 4 pairs of slacks/capris I'm taking and I could probably get away with wearing it over my LBD.

9266732406_59463fcae9_n.jpg

I really love this jacket -- I am interested to know how you intend to wear it -- it appears to me that it might be kind of warm to wear in the Caribbean/South Pacific? Perhaps it is great for inside the air-conditioned ship? Or will you be sailing in the cooler weather? I am not challenging you or trying to pry, so I hope you don't mind my question -- just curious.

I really love this jacket -- I am interested to know how you intend to wear it -- it appears to me that it might be kind of warm to wear in the Caribbean/South Pacific? Perhaps it is great for inside the air-conditioned ship? Or will you be sailing in the cooler weather? I am not challenging you or trying to pry, so I hope you don't mind my question -- just curious.

During the day it will be for inside even though it is very lightweight (I get warm easily). We will have some cooler ports so I may be able to wear it then. I haven't tried it on yet with my LBD (which is a simple straight shape) but I think it would work for informal nights.

During the day it will be for inside even though it is very lightweight (I get warm easily). We will have some cooler ports so I may be able to wear it then. I haven't tried it on yet with my LBD (which is a simple straight shape) but I think it would work for informal nights.

Just out of curiosity....how many pieces of luggage will you bring for the cruise? Soooooooooo jealous, by the way. :o

Just out of curiosity....how many pieces of luggage will you bring for the cruise? Soooooooooo jealous, by the way. :o

I'm hoping to be able to make it with three large (28") bags and my carryon. I'm pretty sure the clothes will fit, it's the weight I am worried about. I am going to weigh my clothes (when I finally stop shopping:D) and see if I have to up it to four bags. I am also taking one expandable bag with no shaping (packs pretty flat) for the stuff I am bound to acquire.:eek:

118 days.......even if I was retired, not sure I would be able to afford

that long of a cruise......but I can dream:D:);).....

You have a big fan club now!!!! We ALL want to go with you!

118 days.......even if I was retired, not sure I would be able to afford

that long of a cruise......but I can dream:D:);).....

You have a big fan club now!!!! We ALL want to go with you!

I wish you all could - we could talk cruise fashion around the world!

I decided in 1996 (on a cruise) that I wanted to cruise around the world when I retired. As soon as I got home I started a special account to save for it. I blew the budget sailing solo and wanting a balcony but who knows what the future holds. If I only get to go once, I want to make the most of it!

I'm sure it will be lovely!

I wish you all could - we could talk cruise fashion around the world!

I decided in 1996 (on a cruise) that I wanted to cruise around the world when I retired. As soon as I got home I started a special account to save for it. I blew the budget sailing solo and wanting a balcony but who knows what the future holds. If I only get to go once, I want to make the most of it!

This is wonderful. I am very happy that you will live your dream. My mom would make believe that she smoked a couple of packs a week (back in the 1950's & 60's). She would put that money away for vacations or to but something. That how we got a vacation when I was a kid!

Having a dream come true to travel is a wonderf gift. I hope to see lots of your pictures that you take in far away lands.

Edited by geocruiser

Scrapnana: I, too, thought perhaps the 37 formal nights was a typo...until further reading that you will be on a Cunard World Cruise! Add me to your fan club!! What a truly wonderful retirement goal you had - and more importantly - achieved!!:)

Will you be posting during those 118 days? CCFs would be very interested in reading about your adventure and especially the logistics of Outfit Planning and Maintenance...will you need winter clothes as well as fun summer clothes...what are other women wearing, etc.

Scrapnana: I, too, thought perhaps the 37 formal nights was a typo...until further reading that you will be on a Cunard World Cruise! Add me to your fan club!! What a truly wonderful retirement goal you had - and more importantly - achieved!!:)

Will you be posting during those 118 days? CCFs would be very interested in reading about your adventure and especially the logistics of Outfit Planning and Maintenance...will you need winter clothes as well as fun summer clothes...what are other women wearing, etc.

I am writing a blog about my voyage. It is my first ever blog and so far I have not been able to customize it the way I want to. When I read other cruise blogs I'll see something they have done that I like but can't figure out how they did it. I wish there was a question and answer section on blogspot like on CC to answer all my blog questions.:D I am not a creative writer (I have read some very funny reviews and "Live" reports on CC) but plan to use a number of pictures to try and liven it up. Maggiemou and I will be on the same cruise so I will definitely be seeing some great fashions. Maybe I will start a "World Cruise Fashion" thread on here!

Scrapnana: A "World Cruise Fashion" thread would be very popular among CCFs, entertaining and enlightening.

All CCFs in favor say "Aye!"

I've seen lots of Live Posts and wonder how the cruiser finds time to sit at his/her computer...BUT following along is so much fun and more and more electronic devices are being used. Gotta love all this technology:)!

Just got an email from Zappos - big sale on sandals...maybe something will be perfect for The Next Cruise...

BTW - I have a sample size of Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus. None of these "look younger" products have ever lived up to the hype. This one does! Honestly, those nasty parentheses around my mouth have gotten a little less noticeable:). I keep looking in the mirror to see if it's just my imagination...This product is expensive (around $80!) but it's been 2 weeks and there ARE results. Maybe the investment is worth it...I'll decide soon...

QUESTION: Do you have a product that really has makes a difference?

Edited by indiana71

I found a couple of good products by doing some research on makeupalley.com - lots of 'reviews' and information on what to look for.

Of course we are all going to age - I believe the trick is to 'slow' it down as much as possible and use products to keep skin looking as good as possible while taking care of certain issues that happen as we age! (gravity is NOT our friend LOL) :)

Currently using as day moisturizer neutrogena healthy skin anti wrinkle cream (with retinol A) SPF 15...and nightime is olay regenerist night resurfacing elixir - both excellent products. (also use an eye cream in the evening)....

Happy with these products so far but always interested in hearing about other products that work well - most people at this point would not be able to guess my age correctly and I am hoping to keep it that way for a while!!! :D:D

Edited by Froufie

I just finished the Insanity workout yesterday and I wanted to get myself a little treat for the cruise. I looked in a bunch of stores and Kmart had this cute dress on sale. So I bought it! The color is Persian Jewel.

http://www.kmart.com/attention-women-s-belted-dress-striped/p-027VA54859812P?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

Sandals too! In white.

http://www.kmart.com/route-66-women-s-sandal-medea-coral/p-035VA53408812P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

Froufie: Thank you for sharing the website for makeup reviews. I'm going there as soon as the "Submit Reply" button is clicked!

jenny105: Cute dress! Looks like you can wear it in cooler weather too, with tights and a cardi:).

I just finished the Insanity workout yesterday and I wanted to get myself a little treat for the cruise. I looked in a bunch of stores and Kmart had this cute dress on sale. So I bought it! The color is Persian Jewel.

http://www.kmart.com/attention-women-s-belted-dress-striped/p-027VA54859812P?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

Sandals too! In white.

http://www.kmart.com/route-66-women-s-sandal-medea-coral/p-035VA53408812P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

Very cute. And a bargain too.:D

BTW - I have a sample size of Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus. None of these "look younger" products have ever lived up to the hype. This one does! Honestly, those nasty parentheses around my mouth have gotten a little less noticeable:). I keep looking in the mirror to see if it's just my imagination...This product is expensive (around $80!) but it's been 2 weeks and there ARE results. Maybe the investment is worth it...I'll decide soon...

QUESTION: Do you have a product that really has makes a difference?

Clinique Repairwear L.F. seems to be a whole line of make-up products -- foundation, moisturizer, etc, etc. Which product(s) specifically are you finding work for you? (My quick Google search suggested that none of the individual items seem to cost anywhere near $80, so I am guessing you are using several...)

SeagoingMom: I'm using a sample size of Repairwear Laser Focus wrinkle & UV damage corrector. The bottle says 2 week supply, but since it's only going on my "parentheses", it's lasting much longer (applying it morning and night before moisturizer).

The Clinique website lists the prices: 30 ml - $47.50 and 50 ml - $73.00. I was thinking about the larger size ($1.46 VS $1.58 per ml)...but since I don't use much, the larger size might lose some potency before it's finished...

It's been 3 weeks and so far, doing what it promises:). I'll decide before my sample is finished.

Edited by indiana71

SeagoingMom: I'm using a sample size of Repairwear Laser Focus wrinkle & UV damage corrector. The bottle says 2 week supply, but since it's only going on my "parentheses", it's lasting much longer (applying it morning and night before moisturizer).

The Clinique website lists the prices: 30 ml - $47.50 and 50 ml - $73.00. I was thinking about the larger size ($1.46 VS $1.58 per ml)...but since I don't use much, the larger size might lose some potency before it's finished...

It's been 3 weeks and so far, doing what it promises:). I'll decide before my sample is finished.

Thanks, sounds great -- maybe I'll look into that!-- although my "parentheses" are the least of my worries, any little bit helps. :o

Thanks indiana. I went to Macy's today and got a two week trial bottle. Will give it a try.

I came to a realization today.

I am just hanging around the house, doing nothing but research for my next cruise more than a year away.

What I discovered is that I love clothes. I also dress for myself. I hope others think I look good in my choices. But I really choose what I wear

based on my mood of the day. Sometimes I pick bright colors, like today I am wearing a bright orange t-shirt. Other days I am more subdued and will pick black or white.

I just thought I would share. I think why we choose what we do is what makes a "fashionista".:D:D

I agree, luvscruising2007, dressing for ourselves is very satisfying...and hoping others think we look good in our choices is a nice bonus.

As CCFs, we like to think that we have a good fashion sense. I'm always pleased when someone gives me a compliment. :)

...BUT the last 3 days I've been sitting at my desk sorting Family Cruise photos, transcribing notes from my Cruise Journal and putting all of that in a scrapbook (actually a 3-inch ring binder with pages back to back in sheet protectors)...and wearing an old pair of Susan Bristol elastic-waist red and white plaid shorts and a yellow polo shirt:eek:.

No makeup except for the Clinique Repairwear and moisturizer each day!

And I can tell you that the scrapbook is complete with 396 photos and a daily accounting of events and food (we take photos of our dinner each evening).

Tomorrow is a hair trim and color appointment and, believe me, I'm looking forward to makeup and wearing an appropriate Going-to-Starbucks-and-Hair-Salon outfit:)