Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Indiana...glad you had a great family cruise. We did the same a few years ago with son, daughter, spouses and 2 young granddaughters. There are certainly special memories from that cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh my - I remember wearing those in high school (and I'm no spring chicken) - long sleeved with a color - all the girls had at least a couple :)

Do you mean the popcorn shirts? I never saw them until about seven years ago.

Leaving in 13 days for an extended trip which includes land travel in the US and Europe and cruise travel to Norway/Ireland /Scotland

We will be hitting hot midwestern temps (Iowa and Minnesota) and cooler and rainier weather on the cruise and in Europe.

Have the challenge of packing for myself and 3 kids ! And will be shopping at Mall of America.

Am so freaking out about luggage for family of 5 across 3 continents . Trying to be a lighter packer for the 1st time in my life... But so many temps ! Arghh

I like these capsules...207055096_ImageUploadedByTapatalk21372040518.838499.jpg.3aaa6ab2bb8e40e722ac80e94d47bd60.jpg

Would love words of wisdom or ideas! Am starting to worry!

Thanks!

948264864_ImageUploadedByTapatalk21372040495.367114.jpg.dd74f50e1fceb9ef3818dc9225ffc313.jpg

Do you mean the popcorn shirts? I never saw them until about seven years ago.

Yes - I remember them well - wow - can't believe they have resurfaced...this would be in the 70s when we wore them - I bet if I ever dig out some photo albums I would find pics of me wearing one! :)

Yes - I remember them well - wow - can't believe they have resurfaced...this would be in the 70s when we wore them - I bet if I ever dig out some photo albums I would find pics of me wearing one! :)

WOW! I remember a tight stretch blouse that we wore in NYC in the late 60s, but it looked nothing like the popcorn ones. Fashion can be different from one city/country to another.

Leaving in 13 days for an extended trip which includes land travel in the US and Europe and cruise travel to Norway/Ireland /Scotland

We will be hitting hot midwestern temps (Iowa and Minnesota) and cooler and rainier weather on the cruise and in Europe.

Have the challenge of packing for myself and 3 kids ! And will be shopping at Mall of America.

Am so freaking out about luggage for family of 5 across 3 continents . Trying to be a lighter packer for the 1st time in my life... But so many temps ! Arghh

I like these capsules...[ATTACH]276602[/ATTACH][ATTACH]276603[/ATTACH]

Thanks!

We're in the same boat (boat) brazil girl. Packing for 3 kids makes it all the more challenging. Have a great trip and let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll have some tips for my October Easter Med/TA B2B.

Eddie's Girl...

Packing for such a big family on such a long trip is a challenge. I am really excited about the trip though!

This week I will focus on packing... Will give you any tips I find. I know layering will be key.

Any input would be helpful , am a bit over whelmed , lol!!!

I like these capsules...[ATTACH]276602[/ATTACH][ATTACH]276603[/ATTACH]

Thanks!

We went to Argentina and went back and forth from cool to warm temps. Taking laundry sheets was a must. But here goes, take a light weight jacket is a must, if it can be rain proof the better. Take a pair of black slacks(Walmart actually has stretch knit in two styles, skinny and boot, they pack really well and don't wrinkle much, can be dressy or casual, i like skinny)black capris and shorts. 1 pair of jeans, one long sleeve t, v-neck can be dressed up better with jewelry and scarf. A long dress that won't wrinkle, take Lycra pants to wear under in cooler weather. Buy a $10 scarf on ship to match! North face wool socks, summer weight, don't have to be washed for 7 days!!! And they're great!!

Always take your favorite outfit, or go to outfit!! Mix and match as you have space for. Good water shoes that double as tennis shoes. (Again North Face, lands end etc ) a sweater or two. And fun!!! What a great trip u have planned!!

Oh excellent tips , thanks so much!!

I have purchased waterproof coats for everyone , am really expecting to need them in Nirway and Ireland .

I am stuck on footwear and was thinking of buying Wellie type rain boots as I know they are quite popular in the UK. Good or bad idea? We won't be hiking a great deal , we have private tours to castles and little towns arranged. We will of course be walking quite a bit ( but not up mountains etc)

I love Argentina ... We did an Antarctica cruise around the horn , amazing !! Not so easy to pack for , but this trip is more complex!

Oh excellent tips , thanks so much!!

I have purchased waterproof coats for everyone , am really expecting to need them in Nirway and Ireland .

I am stuck on footwear and was thinking of buying Wellie type rain boots as I know they are quite popular in the UK. Good or bad idea? We won't be hiking a great deal , we have private tours to castles and little towns arranged. We will of course be walking quite a bit ( but not up mountains etc)

I love Argentina ... We did an Antarctica cruise around the horn , amazing !! Not so easy to pack for , but this trip is more complex!

I wouldn't bother with the Wellies. Yes, you will likely see some rain but you won't be out tramping through fields. I have spent part of 13 summers in the UK/northern Europe and never had the need for boots. In fact, most times when it rains it passes quickly. Use that space for something else. Have a great cruise!

Edited by Scrapnana

I wouldn't bother with the Wellies. Yes, you will likely see some rain but you won't be out tramping through fields. I have spent part of 13 summers in the UK/northern Europe and never had the need for boots. In fact, most times when it rains it passes quickly. Use that space for something else. Have a great cruise!

Good to know! One less things to buy!

LEXIpoo: The $90 dress is perfect for cruising! It could easily be the First Day Outfit - worn with skinny pants...or maybe layered over a knit top...or worn by itself. Think about how versatile the dress can be:cool:.

I hope to upload photos this evening and post tomorrow.

Our Next Cruise is more than 150 days away. IMHO, there should be no more than 100 days between cruises;).

These are the "water" type shoes I meant. Perfect for Cruise where beach activities are done, and more active things like hiking(mild) zip lining (my favorite)ImageUploadedByForums1372173762.487525.jpg.64587894f5bba178657b4d0021b07a46.jpg

Light weight and u can walk through water in them. Lots of brands and colors to choose from. Kids too!

A perfect cruise dress for many reasons. No wrinkles! Sparkle, simple tank underneath. And good to go. [ATTACH]276743[/ATTACH][ATTACH]276744[/ATTACH][ATTACH]276745[/ATTACH]

Me and BFF at second elegant night.

sunnydaygirl: That style of water shoe is very popular. DH and both sons wore them. So did 1 grandson. Lots of women had them on, too.

The LBD that sparkles AND doesn't wrinkle should be in every CCFs suitcase:):cool:!

I had one outfit that didn't get worn. But - we hadn't decided when to wear our matching Family Cruise tops; and we wore them to dinner when photographers were available. That meant my Talbot's yellow & white skirt will have to wait till the Next Cruise.

Here's a Go To outfit for daytime. I like that everything coordinates: white Coldwater Creek Capris, Talbot's top, Naot sandals and Dooney & B Crossbody. The necklace is vintage - white and silver.

232323232%7Ffp%3B82%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36326%3B3992335nu0mrj

I'm in the center of this photo...Don't know if this dress is all that flattering...I love the one shoulder look and the easy-care knit. The dress has a drawstring belt that apparently didn't get cinched.

This is one of those outfits that IMHO looked better in the Cruise Room mirror. I'll wear it again - but as a cover-up...BTW - it's knee-length.

Opinions please!

232323232%7Ffp%3B99%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36326%3B39%3A6335nu0mrj

Indiana, I definitely like the go to outfit!

And I think the one shoulder dress is cute. Can't really see how it looks on you as it's cut off by some things in the foreground. But I wouldn't say it's bad at all.