Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I am a planner and would love some sort of spreadsheet for packing and/or daily outfits. I did a search and saw alot of references to spreadsheets, but didn't see any actual spreadsheets that i could use.

Is there anyone willing to share what they use? I have word and excel - just don't know how to design the spreadsheets!

And I love the idea of the accessories in baggies with labels - it sure beats rummaging around in your suitcase or drawer looking for a certain piece.

Everytime I say that I'm NEVER going to overpack again, I end up....you guessed it! overpacking... I am determined to try to do better because I always end up only wearing 1/4 to 1/2 of what I packed. Hopefully I'm not the only one doing that!

So, I would love a blank spreadsheet that I can use or if anyone can point me to a link for an online one.

Thanks,

Debbie

I am a planner and would love some sort of spreadsheet for packing and/or daily outfits. I did a search and saw alot of references to spreadsheets, but didn't see any actual spreadsheets that i could use.

Is there anyone willing to share what they use? I have word and excel - just don't know how to design the spreadsheets!

And I love the idea of the accessories in baggies with labels - it sure beats rummaging around in your suitcase or drawer looking for a certain piece.

Everytime I say that I'm NEVER going to overpack again, I end up....you guessed it! overpacking... I am determined to try to do better because I always end up only wearing 1/4 to 1/2 of what I packed. Hopefully I'm not the only one doing that!

So, I would love a blank spreadsheet that I can use or if anyone can point me to a link for an online one.

Thanks,

Debbie

I have 2 set up as a starting point - 1 Caribbean/Beach & 1 Europe. I use Polyvore to put my outfits together so I can see how to reuse items for more than one use. Other people just take photos and copy into Excel. It is really just up to you on how you want to do your outfit planning.

CRUISE PACKING LIST - EUROPE 2.xls

CRUISE PACKING LIST - BEACH.xls

This isn't the photo I was looking for (thought there was one showing the makeup bag...) but you can see the baggies and how they're labeled.

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3565%3B54%3A%3B2335nu0mrj

After more searching, I Found It! You can see the makeup bag and the stretchy bracelets on the toilet tissue core. Each outfit is labeled. My spreadsheet is out for reference. As each item is packed, it's checked off.

232323232%7Ffp%3B87%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D358974%3A679335nu0mrj

WOW! This is great. What a wonderful use of toilet tissue core. Thanks so much. I am going to try this out on our Sept. cruise.

Blonde1981,

Thanks for the excel packing list - it is great! I just went on my smart phone and found an app called Stylish Girl. It is free and it is so cool. I just take a pic with my cell when I'm in the app, it saves and I pick a few details (and I can even use my voice to text to "say" what the designer is,etc. which makes it so super easy"

Then I click my wardrobe and it has tops along the top, pants underneath, shoes, under that and then accessories. You can flick back and forth and make outfits and then save the outfits into favorites.

I'm still trying to figure it out but it is so easy. In about an hour I took about fifty pics and already have them in the app, ready to mix and match.

Everyone is probably already using this or something similar, but I just found it!

Debbie

Indiana, just love your Explorer of the Seas clothes planner with the clip art inserts. I have something similar for our daily schedule list for our cruise which we attach to the cabin wall.

Sandy in Spain

Blonde1981,

Thanks for the excel packing list - it is great! I just went on my smart phone and found an app called Stylish Girl. It is free and it is so cool. I just take a pic with my cell when I'm in the app, it saves and I pick a few details (and I can even use my voice to text to "say" what the designer is,etc. which makes it so super easy"

Then I click my wardrobe and it has tops along the top, pants underneath, shoes, under that and then accessories. You can flick back and forth and make outfits and then save the outfits into favorites.

I'm still trying to figure it out but it is so easy. In about an hour I took about fifty pics and already have them in the app, ready to mix and match.

Everyone is probably already using this or something similar, but I just found it!

Debbie

I've never heard of that app! I might have to look into it for the items in my closet where I don't have a photo saved from online.

blonde1981 and Debinnova: Oh my! All that talk about apps is far out of my techno zone:eek:. (I don't even have a data plan on my phone...just started texting this year...). BUT progress is a good thing and it sounds like Stylish Girl is very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

My spreadsheet is really a table in Word where specific items, i.e., Red Sundress - TJ Maxx, are listed first and accessories are included in the same cell.

It doesn't matter how any of us set up a spreadsheet. The whole idea is to plan ahead and keep a list that works for each CCF - but I do admire how easy your new-found app sounds.:).

My suitcase is closed and ready to be placed in the car later today and the spreadsheet is on top. Each morning (and every time I have an outfit change), a simple referral has me on my way in minutes.

The Family Cruise is one we have been anticipating for over a year...and it's almost here:cool:. I won't be posting until we return. Keep the thread going and I'll be back - probably Sunday 6/23 or Monday 6/24:cool::).

Edited by indiana71

I have 2 set up as a starting point - 1 Caribbean/Beach & 1 Europe. I use Polyvore to put my outfits together so I can see how to reuse items for more than one use. Other people just take photos and copy into Excel. It is really just up to you on how you want to do your outfit planning.

This is great. I use polyvore and/or shopstyle to put together my outfits as well. I sometimes will also take pics with my ipad while I am trying them on so that is another point of reference. I thought I was the only one that did this stuff. HAHA.. I am glad to know I am not as "crazy" as my husband thinks I am when packing and planning outfits.

Taima

Hello,

How many outfits does everyone normally pack per day. I am doing a Euro Cruise in a couple of weeks and was planning on doing 3 outfits a day but when I calculate for 13 days that is 39 outfits (eeeekk). I tend to plan every single outfits weeks if not months in advance and will try to remix certain pieces. Curious to know what everyone else does.

-Taima:confused:

I usually plan for 2 outfits per day - daytime and nightime - but it really does depend on your schedule, ports and your excursion plans. For example in the caribbean most of my port excursions are 'water based' so easy to plan for (bathing suit, cover up, etc). In Europe however it would be different - based on weather, length and type of tour.....

And of course I 'rewear' clothing so no need to bring so many 'outfits' - e.g. I have a pair of black capris that I would pair with different tops for daytime...also white capris....and black pants and leggings.....just make sure all tops work. I also do the same for evening....making things work in different combinations (especially with shoes so I don't have to bring too many).

I find the best thing to do is create a spreadsheet or table - with days along the top indicating port or sea day.....then 2 rows below - one for daytime for that particular day and one for nightime - then start filling in the blanks - and try to mix and match as you go!

Good luck and I agree that 39 outfits does sound overwhelming (and even with my method I do end up reaching my 50 lb max in no time!) :)

I think I might end up doing a combination of 2-3 per day. Hopefully that will lessen the amount of stuff I am packing. Now the next question is how many pairs of shoes are too many. I think I am up to about 7 which is what I would usually pack for a long weekend. (I know I have a problem).

-Taima

Oh dear! 7 pairs of shoes is a lot! For my Baltics trip, I am packing 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of tennis shoes for the gym, and then a black heel to wear for dinner.

As far as clothing goes 1 outfit for the day, 1 dress for dinner (will also be used for other days outfits), and then a pair of jeans and a couple of tops to rotate for the night time. I really want to pack light this time around.

This is great. I use polyvore and/or shopstyle to put together my outfits as well. I sometimes will also take pics with my ipad while I am trying them on so that is another point of reference. I thought I was the only one that did this stuff. HAHA.. I am glad to know I am not as "crazy" as my husband thinks I am when packing and planning outfits.

Taima

The excel spread sheet with the polyvore sets made packing for vacation next week so easy! It was so nice to have everything figured out rather than trying to put outfits together on my bed while I was packing.

blonde1981 and Debinnova: Oh my! All that talk about apps is far out of my techno zone:eek:. (I don't even have a data plan on my phone...just started texting this year...). BUT progress is a good thing and it sounds like Stylish Girl is very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

My spreadsheet is really a table in Word where specific items, i.e., Red Sundress - TJ Maxx, are listed first and accessories are included in the same cell.

It doesn't matter how any of us set up a spreadsheet. The whole idea is to plan ahead and keep a list that works for each CCF - but I do admire how easy your new-found app sounds.:).

My suitcase is closed and ready to be placed in the car later today and the spreadsheet is on top. Each morning (and every time I have an outfit change), a simple referral has me on my way in minutes.

The Family Cruise is one we have been anticipating for over a year...and it's almost here:cool:. I won't be posting until we return. Keep the thread going and I'll be back - probably Sunday 6/23 or Monday 6/24:cool::).

Have a wonderful cruise and a great time with your family.

Nancy, Hope you have a wonderful cruise. I am sorry I haven't been on lately. Hope Bermuda was fun! We followed you to Bahamas, but unfortunately I didn't wear all my fun outfits. One outfit I was glad to have close was my life vest when that FIRE alarm was called!!! So scary! We did book Dec. on the Grandeur since RCL was so good us all!

Planning starts again:)

Well, after weeks of reading 127 pages of this thread I am totally hooked. You all have been so educational. Maybe this isn't the right thread but I need some advice. I won't be a CCF but a European CF in October/November. We booked last December and I have been planning my wardrobe ever since. We will cruise the Eastern Mediterranean and return home on a TA. It will be 27 days of all different temps. At least I know the last few days In St Kitts and St Maarten will be warm but the rest will probably be fall-like. But how do I pack for both fall-like temps and tropical temps. I'm good on evening clothes but what about daytime? Any help out there?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well' date=' after weeks of reading 127 pages of this thread I am totally hooked. You all have been so educational. Maybe this isn't the right thread but I need some advice. I won't be a CCF but a European CF in October/November. We booked last December and I have been planning my wardrobe ever since. We will cruise the Eastern Mediterranean and return home on a TA. It will be 27 days of all different temps. At least I know the last few days In St Kitts and St Maarten will be warm but the rest will probably be fall-like. But how do I pack for both fall-like temps and tropical temps. I'm good on evening clothes but what about daytime? Any help out there?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote']

Welcome. I would start by looking at a weather site for the average temperatures for the cities that you will visit. Once you know what the weather might be like, it may be easier to plan your trip. We spent a month in Italy ( an hour outside of Rome) and the weather was nice. We did not need any outter wear.

Edited by geocruiser

Welcome. I would start by looking at a weather site for the average temperatures for the cities that you will visit. Once you know what the weather might be like, it may be easier to plan your trip. We spent a month in Italy ( an hour outside of Rome) and the weather was nice. We did not need any outter wear.

We leave the middle of Oct and return the middle of November. Have checked the weather sites and I know pretty much what to expect. I just need to know how to mix and match it all. And of course we have the weight restrictions. All our other cruises have not given me this much trouble. I love great clothes and want to look my best but don't rally know how to do it on this trip.

We leave the middle of Oct and return the middle of November. Have checked the weather sites and I know pretty much what to expect. I just need to know how to mix and match it all. And of course we have the weight restrictions. All our other cruises have not given me this much trouble. I love great clothes and want to look my best but don't rally know how to do it on this trip.

I have only been to Italy, and in the town that I was staying in, most of the people were wearing black. In Rome people were dressed better.

I would bring some dark colored pants and a pair of jean for the day with a nice top to go with them. I can only speak about us being in Rome, when there watch your wallet. Twice they tried to get my husbands wallet. They never got it. All they got was hit on their hand by me!

PS, A friend of our daughter in law comes from Italy. I have seen her in church and both times she was wearing a long skirt (solid black and solid grey) with a solid colored top with a thick belt. We also have family in Italy and I don't every remember seeing them dressed up. But their jeans were high end.

There aare alot of people here on this thread and I am sure tht they will add a lot of info for your here.

Edited by geocruiser

I have only been to Italy, and in the town that I was staying in, most of the people were wearing black. In Rome people were dressed better.

I would bring some dark colored pants and a pair of jean for the day with a nice top to go with them. I can only speak about us being in Rome, when there watch your wallet. Twice they tried to get my husbands wallet. They never got it. All they got was hit on their hand by me!

PS, A friend of our daughter in law comes from Italy. I have seen her in church and both times she was wearing a long skirt (solid black and solid grey) with a solid colored top with a thick belt. We also have family in Italy and I don't every remember seeing them dressed up. But their jeans were high end.

There aare alot of people here on this thread and I am sure tht they will add a lot of info for your here.

I have traveled in Europe before and know pretty much what to wear I just can't figure out how to mix and match clothes for hot weather and cool weather. I know layering is the answer but packing for 27 days is a big problem for me. Can't take an outfit for each day and Celebrity doesn't have self-service laundry facilities. What's a Fashionista to do?

Thanks for the security tip. My husband and I ware assaulted and mugged in Madrid a few years ago and are very aware of the precautions to take. It was very scary!

Wish I could sail for 27 days in row with you:):D;)

I know some gals will tell me I am wrong (and I have been plenty of

times:eek:) but I am going to suggest once you get on the ship, use

the ship's laundry services. It might be some extra $$ for you, but

when you total the cost of such a big trip? For me, it would be worth

it. I have used them in the past and my clothing has come back just

fine:)

Wish I could sail for 27 days in row with you:):D;)

I know some gals will tell me I am wrong (and I have been plenty of

times:eek:) but I am going to suggest once you get on the ship, use

the ship's laundry services. It might be some extra $$ for you, but

when you total the cost of such a big trip? For me, it would be worth

it. I have used them in the past and my clothing has come back just

fine:)

Thanks Lois. I guess we'll do that as we have a couple of times in the past. They do a decent job. We'll just have to budget more for such a long trip.

Thanks Lois. I guess we'll do that as we have a couple of times in the past. They do a decent job. We'll just have to budget more for such a long trip.

Have a great time.:) I sailed Reflection for 3 nights when she arrived

in Miami:D......it was her "first revenued" cruise...so basically it was

her Inaugural for paying customers;)