Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Hi Ladies! Thought I would share!

Just got back from my cruise on the NCL EPIC and took some suits and coverups that I got online from SwimSuitsForAll.com. I got a LOT of compliments on my bathing suits and the cover ups especially! I am a "plus sized" gal, so I really have to search around for bathing suits, even though I live in Florida!

We are getting ready to head back out on a Celebrity cruise in a few months. Back to the Bahamas we go! Cruise #10 for us! Anyway, I found this Groupon from SwimSuitsForAll.com so I thought I would share with you!

http://www.groupon.com/el-paso/

$20 will get you $40 in swimwear and coverups! It's a great deal, so I wanted to share it with the ladies of Cruise Critic! They have things for size 8 through 26W so there is a big selection!

Enjoy!! xoxo

RazorbackBelle08: You will be the Belle of the cruise! The photos you posted are exactly what should be worn by someone your age and size. Wow!

cinnamonspider: Your 2 dresses are super gorgeous, also perfect for cruising.

I've never looked on ebay...maybe I should...

Cherbaby66: Welcome to CCF and thanks for the Groupon link! Fashionistas are always happy to find a bargain!

Did I hear someone mention tPF? Man you've exposed another of my past addictions. OP, I love how you have organized your selections and can't wait to see what makes the final cut.

LOL! Yes, I too was once horribly addicted to tPF :p Now that I don't go there anymore, I only own about 15 designer bags (Mostly Coach and LV, I sold all the rest... except my Hermes of course) and I don't buy them all the time and put myself in debt *facepalm*

Thank you all for the compliments :o I'm so excited to wear these new outfits and I value all of your input so much since I'm a newbie!

Speaking of bags, would it be too pretentious to carry my Birkins on the ship? Should I stick with my little Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 or Alma, or a Coach clutch?

Edited by RazorbackBelle08

As for your beloved bags on the ship I can't say, but I do remember others from tPF in my forum having lost their beloved bags while in Europe by purse snatchers, but if you're only using aboard you should be ok. Take a cute wristlet (sp). I only use crossbody bags while traveling. Aw to have a Hermes... One day.

Probably was me I am a purse addict..I must have blocked it from my mind! lmbo:D

Haha you were always VERY sweet to me :)

And thanks Diva.... I think I'd rather not risk losing my H bags, no telling when I'll get another Birkin! I have a few cute Coach wristlets that I think will work. :)

Haha you were always VERY sweet to me :)

And thanks Diva.... I think I'd rather not risk losing my H bags, no telling when I'll get another Birkin! I have a few cute Coach wristlets that I think will work. :)

Good to know !...of course now you know I have to go check it out again:D

Started trying on my clothing choices tonight...and discovered something awesome! I've been working really hard to lose weight and it's paying off. Last year I bought a really pretty royal blue blouse on clearance that zips up the front and has these pleated ruffles going down the zipper. It was waaay too small, so I bought it as a goal shirt. I tried it on tonight, and it fits!!!! Yay!

So, I'm adding that to my packing list for sure. I'll try to post a pic of me wearing it on the ship!!

I've determined that shoes are going to be my problem with packing. I just want to bring them ALL!! Lol

Started trying on my clothing choices tonight...and discovered something awesome! I've been working really hard to lose weight and it's paying off. Last year I bought a really pretty royal blue blouse on clearance that zips up the front and has these pleated ruffles going down the zipper. It was waaay too small, so I bought it as a goal shirt. I tried it on tonight, and it fits!!!! Yay

So, I'm adding that to my packing list for sure. I'll try to post a pic of me wearing it on the ship!!

YAY FOR YOU!!! I bet that felt SO good! Good job on your hard work!

I've determined that shoes are going to be my problem with packing. I just want to bring them ALL!! Lol

This is my concern, I am planning on 2 pairs of heels right now (black and nude), but the long gown I picked last night screams for silver shoes. And silver shoes will mean a silver clutch instead of my black one.

Here's the dress:

737880113_CoralStraplessLong.jpg.434b1ecab5fe455c5ac036e316c159e3.jpg

curlymason: Congrats on reaching your goal! Whenever you're tempted to overeat, remember the saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". That's my mantra...and then I eat no more than 3 bites of something that could quickly pack on a pound.

Shoes: We fashionistas do LOVE our shoes! If a luggage limit isn't an issue - take as many as you want!

I'm taking 14 pair for our 11-night cruise and I've never had more than 1 large suitcase and 1 medium or carryon:cool:.

I've spent 4 days choosing clothes: 2 per day = at least 22 outfits + swimsuits & nightwear.

Since trying to find something appropriate for SailAway but also warm enough for a cool northeastern departure port is much tougher than leaving from Florida. Here's what I'm wearing: Talbot's cord pants, short sleeve cashmere pullover + a Liz Claiborne cardigan. I MUST wear sandals, even if it's snowing! The Bagalini was recommended many pages back and will be my carry-on.

232323232%7Ffp%3B5%3A%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3538%3A8538%3A335nu0mrj

Day 2 will still be cool until we're in warmer southern waters. I'll be wearing Talbot's pants (Talbots fit me w/o alterations), knit top and hoodie jacket. I love the yellow wedges (Anne Klein from zappos)

232323232%7Ffp%3B54%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3538%3A87%3A48335nu0mrj

BTW: DH took the photos and wanted a different background from my usual "bland empty wall".

This dress was a bargain! TJ Maxx, $20.:):)! The evening purse is Brighton. DH opened a lovely Zinfandel to match the dress...we shared part of the bottle at lunch...

232323232%7Ffp%3B47%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3538%3A7%3C6%3B6335nu0mrj

curlymason: Congrats on reaching your goal! Whenever you're tempted to overeat, remember the saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". That's my mantra...and then I eat no more than 3 bites of something that could quickly pack on a pound.

[

Oh I'm still working on my goal...I still have about 50 lbs to lose, but I'm down 20! The shirt was a mini-goal. So I'm just determined to not gain any back on the cruise!!

I loooove your outfits! Very classy! I'm still trying to figure out my sail away outfit. Looks like it will about 65 in Galveston, so maybe Capri pants and a light sweater??

I agree, I love your outfits Indiana! We're departing from NJ on March 5th, so I'm trying to decide what to wear that day. I figured I'd board in jeans, and I don't want to bring my winter coat on board so I'll probably wear a bulky sweater with an extra layer underneath. I may bring an extra sweater for the next day at sea since it could still be chilly outside on the decks; or some capris and a couple shirt options depending on the temp. After that, if I'm not in swimsuits and shorts and dresses, I'm gonna be upset! :)

That is such a pretty dress! I wish I could wear that color...it looks awful on me. You're right though, that screams for silver shoes.

Thank you! I ordered it online, as I did with several items, so I won't get to try them on for another 10 days or so (I'm not home right now) to make sure they fit. But I'll have 3 more weeks to get any alterations I need, and to pair together or find the perfect accessories for each outfit - shoes, jewelry, etc.

And the rest of them. The green one looks like it would work as a cover-up as well.

I also have one or two pants outfits at home I'm thinking of, might be good for the first/last nights if it's cold. I'll post pics of those in a couple weeks when I can try them on, along with all of these once I get anything fitted that needs it.

636026420_RedCoral.jpg.bd95a05cf5d5de6c259e27cf68110408.jpg

548365010_SouthernPine.jpg.295b4412e1164e8709825a8009f54f0f.jpg

1843157574_StadiumRed.jpg.81781d131b73f69ab62cc7194af277d6.jpg

Yellow.jpg.0636f9196303d1cf6e4414d9e977c400.jpg