Indepenence to homeport in the US again

I vote Galveston! There needs to be more competition there to bring down the ridiculous prices. Mariner + Independence + Magic + Ecstasy would be a winning combination!!

You can count the Triumph in there too. Later this year the Triumph will replace the Ecstasy on the 4 and 5 day cruises.

I just got word from a close friend who was at a dinner with

John Weis (Assc. VP) that the Independence will homeporting in the United States year round after her last listed voyage out of Southampton. Options include Galveston and a year round 6/8 night rotation out of Fort Lauderdale.

Sounds plausible. There are strong rumors on CC, that one of the Freedom class will be moved to Bayonne and the Indy might be the replacement.

• 1 month later...
Southampton is having a new cruise terminal built to open in 2013. It will be able to dock Oasis and Allure. Read this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1339079/New-Southampton-cruise-terminal-cost-30m.html

Even if the Oasis and Allure can homeport in Southampton, what other ports would they go to? Other ports would have to be built up for them.

Also what about Central Garden?

I can see the future headlines now...

BREAKING NEWS: Tropical plants in Oasis' Central Park die in not-so-tropical climate of Southampton & Northern Europe!

Remember everyone, not all rumors are true. Most of the time, unconfirmed rumors from bad sources turn out to be wrong. Rumors are not always wrong, but most of the time they are.

BREAKING NEWS: Tropical plants in Oasis' Central Park die in not-so-tropical climate of Southampton & Northern Europe!

Remember everyone, not all rumors are true. Most of the time, unconfirmed rumors from bad sources turn out to be wrong. Rumors are not always wrong, but most of the time they are.

What rumor? The article says the port can accomodate the ships. There was no mention of either Oasis or Allure actually going there. If they are planning it, I hope they have started designing canopies for Central Park, Boardwalk, and the Solarium.

If I remember correctly Oasis and Allure are locked into Ft. laud. for some years. I thought RCCL had to sign a very long contract to keep both ship there in order for them to put up the new cruise terminal. I may be wrong, but i remember hearing something about that.

Ever been to the west coast of Scotland where they can grow a lot of Tropical plants?

All due to the Gulf stream drift.

Archived