Carnival Beer Chart

subaruSTi

Cool! I never thought of this before seeing your spreadsheet, but I gotta ask now. Will Carnival sell a bucket of any type of beer? I assumed that the buckets would be just Bud or whatever. I like Bass Ale. Can a bucket of Bass Ale be purchased? Can (will) they mix brands in a bucket?

Tim

YES! You can even mix and match. On the Valor in January my husband and I got a bucket with 2 Blue Moons and 2 Bass Ales.

OMG, I thought I was the only spreadsheet nerd who did things like this! I created a spreadsheet almost identical to this 2 years ago for my first cruise. I don't drink beer, so mine listed wine and mixed drinks. My traveling companions thought I was nuts!

I love knowing there are other people out there who have brains wired like mine.

The key is, just drink fosters. However, can they sell you a bucket of Fosters? That's 100 ounces!!!

On NCL, they let me buy buckets of Fosters. Very cool and their buckets are 6 bottles or cans. We just brought our little collapsible ice cooler and had them fill it with ice for us.

Now we have to factor in body weight and divide by alcohol tolerance to come up with the actual cost of getting tipsy enough to take a swing at some minors (but not actually making contact) and getting put off the ship in Cozumel where we might bump into Foxy Brown. LOL

YES! You can even mix and match. On the Valor in January my husband and I got a bucket with 2 Blue Moons and 2 Bass Ales.

Do all the ships have Blue Moon? I don't remember it on our other 2 cruises. We'll be on the Legend next month. Does anyone knows if they have Blue Moon on there?

You are THE man!! Good info for all us beer drinks :):)

Trying to figure out the best (cheapest) way to enjoy some cold ones whilst sailing the sea I came up with this chart in Excel. It shows prices with and without gratuities, bucket prices, and what I consider to be the best bang for your buck deals.

I've found that buying a bucket of (4) 12oz Budweiser/Bud Light cans plus 1 extra 12oz can be a better deal than the (4) 16oz Bud/Bud Light bucket. By buying a bucket of the 12oz and an extra single can equals 60oz for $20.88 versus 64oz and $24.71 for the (4) 16oz bucket. Anyway take a look at my chart :D

CarnivalBeerPrices.jpg?t=1297397880

sorry but beer drinkers of the world should unite BUD LIGHT is not a serious beer and as an aussie fosters is just wallaby urine; real beers and real ale the cost is relavant to the taste not just the get smashed factor

bob

Trying to figure out the best (cheapest) way to enjoy some cold ones whilst sailing the sea I came up with this chart in Excel. It shows prices with and without gratuities, bucket prices, and what I consider to be the best bang for your buck deals.

I've found that buying a bucket of (4) 12oz Budweiser/Bud Light cans plus 1 extra 12oz can be a better deal than the (4) 16oz Bud/Bud Light bucket. By buying a bucket of the 12oz and an extra single can equals 60oz for $20.88 versus 64oz and $24.71 for the (4) 16oz bucket. Anyway take a look at my chart :D

Only somebody from Philly suburbs would have this all figured out. You go you party animal you!! So useful and so funny you did that much work. I think I will still go with Heineken or Guiness though. After all, I will be on vacation. Go PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Had a heck of a time having the staff leave the caps un disturbed on the bottles. Last trip they said they were to open them (break the seal). Went to officer on lido deck to get the practice stopped in our case. Have no idea what that was all about. Some type of trial?

Also there was a rumor a while back that the tip was going to !8%, how true is this?

• 2 weeks later...

I see what your saying but are these bucket prices before or after gratuities? I was kind of checking out Guiness, Heineken or Corona Light. I dont really think those prices are too bad for cruise prices.

I only drink Bud, period. I never really worry about cost etc until I realized the drink coupons ($5.75 ea) included gratuity would mean I would save 15% on every beer purchased. Before seeing this thread I emailed Carnival asking exactly how many "Buds" are given per bucket and the TOTAL amt (inc gratuity). I am a Platinum member but forget the price/# of beers, whether the price inc gratuity etc.

** I am sailing on the Miracle in a few weeks and haven't seen 12oz cans of Bud in at least 3 years so I'm not sure some of the info is relevant - although VERY MUCH APPRECIATED **

I am as far from frugal as possible but also know I (we) spend a lot on beer during the cruise so figured might as well find out the best method to purchase. As of now it's either drink coupons (save 15%) and/or buckets. Again, I've only seen 16oz alum offered in the past 3-4 yrs.

I would like to know (100%) the # of 16oz buds in a bucket and the 'total' cost (inc tip). THX!!!

Archived