Carnival Beer Chart

subaruSTi

Phew !! This is getting serious. Heres a chart to follow. Start drinking 1 hour later, this will allow you to drink 2 less beers a day. Thats a savings of atleast 10 bucks. Now if you drink 10 beers a day instead of 12 you will effectively lower the cost of those beers to 4.00 by saving the 10.00, a reasonable price for the beers. Or......if you have to worry about the cost for beer just for 1 week during the year maybe you really can't afford the cruise. Now we all like to keep spending down as much as we can but seriously..........

Affordability is the not issue for me....it's about being ripped off the least way possible

I have found the best way to enjoy beer is to simply drink it. No spreadsheets necessary. I tried that once and kept spilling my beer on it. We are talking pennies here, not worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things. For what it is worth Fosters in the big cans is the best deal on the ship.:D

Conquest sells Bud Light in the 12 ounce cans only on the first day at sea. Then only the 16 ounce bottles are available. Thus, your ability to save is limited. I have also found that if you purchase lots of beer the pool side beverage servers become very anxious to assist. Find who you like the first day or so then remain loyal. Sometimes they slip in a freebie.

What a great way to start the weekend! Love me a good spreadsheet! Geeks unite! Disregard those naysayers that say you have too much time on your hands!:p Cheers!

Now to answer a few questions:

Can a bucket of Bass Ale be purchased? Can (will) they mix brands in a bucket?

Tim

Yes, you can get up to 4 brands of beer in a bucket (one each), but the prices will vary due to brand.

I have one (kinda silly) question: If ordering a bucket and it's not all consumed at the venue, is it allowed to take back to your room to be put on ice by the steward?

Absolutely! And if you happen to have extra beers at any time, the steward will put them in the extra bucket with fresh ice!:cool:

Happy Friday!:D

I just have a question about the bucket prices. Those are total w/o tip, or do the prices you have include tip? Can you make the tipping at the bars 10% instead of 15% at guest services? Is that even an option? Im not saying i would do it, im just wondering.

Beer and spreadsheets are two of my favorite things. Well done.

They now offer 16 oz. Landshark for $4.95 + tip. So it's nearly a buck cheaper than Bud/BL for the same oz. And much tastier IMO. Get those buy the bucket for $2.00 cheaper, and it's a pretty good deal.

I am not too familiar with Landshark. How do the 16 oz. come? Glass? Can? Aluminum?

Looking at the spreadsheet the tip calculation is wrong. The OP is subtracting 15% of the "Price w/tip" from the "Price w/tip"

A x 1.15 = B

These two equations are NOT the same.

B - (B*.15) = A

So I have a few questions.

1. Which of the prices does OP have right? "Price", "Price w/tip", "Bucket"

2. What is the latest Price w/tip on the Oil can fosters?

3. What is the pricew w/tip on the landshark 16 oz beer?

Clearly I am bored. I have the spreadsheet set up. I want to make sure I have formulas correct before I post the result.

I want to make sure I have the facts straight though.

I assumed for now that the OP had the "price" right and that the tip was an additional 15% on top of that.

Example: $3.95 x 1.15 = $4.54

I assumed that a bucket is 4 beers.

I assumed that the price discount reflected was approximately $2.35 per bucket. The original OP had that.

Example: Price w/tip = $4.54, then $4.54 x 4 - 2.35 = $15.81

Someone, please confirm or deny the above.

Good job. The only problem I have found is that the cheapest alternative(12oz cans) is never available on the chips I'm on. One time they had them on the first day only. :mad:

We tried to get them 12 oz cans on the first day of our last cruise and they didn't have any on the ship - or so they said - but we never did see anyone with any.

I can go back and look at my receipts, but for a bucket, I believe it is calculated the following way:

Price * 4 - $2.00 * 15% gratuity.

-----

Seperate: $3.95 * 15% = $4.55 * 4 = $18.20

Bucket: $3.95 * 4 = $15.80 - $2.00 = $13.80 * 15% = $15.87

Clearly I am bored. I have the spreadsheet set up. I want to make sure I have formulas correct before I post the result.

I want to make sure I have the facts straight though.

I assumed for now that the OP had the "price" right and that the tip was an additional 15% on top of that.

Example: $3.95 x 1.15 = $4.54

I assumed that a bucket is 4 beers.

I assumed that the price discount reflected was approximately $2.35 per bucket. The original OP had that.

Example: Price w/tip = $4.54, then $4.54 x 4 - 2.35 = $15.81

Someone, please confirm or deny the above.

It's really pretty simple. Even without a spreadsheet.

Just add 15% gratuity to each beverage purchase. If you buy a bucket of beer (yes, 4 beers), you get a 50 cent discount per beer, or $2.00 total discount for the bucket. Then add the 15% gratuity.

So for your example, a bucket of $3.95 beers (which I have never seen BTW) = $13.80. ($2.00 off for a bucket, or 50 cents off each) Then add 15% gratuity on $13.80 + $2.07 = $15.87.

Here's a bar menu, beer prices included if it helps anyone (click on bar menu at left):

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

So I don't know how to imbed the image, but here is a pdf of a more detailed spreadsheet that I made.

I have listed the Best deals per ounce of beer and the best deal per ounce of alcohol in said beer.

Fosters wins by a land slide in any scenario. Surprisingly Budweiser is # 2 with Landshark a close third.

Carnival beer chart.pdf

It's really pretty simple. Even without a spreadsheet.

Just add 15% gratuity to each beverage purchase. If you buy a bucket of beer (yes, 4 beers), you get a 50 cent discount per beer, or $2.00 total discount for the bucket. Then add the 15% gratuity.

So for your example, a bucket of $3.95 beers (which I have never seen BTW) = $13.80. ($2.00 off for a bucket, or 50 cents off each) Then add 15% gratuity on $13.80 + $2.07 = $15.87.

Here's a bar menu, beer prices included if it helps anyone (click on bar menu at left):

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Cool u answered a ques I had. I wasn't sure if tip was calculated on full price or discounted price of the beers when you buy by the bucket. Also can anyone confirm landshark is now being offered on all ships? What about Valor?

Good job. The only problem I have found is that the cheapest alternative(12oz cans) is never available on the chips I'm on. One time they had them on the first day only. :mad:

This is true NOT ALL SHIPS SERVE 120Z BUD/BUD LIGHT. They won't advertise them so please feel free to ask......

And I have never seen Landshark yet and just finished 2 cruises in the last 6 months.......

You can mix the bucket beer but they have to be the same oz's. You can't have 2 12 oz and 2 16 oz.........we tried this on several ships.......

There is also the option of preordering your beer from Bon Voyage. The price is per item, but no 15% added on. Four 16 oz. Bud Lights;

4 * $5.75=$23.00.

The down side is, Bon Voyage does not carry all of the beers served on board (no Landshark) and it's delivered warm to your cabin. BUT, bring a small soft sided collapsible cooler and your room steward will keep it filled with ice. And, any bartender will give you a bucket with ice, if you ask.

There is also the option of preordering your beer from Bon Voyage. The price is per item, but no 15% added on. Four 16 oz. Bud Lights;

4 * $5.75=$23.00.

The down side is, Bon Voyage does not carry all of the beers served on board (no Landshark) and it's delivered warm to your cabin. BUT, bring a small soft sided collapsible cooler and your room steward will keep it filled with ice. And, any bartender will give you a bucket with ice, if you ask.

Yeah, but if you order a bucket on board (4 beers), you save $2.00 per bucket and they are served COLD. :D I think it's about $1.00 cheaper thru BV vs. bucket price + grat.

Archived