charges for lounge chairs

bermuda lover

Hi, I am not new to NCL, sailed on many of the fleet within the last 8 yrs. However, I have not sailed within the last two and someone told me that their sister had just returned from a NCL cruise and thought they "nickled and dimed." So, sticking up for NCL, I asked her to give me one thing that they thought was "Nickled and dimed." She told me that her sister was charged to use the loungers near the pool. I have a very hard time believing this and I would like someone out there to confirm or deny this alligation. This to be me would be crazy, but one never knows.... thanks for any feedback.

:)

Is she talking about inside the spa? There are some kind of loungers in there that there's a charge for. But there are no charges for the chaise lounges out on the pool deck by the pool.

Maybe someone was teasing her and she took it seriously??

NCL doesn't 'nickel and dime' any worse than RCL or HAL or Carnival. They all charge for specialty restaurants, alcoholic drinks, soda.

Hi, I am not new to NCL, sailed on many of the fleet within the last 8 yrs. However, I have not sailed within the last two and someone told me that their sister had just returned from a NCL cruise and thought they "nickled and dimed." So, sticking up for NCL, I asked her to give me one thing that they thought was "Nickled and dimed." She told me that her sister was charged to use the loungers near the pool. I have a very hard time believing this and I would like someone out there to confirm or deny this alligation. This to be me would be crazy, but one never knows.... thanks for any feedback.

:)

that is about like the gal who told my cousin there was no food on NCL unless you paid for it. Oh, she said, they had a buffet but it was open only 4 hours a day. Everything else had a charge. I don't know why people tell these stories or if they are just miss quoted.

Some people think everything will be included and haven't cruised enough to realize there are charges for somethings on all ships. NCL is no better and no worse. The only thing I would say, NCL does charge a little more for drinks than some lines. Again, not a lot more, but about 25 to 50 cents more and with the exception of Disney they have the highest service charges. Even then just a few cents more than other lines. Celebrity is now $11.50 a day.

Nita

that is about like the gal who told my cousin there was no food on NCL unless you paid for it. Oh, she said, they had a buffet but it was open only 4 hours a day. Everything else had a charge. I don't know why people tell these stories or if they are just miss quoted.

Nita

Yet there are some who think that people should be able to post a review on the review section and it's good that it can't be countered or questioned. If that person really said there was no free food, had posted a review there, people would read it and think what she said was true.

Yet there are some who think that people should be able to post a review on the review section and it's good that it can't be countered or questioned. If that person really said there was no free food, had posted a review there, people would read it and think what she said was true.

I have seen a few statements on here that are totally untrue, like you said, if they are posted in the review section only they can be very misleading. That is why I like to see things here. We can question.

Nita

OP.. could your DS have cruised on the Epic? If so, maybe she was getting confused over Posh. Now I have never sailed on the Epic, but just from what I have read here you can purchase access to Posh which I believe is a "private" pool area.

I am sure I will get flamed for saying this, but I have often wished cruise lines did charge for chairs by the pool. That would put a stop to chair hogs, or at least make them pay extra for being a chair hog.

I am sure I will get flamed for saying this, but I have often wished cruise lines did charge for chairs by the pool. That would put a stop to chair hogs, or at least make them pay extra for being a chair hog.

Sorry but I'm TOTALLY against something like that.

If they created a separate private fee area yes but charging fees for chairs in a public area - that isn't right. Not only that how would you discern between a chair that has been paid for but unoccupied vs. a chair being 'held' by a chair hog and unoccupied?

The chair hog solution is simple - it starts with manners and cruisers being considerate of their fellow passengers. Money can't solve all problems.

The chair hog solution is simple - it starts with manners and cruisers being considerate of their fellow passengers. Money can't solve all problems.

We all know this isn't gonna happen anytime soon, what we need is for the cruiselines, mangaement and staff to get off their nonfrontational butts and enforece the chairhog rule.

Having just gotten off the Epic (14 days) there was never a day that we didn't see a confrontation between cruisers over chairs. People were covering off 4 lounges in the sun and then 4 more behind them in the shade.

On the Epic it was just out of control and the worse we've seen out of 20 some cruises. We would watch from the decks of Posh at 8:30 in the morning people covering chairs and going off for hours.

We all know this isn't gonna happen anytime soon, what we need is for the cruiselines, mangaement and staff to get off their nonfrontational butts and enforece the chairhog rule.

We need those little "LIKE" thumbs up buttons like they have on Facebook!!

I wish that Management on all cruiselines would enforce this rule!!! It makes my blood boil to come out at 7am and see deck chairs covered and left vacant for HOURS. In November I left my chair for ten minutes to go to my stateroom to check on my teen and even told the guy next to me where I was going; when I came back -- in ten minutes -- someone had moved all of my stuff and was sitting there. HUGE confrontation that left me so upset.

Please, cruiselines, have the deck attendants actually do somethings about this!

Thank you all for your feedback. I did not think that NCL would charge for public lounge chairs. I do have to agree that MAYBE it was in the spa..... who knows, but see, this is how negative rumors get started.. it takes only one person's bad perception to have negative rumors started...

Lisa;)

Back in the day, NCL was very strict concerning chair hogs. They actually had officers going around and throwing off people's towels if they were left unattended for a period of time. The problem is there is simply not enough room on the pool deck for all the pax who want to sit there. I avoid the situation by going up to the sun decks. The worst days are the sea days when everybody wants to be out on deck.

Sorry but I'm TOTALLY against something like that.

If they created a separate private fee area yes but charging fees for chairs in a public area - that isn't right. Not only that how would you discern between a chair that has been paid for but unoccupied vs. a chair being 'held' by a chair hog and unoccupied?

I totally agree with what the simple solution should be and wish all cruises were filled with pax like you. However because people are like they are, we now have places like Posh. It's sad.

Archived