GS Perks on Grandeur..

I booked a GS on the Grandeur, before I was aware that the ship doesn't have a Concierge Lounge, or Concierge (?).

I emailed RCCL Customer Service a week ago, asking what the Suite perks for the Grandeur were. I guess there aren't any (?) since I haven't gotten a reply.

Does anybody on CC know what the suite perks are, and if you've had a suite on the Grandeur?? This is my first suite, on RCCL, and I was kind excited. Thanks.:confused:

for us, they had a nightly cocktail hr in the crow's nest but the only available free alcohol was wine, champagne. Everything else had a 25% discount or something. It was not a very good event because there was no food available at all. BUT, this happened 3 yrs ago and things change quickly. they did bring up some cookies, choc. strawberries etc to the cabin almost every day and our service was fantastic! You can actually do dinner in your suite if you want to. Deb

I booked a GS on the Grandeur, before I was aware that the ship doesn't have a Concierge Lounge, or Concierge (?).

I emailed RCCL Customer Service a week ago, asking what the Suite perks for the Grandeur were. I guess there aren't any (?) since I haven't gotten a reply.

Does anybody on CC know what the suite perks are, and if you've had a suite on the Grandeur?? This is my first suite, on RCCL, and I was kind excited. Thanks.:confused:

There is currently a Concierge Lounge on GR.:D

Have you experienced it yourself, or spoken directly to someone who has? Or are you merely repeating something that you read?

We are all waiting to hear specific information about this.

It is moved from time to time but it's now in the Card Room on Deck 7.

I have once again e-mailed Customer Service requesting the information.....so that we can put this matter to bed. If I don't get a timely response, I'll escalate to whomever I have to to get a definitive answer. Now put away the boxing gloves, and enjoy life. ;)

I have once again e-mailed Customer Service requesting the information.....so that we can put this matter to bed. If I don't get a timely response, I'll escalate to whomever I have to to get a definitive answer. Now put away the boxing gloves, and enjoy life. ;)

It is this thread that was started August 10, 2010 concerning Concierge Lounge now open on Grandeur that has us slightly confused.:confused:

Back in August, Grandeur had a CL for about a week and then it was gone. So, it just makes you wonder.

I received the standard form answer from RCCL's customer service 2/14, regarding the Concierge Lounge on the Grandeur..

They did NOT answer the direct question as to if there is, or isn't, a CL on the Grandeur, and just gave the fleet-wide Suite amenities . I e-mailed Lisa Bauer, RCI Sr. VP of Hotel Management, yesterday evening. Hopefully I'll receive an answer, soon.

We were on the Grandeur about a year and a half ago, in a Royal Family Suite. I thought there was a concierge lounge too, but found out there wasn't before the cruise. We still had a great time, and I'm sure you will too.

Our suite attendant was fantastic and brought us a bottle of wine every night. :D We didn't order dinner in our room, but we could have. We did order breakfast in one morning. The balcony was fantastic!

We usually cruise on NCL and they have a lot more perks for suites, but we didn't want for anything on the Grandeur.

Have a great time!

aneljt, You got alot more for your suite than we did on the Oasis this past cruise a couple of weeks ago! Our room attendant brought us nothing!! and didn't hear from or see our consierge until day 5 and only after we had several issues and the management called them to try and make things "better" so much for "suite service" on RCCL. We were very disappointed , this was not our first suite on RCCL , however it was probably the most I have ever paid for a cruise and it was the worst !!!

aneljt, You got alot more for your suite than we did on the Oasis this past cruise a couple of weeks ago! Our room attendant brought us nothing!! and didn't hear from or see our consierge until day 5 and only after we had several issues and the management called them to try and make things "better" so much for "suite service" on RCCL. We were very disappointed , this was not our first suite on RCCL , however it was probably the most I have ever paid for a cruise and it was the worst !!!

May I ask if you received a letter from the Concierge in your cabin explaining what was available for suite guests?

Your SeaPass Card was programmed for entry into the Concierge Lounge. Did you not go there upon arrival?

I'm sorry to hear that! It was only a 5 day cruise (way too short for me) and I don't remember meeting or hearing from the concierge. Our room attendant was great though and did a lot of little extras for us.

I have to say having our suite attendant was like having a butler on NCL. I know I've read about people having butlers that weren't up to par also, so maybe you just had a not so great suite attendant?

I was in a GS on the Grandeur in August 2009 and sis was in an RFS the same week. NO Concierge, or lounge, or free drinks in any lounge that I was told about.

Did not miss it, as we had the best suite attendant on the high seas, Anthony, who among other amenities, wrote my parents a handwritten card for their 52nd anniversary. We will have a CL on the Enchantment in April, but no Anthony ... I'd rather have him!

el henry

I received this e-mail, Wed 2/16/10.

Dear XXXXX,

I'm sorry if you've been frustrated by our lack of clarity on a response. I can confirm that we do not have a Concierge Lounge on Grandeur, nor have we had one in the past. Please let me know if there is any additional information that you would like to know.

I'm sure you will enjoy your transatlantic cruise and thanks very much for sailing with us.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Lisa Bauer

Sr. Vice President

Hotel Operations

Royal Caribbean International

We were in the RS for my 60th birthday the last week of Sept. There was no Concierge lounge or Concierge. But there is a Diamond Event each night which I guess Suite Guest get to go to also. You get Champagne or wine, or 25% off of drinks. They had it in the Viking crown lounge.

We did get a letter, before the cruise, for us to pick our suite perk, which we picked a bottle of Champagne. We also got a tray of something everyday. Fruit, cheese, chocolate covered stawberries, etc. They did have a cake in the dinning room for my birthday.

We never had dinner in our room, but we had breakfast everyday, a few lunches and snacks. It was wonderful. We had a wonderful room steward. She even sent us a bottle of champagne for my birthday, You will have a small coffee/tea pot in the room.

The ship is beautiful and you will not be disappointed.

Irene

Archived