Car/Taxi Service From Miami to FLL

Massnatives

Hi - we are sailing on the Solstice April 24 out of Fort Lauderdale. It is $200 per person cheaper to fly into Miami at that time - have any of you used a car service or taxi to do this? Prices?We are using Celebrity transfers on the back end - I think that is $60 per person. I'm more concerned with that transfer for time's sake.Thanks - Laurel

Hi - we are sailing on the Solstice April 24 out of Fort Lauderdale. It is $200 per person cheaper to fly into Miami at that time - have any of you used a car service or taxi to do this? Prices?We are using Celebrity transfers on the back end - I think that is $60 per person. I'm more concerned with that transfer for time's sake.Thanks - Laurel

We use GO Airport Shuttle & Car Service (www.floridalimo.com), I think rates were about $75 for two people in a private car, or about $20 per person for a shared van. We did the shared van a couple of years ago, prices might have gone up.

Thanks for all the responses - when you say 'shuttle' - is that a bus from one airport to the other?My travel agent said a taxi would be around $50. - I'd rather have a definite price.Everything is still cheaper than flying into Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for all the responses - when you say 'shuttle' - is that a bus from one airport to the other?My travel agent said a taxi would be around $50. - I'd rather have a definite price.Everything is still cheaper than flying into Fort Lauderdale.

When was the last time your TA was in Florida? We've taken cabs ($80 the last time in 2009, presumably more now, and that was on the meter - no flat rates) and a Town Car (at $100 this past November, it's worth the difference.) Allow yourself an hour. It shouldn't take that long but can if there's traffic, repair work, or an accident. One reason FLL gets higher prices is that you're so much closer to the piers and many passengers value the convenience. It stands to reason: if you're on a flight to Ft. Lauderdale that gets in late, you have a better chance making the ship than if you landed at the same time in Miami.

"Shuttle" is a short bus/big van like the cheaper rent-a-car companies use in the airport (as opposed to the full-size buses used by Hertz, Avis, etc.)

$50? Ha! More like $80.

Like you, I was enticed by the significantly lower airfare into Miami from Memphis. After looking at various options, we elected to go with a one way rental car. We were able to rent using our corporate negotiated rates, which have no drop off charges. Also, we always fly in the day before, especially during the winter months, when flight cancellations are a big risk. So for slightly less than $60 for a 24 hour rental, we also had the car to go out for dinner the night before. and to drive to the rental location at the port, where the Hertz shuttle then dropped us at the ship for no additional charge. We couldn't find more convenient transport from MIA to FLL hotel to ship for less than $30 per person.

Your mileage may vary.

I had great experience with Sun and Moon Express - *************************** or contact@sunandmoonexpress.com - we got a very nice luxury van (not shared) from MIA to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale (we flew the redeye and landed the morning before departure) and the same from the hotel to the pier for $75 and $25 respectively.

Thank you all for your very helpful suggestions.We are flying in the day before the cruise - it is Easter weekend - that may be the reason for the high airfare into FLL on Jet Blue. We didn't even realize it was Easter when we booked. I also heard it was the end of New Hampshire's spring break week. I'm glad to know we have many options thanks to the Cruise Critic cruisers. I can always count on help when I need it.Laurel

Archived