?? Changing a single cabin to a shared cabin last minute

alwalaska

Hi! A friend of ours is cruising on March 9th out of San Juan (I can't remember what ship). She is sailing in a cabin alone. Her kids are now trying to coordinate to see if my mom would want to go along and share the cabin.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do last minute? How will the costs work? I have a TA, but, we just lost our dad and my TA just lost her dad as well and I would rather have some idea of the facts before I bother either of them.

Thanks.

The answer depends. Usually when you add a 2nd person to a solo booking, you just have to pay the additional taxes and fees for the 2nd person (assuming that you paid the 200% single supplement). A few people have had their own booking completely refared at the current rates. And in my case, the cruise was officially sold out, so they would not allow me to add anyone to my cabin.

I added my SO to my booking last month 4 days before sailing. I talked to the cruise line direct and was told that I could add him to my booking no later than Thursday (we sailed on Monday). My singles fare was around 135% so we just had to pay the difference. Our sailing was full and I had no problem adding my SO to my booking.

Hi! A friend of ours is cruising on March 9th out of San Juan (I can't remember what ship). She is sailing in a cabin alone. Her kids are now trying to coordinate to see if my mom would want to go along and share the cabin.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do last minute? How will the costs work? I have a TA, but, we just lost our dad and my TA just lost her dad as well and I would rather have some idea of the facts before I bother either of them.

Thanks.

You have your choice of March 5th (Serenade) or 6th (Adventure). Otherwise, it's not a Royal Caribbean cruise, and we can't help you. (or your friend)

You have your choice of March 5th (Serenade) or 6th (Adventure). Otherwise, it's not a Royal Caribbean cruise, and we can't help you. (or your friend)

I went to check pricing on the RCCL web site after posting this question and realized there were now 2 ships sailing from San Juan and neither fit the date, so if my mom chooses to go along, we will have to find the correct date.

Since our friend just lost her husband a few months ago, and I just lost my dad (my mom's husband) last week, it is not surprising that one of us got the date wrong. I know she said Royal Caribbean since that is what their family normally sails. Thanks for verifying the ships and dates for me.

Archived