Westerdam Panama Canal April 15, 2011

bcirish

bc

We'll still be speaking. Michigan will lose, we will continue to resent OSU!! I hope they fire Rich Rodriguez and get the right coach. Michigan State is just fun to pick on--they are the 2nd best college in Michigan. Did you see the Wisconsin-Iowa game--pretty exciting!

Funny that your family crosses so many of the big rivalries--must be fun when you all get together!!

George doesn't check in much--it seemed like Rand was cruising a lot this summer and maybe George is busy at work? I figure he is due to check in soon.

Rivers did OK, I needed more. Very close in both fantasy games this week. My money league game I still have a chance. My work league I am playing a guy no one wants to lose to since he is such a bad sport and acts like he personally played the game to beat you!! I think I am going to lose that one. Not that big a deal--he is in another building pretty far from me, so I won't have to talk to him (plus, this league doesn't play for money so who cares!!).

Almost can't stand the suspense of waiting for tomorrow's Giants game!

31 working days until I'm done (as if I were counting)!

ML

What a day! Football gkids and early Halloween for our community. Our kids who are in the area came by with the little ones to trick or treat and then stayed for supper- nice to see them. It has been really warm here so know when the weather changes it will be a double kick in the face.

I know what you mean about beating certain folks in Fantasy football. There's no money in ours. Our son who organized it is in 2 money leagues- we were out in VA with them last weekend. I am actually beginning to figure our some of the strategies which is so different than just wanting a team to win- very different. Cannot believe it - had a "Q" RB who picked up 43 points - so I laugh and point out to son that my strategy works- he says it only works for me and it's warped thinking. :D

I actually do not have much of a team but am having fun helping the newbies - I guess for me it is more of the strategy of who to play recruit or drop and am finding with 12 teams this year - finding good pickups is getting hard. Only the top 8 teams will do playoffs so am thinking of trading to someone who might be able to make a dent in the end and turn the game a bit upside down - son just shakes his head at me. Since it is a family thing - am thinking it would be a bit discouraging if I do too well 2 years in a row especially since I had last draft.DIL who was last last year has been first all season but her 11 year old niece is beginning to sneak up on her and son says she ( niece ) has the strongest team ( yahoo picked it for her in the draft )

Other than that - it has been a nasty week in our community- one of ladies in our community went to the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana with friends- fell down the stairs in the hotel and died ( that is scary), 2 days later our neighbor passed out in an elevator and fell and broke his hip and tonight another neighbor was picked up by Emergency - still don't know the details there except DH said she was not doing well. This is the bad part of Adult community - good part - everyone cares and is there when needed and they all love life and are very active. We have been here almost 9 years and have really enjoyed it- it is great for travel - feel pretty good about leaving for extended periods of time and not worrying.

Since I still can't sleep - am off to do some photography work for a show coming up - that should put me to sleep!!!

Wow - 31 - now that is short! Have a good one!

So .... ML just went over the HAL site and the first thing I come across is the drink thing so I stirred the pot a bit - told them I was coming to your room for drinks when mine runs out:D - LOL -

Have a good one - bet someone will have an opinion!

bc

the Giants win--another week, another QB out of the game (that's 4 out of 7 so far this year!!).

So, you played McFadden--excellent choice! if you had Kenny Britt too, those 2 guys won the game, didn't even need the rest of the team. I lost both games. i score 93 points (which is good for our leagues) and still lose. I too enjoy the strategy and always look to see who I can add to improve or ruin someone else's chances :D

I have to agree with your son--interesting thinking and i know it wouldn't work for me!!

Sorry to hear of the recent spate of accidents at your community. let's hope this isn't a long-lasting trend.

i am off to the HAL thread to see what trouble you have gotten me into!!

ML

Does anyone have any information as to why we are not stopping at Half Moon Cay or whatever the name of HAL's private island? The pictures always look so nice and we just appear to cruise on by.

No info but I wondered the same thing! Last time we were supposed to be there (also the first), hurricane rita hit and we made a huge detour out to sea. Missed this stop and captain tried to fit in in at the end but passengers complained, so we never went.

I would love to go here instead of Aruba.

ML

Does anyone have any information as to why we are not stopping at Half Moon Cay or whatever the name of HAL's private island? The pictures always look so nice and we just appear to cruise on by.

For some reason next year most of the ships doing Panama crusies are not stopping at HMC . Not sure why this is happening?

We took this Panama Canal cruise last year and we did stop at HMC. We liked it so much that the only way we could get back there next year was to take the 7 day Caribbean B2B cruisie on 4-8-10 before the panama cruise.

thanks everyone. When I first looked at this cruise I know that HMC was on the list of stops. We were looking forward to it. Now it as gone missing and I just wondered why. I would rather spend a day there than some of the central america ports where excursions are really limited. DH Pat is just not able to do much in the way of walking and when we looked at the list of excursions - most require some level of physical activity. We just thought that NMC would be accessible. Well - next time. We really enjoy sea days so we are waiting - not to patiently - for April. Thanks again. Debbie

When we first looked into this cruise it stopped at HMC. When we finaly got around to booking the cruise we didn't stop there any more, don't know why either.:(:confused::mad:

Allan & Marlane

Is it possible that you looked at that cruise that was for 23 days were it did show HMC?

When we looked at just the Panama cruise it did not show HMC. We then went back and looked at the B2B with the 7 day caribbean cruise that had the HMC stop and added it for a total of 23 days.

There is a down side, I just noticed the the Veendam will also be at HMC on same day we are there on the 7 day cruise.

Rick

We have actually bypassed HMC more than we have stopped - tropical storms, high seas, and actually do not remember the other one. Did not realize we are missing that one though - guess I have not paid much attention and just assumed we would be there one day.

WHoa - what happened to Michigan State- they have been great this year - guess it is not good to be a leader... sorry - they have a great QB.

:DHi folk's Happy Halloween. Hope you all have a good one. Here we are going into Nov. now and boy are we counting down the months unti we set sale. Guess you can tell we are very excited as you know this is our first cruise. Any Canadians flying out on April 14th, would love to hear from you. Guess now we have to settle into another cold winter, but with the cruise we sure won't mind it this year. Until next time Pat & Bob

:DHi folk's Happy Halloween. Hope you all have a good one. Here we are going into Nov. now and boy are we counting down the months unti we set sale. Guess you can tell we are very excited as you know this is our first cruise. Any Canadians flying out on April 14th, would love to hear from you. Guess now we have to settle into another cold winter, but with the cruise we sure won't mind it this year. Until next time Pat & Bob

We normally like to fly out the day before so we can spend some time to make like a tourist and do some sight seeing. Also in case of bad weather altough I'm sure we don't have to worry about that this time.

Allan & Marlane:D:D

Hey - maybe if we are not scheduled to stop at HMC, they will end up making a detour and include it at the last minute - one never knows!. My daughter's team is beating me today - the one I am helping her with - there is just not something right about that but my gkids are tied right now and all of the newbies and bottoms from last year are beating the pants off of the rest of us. Happy Halloween all- off to put my computer together- we moved most of the furniture in the house including the computer and so I thought I would take to time to set it right in the desk - I am thinking that whoever designed where the cords are to come in and out must have been very tiny and extremely agile - probably very young too - hmmmm. I am none of those but I am determined- only disaster was a dead hub which makes not sense but I always figure I have to replace something when I move so I guess that is not too bad.

Later

b

The Lions win!! The bears and Giants don't lose!! NE beats Min (thank goodness--I am sick of the Favre-opera). I am winning in 1 FF game, losing in the other by 15 but still have P money, arian foster, and rackers. The other team has reggie wayne. In my money league, I am up about 15 and we both have kickers in Monday night game--finally, I may win a game!! OSU did good, Michigan didn't lose, and Mich State did! great weekend...

I would love to stop at HMC--the only time we were supposed to be there, Hurricane Rita came along.

Going off to pack my stuff to ride my bicycle tomorrow--likely one of the last times I can ride this year. And after i retire, I won't have to get up in the wee hours anymore!!

ML

Aloha,

We flew over to the Big Island of Hawaii this morning for a 2 week vacation. It's 86 degrees and very humid...very nice since it was 54 degrees and raining on Sat. at the Oregon State football game. It's real easy for us to get here. One hour flight from Eugene OR to San Fran. and then 5 hours to Kona Hawaii. I love this state and get real relaxed coming here. Sitting on the lani with the trade winds blowing thru the unit...nothing better.

Rick

Hi Everyone. I'm back from my 2 weeks on the Ryndam now I can start really looking forward to the April cruise. Good thing I've got one to look forward to in Dec. It's my 50th birthday so I need something to soften the blow:D. Good to see this roll call is pretty active. My Ryndam cruise roll call was really dead.

Hi Everyone. I'm back from my 2 weeks on the Ryndam now I can start really looking forward to the April cruise. Good thing I've got one to look forward to in Dec. It's my 50th birthday so I need something to soften the blow:D. Good to see this roll call is pretty active. My Ryndam cruise roll call was really dead.

Welcome home lorekauf--how is the new job? happy 50th. It's a nice milestone--after this you can relax about age and just enjoy stuff!!

ML

Welcome home lorekauf--how is the new job? happy 50th. It's a nice milestone--after this you can relax about age and just enjoy stuff!!

ML

Thank you...and thank you for the other thread you started on the main board. That was so nice. The new job is ok so far and thankfully I'm not being pushed off the deep end just yet. I'm having trouble concentrating after being off for 18 days and returning with a cold.

Did any one else read the posting on CC about the use of US $ in Mexico?They are craking down because of all the laundering of drug money. Some places only allow $100.00 ( cash)some not at all, plastic is not a problem. They suggest bringing peso'sin case you run into problems. Just a heads up.

Allan & Marlane:(:confused:

Did any one else read the posting on CC about the use of US $ in Mexico?They are craking down because of all the laundering of drug money. Some places only allow $100.00 ( cash)some not at all, plastic is not a problem. They suggest bringing peso'sin case you run into problems. Just a heads up.

Allan & Marlane:(:confused:

I just got off the Ryndam on Oct.31 and we had 2 stops in Mexico, Cozumel and Costa Maya. I didn't have nay problem using USD and but did bring pesos just in case. It seemed to be a non issue although my largest purchase was $100.

Thank you...and thank you for the other thread you started on the main board. That was so nice. The new job is ok so far and thankfully I'm not being pushed off the deep end just yet. I'm having trouble concentrating after being off for 18 days and returning with a cold.

No problem--just wanted you to know we cared! Quite a few others posted too, so that was nice.

Tough coming back from a great cruise vacation, with a cold, and having to go to work, let alone a new job.

About 23 more working days for me and then I will be retired! A little early but I can't take it anymore...

Trying to get family/friends going on this cruise together on excursions but its like herding cats!!

ML

No problem--just wanted you to know we cared! Quite a few others posted too, so that was nice.

Tough coming back from a great cruise vacation, with a cold, and having to go to work, let alone a new job.

About 23 more working days for me and then I will be retired! A little early but I can't take it anymore...

Trying to get family/friends going on this cruise together on excursions but its like herding cats!!

ML

Oh...that's sweet...23 more working days! I think the way I spend I'll be working for 23 more years:D. Love the comment about herding cats....I could just imagine that. People wonder why I like cruising alone.....I don't have to manage anyone but myself....and some days that's all I can handle;).

Oh...that's sweet...23 more working days! I think the way I spend I'll be working for 23 more years:D. Love the comment about herding cats....I could just imagine that. People wonder why I like cruising alone.....I don't have to manage anyone but myself....and some days that's all I can handle;).

I will give them one more chance to try and coordinate (at Thanksgiving), then they are on their own!

We have been buying things we know we need while we are both working, but in January, we drop back to a sort of strict budget. As long as Doug works, we can still spend!

ML

Archived