Balcony Stateroom Boardwalk View

bamrod

You will enjoy 12323...and there is a bonus....walk aft down the hall and you will find a door to another balcony.....that gives you an ocean view and the aqua theater...

Which boardwalk view floors have this other balcony? Thanks~

what about cabins 10293 or 10295? these are NOT at the ocean end of this deck. Is the view obstructed in any way? Can you see the aqua theatre from here? What about oceanview and how much sun do you get here?

what about cabins 10293 or 10295? these are NOT at the ocean end of this deck. Is the view obstructed in any way? Can you see the aqua theatre from here? What about oceanview and how much sun do you get here?

These are not great cabins at all....you will have almost no privacy at all as they are the first 2 balconies located by the atrium. Here is a pix to get an idea what I am talking about.

2769834500104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

2004428880104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

The entire key to the Boardwalk balconies is to have one of the last few....preferably the very last by the Aquatheater 329/729...those offer UNBELIEVABLE views. IMO Royal kind of screwed up.....they should have either made the very last 2 cabins by the Aquatheater suites or classified the last few by the Aquatheater under a different category other than B1. There is a night and day difference between say 10329/10327 and 10293/10295...NIGHT AND DAY.

wow a picture's worth a thousand words.

Only 3 came to mind for me...

Oh My God!!!

I might have added one more had she had an itch though.

But that's still not as bad as me in Cabin 1100 on Serenade standing in my tighty whities looking over the balcony thinking I was all alone and hearing "Good Morning" from above. Mom was in the cabin to the left and I wasn't worried about her but I never thought to look up.

The entire key to the Boardwalk balconies is to have one of the last few....preferably the very last by the Aquatheater 329/729...those offer UNBELIEVABLE views. IMO Royal kind of screwed up.....they should have either made the very last 2 cabins by the Aquatheater suites or classified the last few by the Aquatheater under a different category other than B1. There is a night and day difference between say 10329/10327 and 10293/10295...NIGHT AND DAY.

Right now they're probably not worrying as they're getting such high premiums for all of the cabins. I wouldn't be surprised if they start separating the B's out like the D's: first 4 cabins are B1, highest price, then the next 8 are B2, and so on til you get to the ones that are farthest inside. They seem to be filling the Bs up on Allure still but maybe by next year it will slow down and they'll have to do something.

...But that's still not as bad as me in Cabin 1100 on Serenade standing in my tighty whities looking over the balcony thinking I was all alone and hearing "Good Morning" from above. Mom was in the cabin to the left and I wasn't worried about her but I never thought to look up.

I guess the WJ people can see you if you're at the railing. Thos BW balconies are like a store window to me. My kids would like it but I don't think I would. I don't like the level 8 balconies either because it seems so easy for people on the BW to look up at you.

Oh girl, Bonnie...we need to talk!

Taking your suggestion, I took the 11th deck. Got the last cabin on the end, in fact. I did see your pics from a similar thread and they look amazing! So amazing, that I'm thinking about cancelling my D1 oceanview for this cabin instead.

I wanted the B1 aft as my "second" cabin for a B2B (while keeping the Ocean view) but now I don't know what to do...:(

Would you have stayed on that boat for 14 days?

Oh girl, Bonnie...we need to talk!

Taking your suggestion, I took the 11th deck. Got the last cabin on the end, in fact. I did see your pics from a similar thread and they look amazing! So amazing, that I'm thinking about cancelling my D1 oceanview for this cabin instead.

I wanted the B1 aft as my "second" cabin for a B2B (while keeping the Ocean view) but now I don't know what to do...:(

Would you have stayed on that boat for 14 days?

Would I have stayed on that "boat" for a B2B? In a heartbeat! :D I have told many of my friends that the ship could have sat docked at Ft. Lauderdale the entire week and it STILL would have been the best cruise I was ever on! ;)

As far as your D1 cabin, I looked at Oasis/Allure as a novelty, so even though I always try to sail in an extended oceanview balcony(usually aft) on most ships, I was anxious to try something different on Oasis/Allure...hence the Boardwalk balcony cabin (10729) where I could see it all...the Boardwalk, the Aqua Theater, and the wake. I was completely happy with the decision too, but in the case of your back-to-back, you can have the best of both worlds by doing one week in the D1 and one week in the B1 (and being on deck 11 you have that public deck space at the end of the hallway you can visit for lounging with full ocean views). Another option would be to get an oceanview balcony on deck 11 toward the aft (either a D3 or a D7) and then you can have your ocean view but easy access to use the public deck space for your Aqua Theatre view. There are so many choices, it is hard to come to any decision, isn't it? ;) One thing I can say is that I don't believe there are any "bad" choices. Just choosing to be ON the ship is the most important decision you have to make! :D

We just returned today from Allure 14321 (D1). We are fans of ocean view balconies normally & decided to give this a try since it is unique to this class of ship. I have to say, we were really missing that peaceful, private ocean view. The boardwalk is always active & there is always music playing....from early morning to late night. Just not very relaxing. I really didn't like the idea of looking across at all the other balconies either....its sort of like staying in a hotel & looking at another hotel rather than having a view of the ocean. Yes, Deck 14 has issues with the view....we could see the water but we were too high up to see the horizon...We could see the aqua theater okay & the jumbo screens nicely but it was just a bit too active for us...often there were blaring announcements going on when games were being played on the basketball court, etc....however, if the door was shut & locked (sealed), it was very quiet. There was little to no noise coming from the deck above us (which was the mini golf). The private deck was nice at the end of our hallway...very little use by others but there was evidence that people used it for smoking cigs & cigars which I'm sure would be annoying to some folks...especially those in the oceanview cabin just to the right...hmmm.

I think our cabin selection was the only slight disappointment for us because The Allure is absolutely awesome, gorgeous, spotless & so much fun! Unbelievable service & food. The staff is just amazing & it is clear that they only have the "cream of the crop" RCCL employees.

We were in 9317 on the Feb 27 trip. It was a very cool experience, watching the zipliners, seeing the sea out the back of the ship, being able to see the shows from the aqua theater, watching the kids play with the clowns in the afternoons. But it was very, very noisy. We were directly above Rita's Cantina and on the night of the parties it was really loud. I do agree with the previous poster, it was like you were not at sea. I am glad we had this stateroom but if I go on the Allure in the future, and I feel sure that I will, we will have an outside or an outside balcony.

And THIS is the view from 10729...

2872959330036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I have 3 consecutive rooms beginning with 11729 for Thanksgiving week. So glad to see a picture from this side and we will have this view but a deck above! Thanks again!

View from 11729

2829990120104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

View from 11717

2203479260104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

I love this location.....lots of excitement, fun and people watching.....LOVE the action. However the BW cabins may not be for everyone....if you are a more a quiet private person that likes to sit on your balcony and enjoy a book then you will most likely not be happy.

For the people who have stayed in the BW balconies. Did you watch the aqua theater shows from your balcony or did you see the aqua theater shows from the seatting below?

I am wondering if we do the BW balconies (ie 11327, 10327 or 9327) would our cabin be to high to see any of the shows?

Thsnks.

Cindy

For the people who have stayed in the BW balconies. Did you watch the aqua theater shows from your balcony or did you see the aqua theater shows from the seatting below?

I am wondering if we do the BW balconies (ie 11327, 10327 or 9327) would our cabin be to high to see any of the shows?

Thsnks.

Cindy

Cindy ~ we had cabin 10321 5 cabins from the aft and watched from our balcony and also watched from the seating below. Nice viewing from up above on the balcony. Was able to take great photos of the show from there as well. I think I would choose deck 10 or 11.

We are staying in 10327 on the Allure in April. I picked deck 10 because it DID NOT have a public viewing deck at the aft end. I didn't want a ton of people walking past my cabin to go out on that deck and they weren't in one of the cabins in that area. Also, consider that there is NO smoking on the Boardwalk balconies unlike the Ocean view balconies so there is no smoke to smell in and around your cabin especially if you have kids. The music, the Aqua theater, and the people watching will make it a fun and lively experience. We cannot wait!!!

We are staying in 10327 on the Allure in April. I picked deck 10 because it DID NOT have a public viewing deck at the aft end. I didn't want a ton of people walking past my cabin to go out on that deck and they weren't in one of the cabins in that area. Also, consider that there is NO smoking on the Boardwalk balconies unlike the Ocean view balconies so there is no smoke to smell in and around your cabin especially if you have kids. The music, the Aqua theater, and the people watching will make it a fun and lively experience. We cannot wait!!!

From what I understand the public area on deck 11 is not very well known. I had no idea it was even there after being on the ship in January. I think it is a pretty well kept secret. However, I could be wrong.

Cindy ~ we had cabin 10321 5 cabins from the aft and watched from our balcony and also watched from the seating below. Nice viewing from up above on the balcony. Was able to take great photos of the show from there as well. I think I would choose deck 10 or 11.

Thanks Emily. We are leaning towards deck 10 BW balcony.

Cindy

Thanks Emily. We are leaning towards deck 10 BW balcony.

Cindy

Cindy we do have deck 11 booked 11325 for Allure in Sept.

It should be a good comparison to see just how much traffic we get walking by our cabin like Sadie suggested might happen. :)

Archived