John Heald and CC

golfadj

For the past 6 months or so on an almost daily basis there have been letters posted in his blog from "so called" members of CC that show CC in a terrible light.

There was one again today.

A few months ago there was a letter in his blog where someone took comments I made about a CD rather out of context.

I am coming to the conclusion that he is doing this purposely to remove or reduce any influence that CC has.

Curious if anyone agrees or disagrees with me.

I disagree that CC has any influence in any way, and if it does, I don't think it should. Every cruise line should treat all customers the same, and not be partial to a particular group.

I read John's Blog on a daily basis, and frankly, I think he's showing the world how ungrateful and snooty SOME group members can be, and is using it as a reminder that bad manners are always tacky, no matter what group you feel you belong to, because most of those posts demand something because they are a CC member.

For the past 6 months or so on an almost daily basis there have been letters posted in his blog from "so called" members of CC that show CC in a terrible light.

A few months ago there was a letter in his blog where someone took comments I made about a CD rather out of context.

I am coming to the conclusion that he is doing this purposely to remove or reduce any influence that CC has.

I don't think it is John (or one of the 'beards') but I do think that there are comments being posted that are attributed to CC members in order to cast CC in a bad light. Or maybe not CC so much...many of those posts or comments seem to be linked to Hot button topics (like smuggling)...so I think that it is someone with an agenda.

I'm sorry, but "those" posts/comments are always so thinly veiled...it's obvious that they are just trying to stir things up. I wish John would ignore them. :rolleyes:

What really gets me is how some people fawn over the guy and practically fall over themselves to tell him how awful those CC people are.

Just my 2 cents.

I think he is going way out of his way to continue to show that CC members are arrogant jerks.

I do not think he is going out of his way. All you need to do is take one look at the comments on his blog to know that SOME members of CC are arrogant jerks. When the post/comment starts, "Hi John, my name is XXX and I am a member of Cruise Critic and I demand this or that or free XXXX", how else is one supposed to take it?

There are some people here that doubt and dispute every thing he says. He could say that Carnival ships will sail on water in 2012, and you will find people here that will say he is wrong.

Yep you hit the nail on the head. He has a personal vendetta against you:rolleyes:

You have obviously never met the man. He doesn't have a mean or vindictive bone in his body. He bends over backwards to help people and still catches hell for it in someway or another. Some people really need to grow up and act the age their picture portrays them to be.:rolleyes:

P.S. Go ahead and coment on Sloth, he doesn't care. ;)

I wish John would ignore them.

I agree. I really wish he would also ignore all the people requesting (begging for) free stuff just because it is their birthday, anniversary, graduation, etc. and just refer them to Bon Voyage where they can pay for the item like everyone else.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Originally Posted by golfadj viewpost.gif

I think he is going way out of his way to continue to show that CC members are arrogant jerks. Most are! Pot meet Kettle.

As a result many members are embarrased to talk about CC on Carnival ships. Yep!

I think the majority of posts on here are thoughtful and helpful and I have learned a lot from the boards.

Are a few posters arrogant jerks, yes but definitely a small minority.

John is very nice when he talks about CC and gives more of his time than most people deserve. When somebody contacts him complaining and says they are going to use CC against him or Carnival, he should react with a go for it attitude. I just started reading CC and love the reviews ect. But there are some people on here who need a life. If that bothers you, well you are one of them.:D

I usually have your back, but in this case, to think that cruise critic has any influence at all is misleading.

I mean, are we not the ones who tell people that less than 1 or 2 percent of cruisers even know about cruise critic?

If only 1 or 2 percent even know about cruise critic, how can that number have any influence?

John has helped me with a few small things through his blog and I've always asked nicely, been very gracious, and upon return from my cruise went back and thanked him for all of his help. He truly is a nice man and can get things done.

I didn't mention CC at all when making the requests and never will.

This thread will poof shortly...any time posters talk about CC or its members in a negative light, it happens. But OP, I don't know if he's doing it purposely. The attitude you see on his blog is the same attitude that is displayed here by some members daily so its really not that hard to believe.

I don't think it is JH doing it to spite anyone. I do think some people post on his blog as alias's, trying to make CC look bad.

As far as being recognized, on my first cruise the CD kept holding his hands up making two C's talking about "THEM." I had no idea what he was talking about, until I later found this sight. He did refer to them in a good light, so we are heard.

John is very nice when he talks about CC and gives more of his time than most people deserve. When somebody contacts him complaining and says they are going to use CC against him or Carnival, he should react with a go for it attitude. I just started reading CC and love the reviews ect. But there are some people on here who need a life. If that bothers you, well you are one of them.:D

For a newbie to CC your take is spot on!

I agree with you. Same thing happened to me back in April when I returned from our Dream cruise. Had a problem with a yelling waiter. Posted it here with his picture. Some lady, who I had no idea who she was, copied my post into John's blog.

I was told by a friend here that my post was on Johns' blog. Went over and read it. I posted on Johns blog to him and gave him my email. We discussed the problem and that was the end of it. He did seem to not believe me but he said he was not disbeliefing what I said. So I let it go.

Yeah. It's all about you and CC.

I could not disagree more. I have been here on CC for many years..........things have changed. Sadly I have read many many rude post. So many that when I recomend this site to friends new to cruising I find myself warning them first. Still a wonderful site with great info but lots of grumpys too. Why do some waist so much time looking for trouble, problems, anything to b@*&^ about? LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT!!:)

I agree with you. Same thing happened to me back in April when I returned from our Dream cruise. Had a problem with a yelling waiter. Posted it here with his picture. Some lady, who I had no idea who she was, copied my post into John's blog.

I was told by a friend here that my post was on Johns' blog. Went over and read it. I posted on Johns blog to him and gave him my email. We discussed the problem and that was the end of it. He did seem to not believe me but he said he was not disbeliefing what I said. So I let it go.

For what it's worth: Unless the person posted your material under the Fair Use provisions of copyright law, (commentary) technically, what you post here is your copyright. But, if someone just copied what you wrote and posted it there, "Hey, look at this." it would probably violate your copyright. Nobody has permission to copy your work and post it on his blog and vice versa. If you write to him and ask that your copyrighted material be removed he must, under the DMCA (look it up), remove it.

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/9-a.html

http://ipwatchdog.com/2009/07/06/sample-dmca-take-down-letter/id=4501/

Archived