Forward Facing Oceanview Cabins

will773

I am looking into a cruise on the Allure in June. The cheapest option is a category F cabin.

This cabin is oceanview, but has a window facing forward, towards the bow. Does anyone have any information or pictures about these cabins? I am wondering what they will be like because of the slope of the front of the ship.

I have never cruised on the Allure, but I have had a forward facing cabin. We loved it. The first day or two it was quite rocky, but I grew to love that about it. I understand these newer ships are more stable, so it may not be any problem at all. I would book one again, if that helps.

Oh, and they were reminding us to keep the sheer curtains closed at all times...;)

I stayed in one on Freedom and the wall did slope where the window is,though not much, I think it was room 6200 or soemthing like that, it was toward the muiddle of the ship. I thought it was a nice cabin, nice to see where you were going.

I haven't stayed in one but I did have the opportunity to go in one on Oasis when our group did a cabin crawl.

Because the wall with the windows at the front of the ship had a slope, it actually made the room feel much larger than the OV room we had toured on the side of the ship.

I haven't stayed in one but I did have the opportunity to go in one on Oasis when our group did a cabin crawl.

Because the wall with the windows at the front of the ship had a slope, it actually made the room feel much larger than the OV room we had toured on the side of the ship.

Are these rooms actually any larger than the other staterooms? How is the view out the window? The window itself is sloped, so does this affect the view at all?

Are these rooms actually any larger than the other staterooms? How is the view out the window? The window itself is sloped, so does this affect the view at all?

The best I can describe the spacious feel would be to tell you to imagine a regular OV room then take the forward-facing wall and push the bottom of the wall forward (maybe 3 or 4 feet). The floor space was increased but because the wall is sloped it's not really completely usable floor space (i hope that make sense) It did make the room feel much larger.

The whole wall, windows and all, are at the same angle, and the view was out over the bow of the ship and to the water ahead of the ship.

Edited by chef_christoph

Havent had a forward cabin on Oasis but our oceanview cabin on Navigator was right at the front of the ship looking out above the helipad ,we loved it , we didnt suffer any bad motion even though the sea was a bit choppy , our cabin was right in the middle of those front cabins so we didnt have any slope to our room but i did peep into one that was further along the front and that had a slope and it made the cabin look slightly larger than ours ,I personaly think its a great place to be , there was a notice up in our cabin asking us to draw our curtains in the evenings when we have the lights on to prevent glare to the crew on the bridge , our last cruise was in a balcony cabin on Freedom and i must say we kind of missed our little oceanview at the front of the ship on Navigator .

• 6 years later...

Recently returned from an Alaska cruise on Royal Caribbean's Enchantement of the Sea .The cruise was very good however their treatment of us getting off the boat was a disgrace.My wife and I are in our eighties and we were rousted off the boat at eight thirty in the morning .We don't move as fast as we used to and to be forced off the boat at that hour prevented us from taking our meds.properly and doing the other things that old people need to do after breakfast was distressing. It appears that once they have finished the tour and have your money they are finished with you.

This will be in our report to our seniors organization. We will not use them again.

• 4 years later...

I've booked forward-facing OV cabins twice, but not yet sailed in one -- the first cruise was cancelled and the second isn't until next year. One thing anyone considering this kind of cabin needs to know is that you must keep the blackout curtains closed at night, unless all the lights in your cabin are turned off. Otherwise the light would interfere with vision from the bridge. I don't see this as a problem; if I want to look out at night, I'll make sure that the cabin lights are off.