Solstice - Molecular Bar

cruzbynite

Hands down the best cocktails on the ship. They must be made by Ricardo. If you are going on the Solstice soon, look at him and say, "I was told to tell you Shut the front door.

You will get the cutest smile and trust me ladies (and gents if it applies) he is easy on the eyes.

Hands down the best cocktails on the ship. They must be made by Ricardo. If you are going on the Solstice soon, look at him and say, "I was told to tell you Shut the front door.

You will get the cutest smile and trust me ladies (and gents if it applies) he is easy on the eyes.

Hi, :)I agree about the drinks but I sailed with Kelby and he was easy

on the eyes too:D and he is an AWESOME bartender as well;)

Sounds like a place that's hard to go wrong. Thanks for the tips- am sailing on Sunday!

Meg

Meg, have a fantastic time:):D The Molecular Bar has 14 drinks on the

menu. They are all truely "Spcecialty Drinks". I know some of the

folks try to get the bartenders to make "normal ones" but this is

not the bar for a "Gin & Tonic" or a "Jack & Coke"......

I tried to taste all of them when I was on Solstice back in

September and some I liked, a few I LOVED and others I didn't really

like too much. But you will see all the ingredients listed for every

drink on the menu too and so you can pick and choose whatever

looks good to you.:)

Sounds like a place that's hard to go wrong. Thanks for the tips- am sailing on Sunday!

Meg

Have fun Meg. Try the Lucky Cat and the Autumn Breeze at the Molecular. I was on the premium package so I was able to try many of the drinks. The G3 is a gin based martini and that is good to. Try not to combine too many different types of liquors though in one night. Ricardo is the man.

I recall that the bar was there when Solstice was first introduced in 2008 but was not the "molecular bar" we know today. It was a very underutilized "pass through bar" next to the art gallery. I believe it was converted to the Molecular Bar (Junior Merino - the Liquid Chef) at the beginning of 2010 when all the Celebrity Life events were introduced. It's really fun to watch (and try) all the unique cocktails made with liquid nitrogen and unique ingredients!

Sorry to sound dumb, but we were on Solstice in 2009 and don't recall the Molecular Bar - where is (or what was) this ?:confused:

Deck 5 next to the Art Gallery and it opens at 5:00pm so if you had

walked by it earlier you might not have even realized it was there.

Portside of it is Bistro on 5 and Starboard is Cafe Al Bacio.

Thanks All - I noticed an area that I guess could have been used as a 'bar' near the art gallery, but yep while we were there I never noticed anything going on. i'll be sure to look out for some activity around there this summer ... 5 pm you say ??

Thanks All - I noticed an area that I guess could have been used as a 'bar' near the art gallery, but yep while we were there I never noticed anything going on. i'll be sure to look out for some activity around there this summer ... 5 pm you say ??

I was on Solstice in September and Eclipse in November and both

cruises it opened at 5:00pm.:)

I too second the Molecular Bar as a place to try new drinks. We sailed last summer on the Solstice with Kelby as our bartender and he did a great job with the drinks. Junior Merino was on hand for the first part of the cruise and it was interesting talking to him about the drinks.

Be sure sure to try Junior's "20th Anniversary Martini" which you can get at either the Molecular Bar or at the Martini Bar.

Archived