Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

The fitness center, Deck 9 and 10 Fwd. Unlike the other class of Carnival ships we’ve been on, the gym has three level over two decks.

First level

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Second Level

DSC_0135.jpg

Glad to find another review from you. Best wishes to Tracy on her upcoming training. I joined the gym after your last review and while I didn't lose any weight, I am in much better shape. My lower back feels so much better and over all feel more alive. DH and I went on our big cruise in Jan and tried to work out but got sea sick. I have never had problems on a ship before but trying to do the eplitical while the ship was moving did not work out for us.

Wow outstanding review! Thanks for all the great pictures.

The pride is a beautiful ship.

We are leaving in 75 days for our cruise on the Splendor, and I love looking at pics and reading reviews prior to leaving on a cruise!

This is exactly the thing to set the mood.

I just made our room reservations last night for courtyard marriott in Long Beach. We got a park and sail deal which will save us some significant cash on parking cost at the terminal. They also throw in free breakfast for 2 people in each room and a shuttle to and from the pier. We are driving in and gas is going up up up, so anything we can save on is nice.

Can you tell I am excited? Sorry your review got me going! :)

Thank you soccersharon. Everyone is doing fine. Tracy is leaving on Monday so there's excitement and sadness in our household. :confused: Mike

The 6 months will be hard but from your reviews I can tell your love for each other will keep you strong. You can always talk with your friends on CC.

I was on the Carnival Pride in October of 2008 and they didn't have the Serenity area (wish they had). I am sailing on one of her sister ships the Spirit in April 2012 and I am hoping they add a Serenity area on that ship...keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, enjoying this thread and the pics...keep it coming...thanks

Cindy

Thank you Cindy

Yaaa! Glad it's here. Best to your family Mike. Looking forward to reading the rest of your review

and seeing all the good looking people you met.;)

GREAT PIX !

To a prior poster who worried about the Pride being a "party ship", Like all entry level cruises, it depends when you go.

Leave during spring break period and it probably will be a party ship , otherwise not especially.

Hi Richard, nice to hear from you. Keep your eyes peeled because you might just find yourself in my review. :D

Mike, don't know if you remember me from your lst review, but my DH and both my DS'es are police officers and I know the sacrifices that they and the families make, so good wishes to all of you. I will be anxious to hear how you liked the Spirit class vs. the Destiny class. We ONLY cruise the Spirit class now, specifically the Miracle since she cruises from just 20 minutes away from us in Manhattan. Favorite would be the Spirit. We've never been on the Pride, but we sailed "neck and neck" with her in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean when we were on the Dream! :eek::eek: Thanks again for sharing another cruise with us. Can't believe you are on page 6 and haven't even gotten to your cabin yet!!! ;) Cindy, I was hoping the Miracle would have the Serenity area added to it between our cruise last May and our next one this May. :(

Absolutely I remember you Karen, you posted about 20 times on my B2Bs review. Nice to hear from you again and thank you. Mike

Now I really want to cruise the Pride.. Beautiful ship! Should have done it while she was out here, but I learned my lesson.. Thats why I'm doing Splendor this summer, I have an idea she may be doing Alaska soon and maybe we will get a different ship.. Hopeful anyway. But dont want her to move before I can cruise her locally..

Thanks Litewait, I see you have Paradise coming soon followed by Spendor. Here wishing you a fantastic time on both of them. Mike

Here is the O2 activity highlights for the week. I also brought back schedules for Camp Carnival and Circle C for ages (2-5), (6-8), (9-11) and (12-14) which I will post later. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of either of the clubs.

Click on the link below, it will bring you 4shared.com.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in (for my computer) 20 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 15 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

O2_Club.pdf

Well, I'm now checking this message board every day again to see your latest updates! I so loved your first review, and am enjoying this one just as much.

Good wishes and best of luck to Tracy in pursuit of her new career - and kudos to you and your children for coping with the long road ahead of not having her home with you. I hope the time goes by quickly for all of you.

Thank you from both of us. Mike & Tracy

Mike, you only started this yesterday and are already on page 6. Wow, lots of followers!

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Enjoying this one as much as your B2B2B2B one.

Thank you mississauga, nice to hear from you again. Mike