Room with a view...

Salsa Dancer

I'm working on finding a hotel for 2 nights in September and would love any suggestions. I like nice architecture and my husband would love a room with a great view...maybe a terrace? Of course, I'd like a place that gets good reviews and isn't prized crazy high. Maybe I'm dreaming....

Thanks in advance.

I'm working on finding a hotel for 2 nights in September and would love any suggestions. I like nice architecture and my husband would love a room with a great view...maybe a terrace? Of course, I'd like a place that gets good reviews and isn't prized crazy high. Maybe I'm dreaming....

Thanks in advance.

Was there a particular location in Spain you were looking for ?

The folks were asking WHICH city in Spain you are visiting?

From the areas you mentioned we can guess you will be in Barcelona. I really like the pedestrian street above Placa Catalunya called Rambla(what locals call a wide pedestrian blvd.) Catalunya. It has outdoor cafes, leafy trees, pretty architecture and several nice hotels. It is not the same as the touristy Las Ramblas but is in close walking distance if you feel you must go there.

I have stayed at the Onix Rambla and across the street is the Praktik Rambla which others have given positive reviews.

From the areas you mentioned we can guess you will be in Barcelona. I really like the pedestrian street above Placa Catalunya called Rambla(what locals call a wide pedestrian blvd.) Catalunya. It has outdoor cafes, leafy trees, pretty architecture and several nice hotels. It is not the same as the touristy Las Ramblas but is in close walking distance if you feel you must go there.

I have stayed at the Onix Rambla and across the street is the Praktik Rambla which others have given positive reviews.

The info on Rambla Catalunya versus Las Ramblas is good to know. I've actually been looking at Praktik Rambla...it seems more old world with very cool architecture! Thanks for the info.

Hotel Colon with a room at the front of the hotel gives a good view of the cathdral and cathedral square.

The down side is that at certain times of the day it can be quite noisy but not really noisy at night.

Hi Carol!

We had such a great time on the Noordam TA last year, we are doing the TA again, this time on the Nieuw Amsterdam (April 3). This year we are staying at the Colon post cruise. Last year we stayed at the W Barcelona. It had a great view, but it also had a lot of problems and and it was far from everything (we should of took your advice...live & learn).

Hope all is well with you! Give my regards to Bob.

Bob

Hi Carol!

We had such a great time on the Noordam TA last year, we are doing the TA again, this time on the Nieuw Amsterdam (April 3). This year we are staying at the Colon post cruise. Last year we stayed at the W Barcelona. It had a great view, but it also had a lot of problems and and it was far from everything (we should of took your advice...live & learn).

Hope all is well with you! Give my regards to Bob.

Bob

Hi, good to hear from you. Glad you are doing the TA again. Hope you enjoy the hotel Colon.

By the way, Bob quit smoking in January. Who would have thought that was possible

Regards to Marcy

Carol

Archived