Any Falmouth Reviews yet??????

lrcruising

Wow such as rush, for something people have waited such a long time for.

No I have not been there but can really imagine what the reviews will say.

There will be a Diamonds International there, lots of begging cab drivers, and people that will offer hair braiding, apart from that there will be a few shops and lots of "coming soon" signs, Including a Hard Rock or a Carlos and Charlies.

The trouble with the Caribbean is that all the ports begin to look the same, I do love the hot sun, but find the European destinations are much more interesting.

Wow such as rush, for something people have waited such a long time for.

There will be a Diamonds International there, lots of begging cab drivers, and people that will offer hair braiding, apart from that there will be a few shops and lots of "coming soon" signs, Including a Hard Rock or a Carlos and Charlies.

The trouble with the Caribbean is that all the ports begin to look the same, I do love the hot sun, but find the European destinations are much more interesting.

Wow, Chip.... If you can't answer the question why bother replying? Especially with a snide attitude?!?

We are sailing on Allure of the Seas on the March 27th sailing. Right now, that's the first scheduled sailing of Allure which will call at Falmouth, and, just as the OP, I'm also anxiously awaiting reviews. I see absolutely no harm in the OP's question, and if you're incapable of answering it, why respond?

Handbags at dawn it is then. Do you need a ladder to get down from your high horse.

I find it surprising that you call others rude, and yet you called my comment snide.

Pot and Kettle come to mind.

Nobody said that reviews should not be keenly anticipated or needed, but in the mean time there is nothing wrong with suggesting what they might say,

did you make the same comments when people suggested what the Allure might be like, or now that people are making suggestions for the names of the new ship, No.

So where in the rules does it say that I cannot imagine what Falmouth will be like, anyway, this is not as serious as you make out.

If I have offended you I apologise.

Edit: The funny thing is I have just noticed we will both be on The Allure on the same sailing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP was looking for reviews of Falmouth. You simply offered what you think will be there. We are all entitled to our opinion (both in general and in terms of what will be at Falmouth). That is especially true in my world - I do live in the USA and we have freedom of speech here. But the OP did not ask "What do you think will be in Falmouth." He or she asked for reviews of the port. A review and an opinion of what the port will probably inevitably become are two different things...

I hope he is wrong but unfortunately having been recently at the ports built by cruise lines, Mahogaony Bay, Costa Maya, Grand Turk, Chip is probably right.....

Thank you for your support, but I do not think some people will allow us to be "probably" right, we might have to wait until we are right or totally wrong. :D

Calm down now ucfknight07, it is my attempt at humour :D

I hope he is wrong but unfortunately having been recently at the ports built by cruise lines, Mahogaony Bay, Costa Maya, Grand Turk, Chip is probably right.....

A significant amount of money has been invested in this port, so many await the first reviews. It was nice reading the locals response in the article, especially the 82 year-old.

I would be interested in seeing what other shore excursions they offer. Good Hope Estate doesn't sound very interesting but the Martha Brae rafting sounds nice.

A significant amount of money has been invested in this port, so many await the first reviews. It was nice reading the locals response in the article, especially the 82 year-old.

I would be interested in seeing what other shore excursions they offer. Good Hope Estate doesn't sound very interesting but the Martha Brae rafting sounds nice.

Don't forget when reading the first reviews that it is still a work in progress. It won't be complete for a while. I am going to be there in December and I don't expect even then that conditions will represent what the port will be like in several years.

Don't forget when reading the first reviews that it is still a work in progress. It won't be complete for a while. I am going to be there in December and I don't expect even then that conditions will represent what the port will be like in several years.

I agree. First reviews are often the hardest critiques. I would be happy with a "has potential" review. By the time we sail next August they should have a lot more to offer, but I am curious.

Wow having seen the first pictures of Falmouth, it is obvious that I was wrong and need to offer an apology.

The port is nowhere near as ready as I indicated it might be, the possibility of "coming soon" is way off, my post should have read as " coming eventually". Although it does appear that the taxi drivers have quickly learnt that a ship full of so called "rich" tourist are targets for very high cab fares, they are trying to charge a week money for an hours journey. Hopefully things will settle down soon, but i think the ships are going there too soon.

Wow having seen the first pictures of Falmouth, it is obvious that I was wrong and need to offer an apology.

The port is nowhere near as ready as I indicated it might be, the possibility of "coming soon" is way off, my post should have read as " coming eventually". Although it does appear that the taxi drivers have quickly learnt that a ship full of so called "rich" tourist are targets for very high cab fares, they are trying to charge a week money for an hours journey. Hopefully things will settle down soon, but i think the ships are going there too soon.

Of course this port was rushed as RCI has millions invested and they want to see a return on their investment.

For the life of me I don't understand WHY they chose this location to make sure a principle port - most of the tourist destinations are an hour drive away, the city has building restrictions, the island is notorious for building delays....hmmm this is sounding like Labadee doesn't it?

Maybe the purpose of this port is to keep guests onboard the ship so they spend less time off the boat?

Weighing in here, having just got back from Voyager's first visit .

NO DI or other shops yet, just selected craft and food vendors at the largely unfinished pier.

As noted on other reviews, the people gave us a rousing and warm welcome. Even in Ocho Rios, which stands to lose income to Falmouth, the people were very excited about our arrival.

Falmouth has a very long way to go, but what RCCL has put up, looks very nice. The potential is just wonderful, and we are looking forward to a return visit in a year or two to see what it is like. Some people may be very disappointedat the rawness of this port, but there are lots of excursions available without a lot of ado. Our only problem was waiting i n La Scala for our group to be called, knowing there was a big party going on outside, but we had to wait. We still had a great time !

Archived