Where in the world is the Splendor?

gargoyle999

Isn't Splendor going through a "makeover" right now due to her infamous "incident"?

She left San Francisco and has been doing sea trials, is do into Long Beach any time, with Travel Agent event onboard tomorrow. And no, I haven't seen her since the first 12 hours or so. And Paradise is at the pier now, so should have to wait until she sails...Weather very foggy/smoggy on Long Beach cam... EM

She's probably in a radio hole.

The AIS system that we're watching is really for ships to see other ships. We can watch because some folks on land are receiving the signal from the ships and sending it via the internet to the marinetraffic web site. If the ship get's too far from land for the signal to be received, poof the ship disappears. There is also not consistent coverage as it's all volunteer. You'll notice a coverage gap between Lompoc and Goleta.

Check out the FAQ section of http://www.marinetraffic.com for a much better explaination.

Steve

Can anyone find the Splendor on the marine traffic website? I haven't been able to find it all day. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.[/quot

I was told maybe it was the weather but other ships even CArnival ships are showing up. My husband said maybe it sunk, I told him that wasn't funny. john said all is good other then the weather is horrible, large swells and high winds. Hope it getsover that before we get on.

Can anyone find the Splendor on the marine traffic website? I haven't been able to find it all day. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Splendor is now visible on the Marine Traffic website. Right now she's about 65 miles off the coast of Baja, between Rosarito and Ensenada. And the Paradise apparently was finally allowed to depart Long Beach so the dock is now available for Splendor.

Splendor is now visible on the Marine Traffic website. Right now she's about 65 miles off the coast of Baja, between Rosarito and Ensenada. And the Paradise apparently was finally allowed to depart Long Beach so the dock is now available for Splendor.

I believe the ships have transponders similar to aircraft and I think they just turned off the transponders off while they were doing their sea tests.

And yes their back on the radar screen....lol :D... next stop LB

Did the Paradise leave later than 530pm? Mom, sis and niece are on her.

Weather is pretty bad here in So. Cal. Raining all night and tomorrow. Clearing on Sun. and Mon.

Can anyone find the Splendor on the marine traffic website? I haven't been able to find it all day. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

The ships a ground on the shore of this uncharted deserted Island.....

What do you expect with the skipper and Gilligan onboard.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Gilligans_Island.html

Sing along everyone...

Archived