Potable water on Fascination

luvn2cruzzz

So who told you this?? Doesnt sound likely to me.

Water on the ships is filtered and good to drink.

Just went to a dinner and someone there told me she was on the ship earlier this month and that there was something in her cabin telling her not to drink the water. Hard to believe but she said someone else on the ship told her she has been on 7 Carnival cruises and that was her experience on all of them. Sounds crazy, I know.

I've actually read the same thing about the Fascination. We cruise on her in two months. We've never had an issue on other Carnival ships, but I do remember reading this a few times about this particular ship. I avtusll intended to google a bit, but I keep forgetting to do that. This thread reminded me again.

It's possible there was some kind of incident. If you're concerned, you can bring a water pitcher/filter. They're lightweight and easy to travel with. A good one will filter out bacteria and parasites (but may not filter out viruses).

I personally am happy to read the last two responses. It's bad enough that I have to carry on 7 diet dr peppers (have to gave one in the morning as they are far superior to carnival's coffee lol). I cannof imagine having to carry on water too.

I drink only water and never had any problems on any ship until we were on the Fascination. It tasted bad and was even detectable in the lemonade. I solved the problem by asking the cabin steward for an extra bucket of ice ( I let it melt down and used it for drinking water in the cabin). The water for the ice is double-filtered so had no strange taste. I noticed it each time we were on the Fascination. Loved that ship other than that small issue :)

Just went to a dinner and someone there told me she was on the ship earlier this month and that there was something in her cabin telling her not to drink the water. Hard to believe but she said someone else on the ship told her she has been on 7 Carnival cruises and that was her experience on all of them. Sounds crazy, I know.

She's having delusions.,

I've cruised Fascination 5 times in the last 6 years and the water is perfectly fine.

As on all Carnival ships, the water is pristine.....

It is crazy......

I drink only water and never had any problems on any ship until we were on the Fascination. It tasted bad and was even detectable in the lemonade. I solved the problem by asking the cabin steward for an extra bucket of ice ( I let it melt down and used it for drinking water in the cabin). The water for the ice is double-filtered so had no strange taste. I noticed it each time we were on the Fascination. Loved that ship other than that small issue :)

Uh, what do we think this ice is made from, boys and girls? That's right little Timmy, it is made from the same potable water that comes out of the taps, is mixed in the lemonade and iced tea on the lido deck and all other outlets for water.

You betcha, I'm sarcastic. The water system on virtually all cruise ships operates in the same way. It uses reverse osmosis filtration to convert sea water to potable water. There is a minimum level of a sterilizing agent such a chlorine that must be maintained in the tanks and the lines. I have, on rare occasions, been able to detect a bit of a taste of "bilgyness" in the water on a ship, but this is rare. Most of the water on the ships tastes, well, tasteless as good water should. Bottled water addicts are used to tasting all the salt and chemicals added to make the water taste like Coke or Pepsi think it should.

Archived