Voyager - JS or GS for 3 adults?

I'm struggling here - we are diamond on RCCL but this time are taking our 20 year old daughter with us on a cruise on the med out of venice. My husband and I usually book aft D1 because we love the large balcony. Now that there will be 3 of us, I'm looking at JS or GS. JS 1394 is available - and I would love the balcony - but is that room big enough for 3 adults? Otherwise, the GS is available on the side for $800 more (total). Recommendations?

I'm struggling here - we are diamond on RCCL but this time are taking our 20 year old daughter with us on a cruise on the med out of venice. My husband and I usually book aft D1 because we love the large balcony. Now that there will be 3 of us, I'm looking at JS or GS. JS 1394 is available - and I would love the balcony - but is that room big enough for 3 adults? Otherwise, the GS is available on the side for $800 more (total). Recommendations?

JS#1394 does have the large balcony but it is a connecting cabin...With the 3 of you and only a price difference of $800 (total) considering the larger cabin, bathroom and perks of a GS I would opt for the GS and not hesitate...JMHO and what I would consider if in your situation....

:cool:Aft JS is big enough. Had four on JS Aft to Alaska. You did not mention how many days. Get extra perks in GS which could be well worth $800 if that is not issue:cool:

My vote is for the GS as well. I've sailed in both a JS and GS and you just can't beat the extras that comes with suites - priority tender, concierge lounge, not having to wait in line at the shore excursion desk (CL can take care of excursions too!), no $20 charge for a missing towel (suite guests can get unlimited and untracked # of towels), designated pool lounge area, access to Portofinos to sit for breaskfast and lunch, no waiting in line for ice show tickets + private seating for the show, etc. Definitely well worth the extra $$ for me.

We were in 1694 (the twin) with our 6'5" son March of 2010. We didn't hear the neighbors in the connecting cabin. The aft has the advantage of seeing the port no matter which side you dock. With the super large balcony we had plenty of room. The table is large enough for breakfast and playing cards. We had ample storage (I bring a lot of stuff!) so if you'd rather spend the $800 elsewhere the Aft JS will work just fine.

P.S. Karen S: Go AIR FORCE!

We were in 1694 (the twin) with our 6'5" son March of 2010. We didn't hear the neighbors in the connecting cabin. The aft has the advantage of seeing the port no matter which side you dock. With the super large balcony we had plenty of room. The table is large enough for breakfast and playing cards. We had ample storage (I bring a lot of stuff!) so if you'd rather spend the $800 elsewhere the Aft JS will work just fine.

P.S. Karen S: Go AIR FORCE!

Thanks geoblond....serving proudly for 22yrs and counting

I have also been in a connecting stateroom and rarely heard any noise from next door.

Travelalot2 - JS's are surprisingly roomy - I love the walk-in closet. But I'm a suite-aholic (GS, OS, RS) and have been spoiled by all the perks. :eek: Whatever choice you make, you're still gonna have a wonderful cruise!

I too have had 1394 and didn't hear a peep from the connecting cabin. I would think that it is plenty big enough for 3 people. It's much larger than a D1. (The third is going to be on a pullout couch no matter what.) Save the $ for those pricey excursions.

Having never been in a suite before, I was not aware of the extra perks with the GS. I do recall now seeing the reserved chairs near the pool for the suite guests. The other things are inviting as well. If only the GS was on the back - can't beat that view and extra large balcony!

• 3 months later...

We just returned from our med cruise so I thought I would follow-up this post with our thoughts (since I have found that helpful from others who have done that in the past).

We did change to the owners suite (same price as grand suite due to price drop) and I am so glad that we did. At first I was hesitant because of the smaller balcony (still larger than a "regular" side balcony on the Voyager but smaller than the grand suite's). We did use our balcony but only 1/20th of the amount of time we were in our room. I saw the grand suite and although very nice, the extra room in the owners suite for our group of 3 adults was significant and wonderful. The bathroom was perfect with the separate shower, jacuzzi tub and double sinks, the surround sound connected to the large plasma tv and stereo system was like we were at home and the large sectional sofa was great for all of us sitting on it conversing and relaxing. Some mornings we ordered room service for breakfast (which for suites is the same as what is offered in the dining room with eggs benedict, omelets, pancakes, etc.) and ate at the table - plenty of room. I also liked how the bar was set up. In the Grand suite, they take up room with a walkway between the back-bar and the counter. The owners suite does not have the walkway/counter part which saved space in the room. The amount of space provided on the back bar was more than enough for us. At first I thought the window in the dressing area by the king bed would be a waste, but, I used it daily as I got ready and could look out and seeing the beautiful sights of us pulling into or out of port. The sofa bed in the sectional that my daughter slept on was comfortable. The only bad side was that we all loved the room so much that no one wanted to leave it!

Archived