Car rentals Fll to Miami

bridedoll1026

We are looking to rent a car from Ft. Lauderdale airport & dropping off at Miami Airport the next day. I've noticed that Alamo has a free shuttle to the port after dropping the car off. Can anyone direct me to where I can get the best rates or if another agency has a shuttle to the port as well?

Be sure to join any car rental company's "Loyalty Club" (or whatever they may call it.)

Once you get your membership ID #, that's generally to whom they offer the best rates when booking online.

I happen to use Alamo's "Insiders Club" when renting, and have always enjoyed great rates in Florida.

Also...be sure to notice the location of the car rental office and how many shuttles you will need to take to get there and back. Alamo is located right at both airports and we use their shuttle to get to the cruise port -- a big convenience!

GOOD LUCK!

:)

NEW 2 CRUSIN,

Thank You so much for your input. I think that Alamo is the best choice too. Right now it looks like 10% & an upgrade from compact to midsize is the best that I can do but it still adds up to $90(with taxes) for one day. It just seems a little steep. Have fun on your cruise!

Both Avis and Hertz have downtown Miami locaitons that are very close to POM - a $10 cab ride if they will not offer a shuttle.

If you find another company at MIA with a great rate but no shuttle a cab to POM is only $24+tip. Good luck! :)

Archived