Celebrations???

pringle

Hi all,

Several years ago, we cruised to Hawaii on the Island Princess in November and as we had out "silver" wedding anniversary that year in July we were treated to champagne, flowers, canapes, photo & frame etc as a gift from Princess....do they still do this???

Next year, we are planning a cruise in October/November for a group of about 12-14 and amongst our group we will be celebrating a "golden wedding anniversary", a "ruby wedding anniversary" a "70th birthday", a "65th birthday", a "63rd birthday" and a "55th birthday"....all in October, can we expect anything special from Princess???

Thanks in advance,

Pringle

Hi all,

Several years ago, we cruised to Hawaii on the Island Princess in November and as we had out "silver" wedding anniversary that year in July we were treated to champagne, flowers, canapes, photo & frame etc as a gift from Princess....do they still do this???

Next year, we are planning a cruise in October/November for a group of about 12-14 and amongst our group we will be celebrating a "golden wedding anniversary", a "ruby wedding anniversary" a "70th birthday", a "65th birthday", a "63rd birthday" and a "55th birthday"....all in October, can we expect anything special from Princess???

Thanks in advance,

Pringle

Nothing special except for balloons on your cabin door, a small cake and the singing of happy birthday/anniversary by the waiters..

Are you sure the treats weren't a gift from your travel agent? We celebrated my folk's 50th anniversary several years ago and all they got from Princess was balloons on their door and a small cake at dinner.

What you described sounds like the Special Occasion package:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/special_occasions/index.jsp

Jackie

Nothing special except for balloons on your cabin door, a small cake and the singing of happy birthday/anniversary by the waiters..

That's a great shame...it was nice getting "free" gifts from the company, must be the same cut-backs that everyone else is doing I suppose!!! :(:(:(

Pringle

That's a great shame...it was nice getting "free" gifts from the company, must be the same cut-backs that everyone else is doing I suppose!!! :(:(:(

Pringle

Princess has never done this. I think the gifts were from your travel agent..

Are you sure the treats weren't a gift from your travel agent? We celebrated my folk's 50th anniversary several years ago and all they got from Princess was balloons on their door and a small cake at dinner.

What you described sounds like the Special Occasion package:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/special_occasions/index.jsp

Jackie

It was definitely not a gift from our travel agent, that's for sure!

The strange thing was though, we were sailing with a couple of friends and they also received the very same package & I know for certain that they didn't order it!!! I did the holiday booking for both of us and when the booking was made, there was a section asking us if we celebrating anything special, an anniversary, birthday etc and if so, let them know...which we did.

Ah well, never mind, we'll just have to have the waiters singing their "happy versry" to you :D

Pringle

We had an incredible complimentary gift on the Queen Mary 2 for our wedding anniversary. A copy of our marriage cert. had to be sent by our travel agent to prove that our anniversary was within 2 months of the cruise but we got - A bottle of champagne (in addition to the half bottle in our cabin for departure) red roses, a wooden box with the cunard emblem on filled with chocs. a card from the captain and a voucher for a photograph. In addition they gave us an extra $280 obc.

Perhaps all the cruise lines should look at this - little cost for them but it does make a difference to customer service.

We had an incredible complimentary gift on the Queen Mary 2 for our wedding anniversary. A copy of our marriage cert. had to be sent by our travel agent to prove that our anniversary was within 2 months of the cruise but we got - A bottle of champagne (in addition to the half bottle in our cabin for departure) red roses, a wooden box with the cunard emblem on filled with chocs. a card from the captain and a voucher for a photograph. In addition they gave us an extra $280 obc.

Perhaps all the cruise lines should look at this - little cost for them but it does make a difference to customer service.

Now that's what I call a nice "gift" from the cruise company!

I do remember now that Princess required us to show our marriage certificate to prove that it was indeed our Silver Wedding Anniversary and the gifts certainly did come from them.

Pringle.

Archived