Fog Watch

Ches94

:)So three of my close friends from work and I are bustin outta here for a little R&R on Thursday aboard the Ecstasy. After the weather events unfolded down in Galveston over the weekend, I've been keeping a weather eye for the forcast. Right now it reads fog and poor visibility for tomorrow and Thursday.

My question is will the Ecstasy head in earlier tomorrow to try and make it back since it turned into the cruise to no where? Which by the way if that happens to us we are all good. Good friends together? Check. Nook color with latest books? Check. No pager? Check. Plenty of R&R available? Check. Food I didn't have to cook? Check.

What do you guys think will happen? Any of you folks that keep watch on the Ecstasy hear anything locally yet?

I would seriously doubt they would cut the cruise shorter than it already is on Ecstasy, unless you mean perhaps a hour or so if there is a issue, they could head in lets say at 4 or 5 am instead of an hour or so later.

They for sure wouldnt come in the night before when these people already got cut short.

I'm in the same boat as you! haha

I checked the web cam this morning and the fog is thick!

Not sure if the port was closed this morning, but I will do some checking and

post when I find out.

See ya tomorrow (hopefully!)

I'm in the same boat as you! haha

I checked the web cam this morning and the fog is thick!

Not sure if the port was closed this morning, but I will do some checking and

post when I find out.

See ya tomorrow (hopefully!)

Hey Margi!!!!! Have a GREAT cruise!!!

I remember my cruise in Feb 2008... fog delayed and once we boarded, we stayed in the port...

I'll be watching the webcams and praying it all works smoothly for you and Ches94!!!! I love the ECSTASY!!!

Say Hello to Steve Cassel, the cruise director... from Lambie!!! He's wonderful and full of talent!!!!

Hi Lambie!

Thanks for the good thoughts!:) I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm at work right now trying to button up a few last minute things-but I'm so in the I'm ready for vacation mode.

GinnyJ-

If you see a crazy group of four women looking like they are having the time of their lives that will be my crew:D

Lamb,

Thank you for the kind wishes!

We were delayed just outside port until noon on one of our Conquest cruses

due to fog.

And YES, we love Steve!!

...and I'm sure he loves you too!!!

I'm praying your cruise is right on schedule... at least to leave... I doubt an extra day at the end would be too hard to take... But we'd better think of those getting on after you debark!!! :o

Hi Lambie!

Thanks for the good thoughts!:) I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm at work right now trying to button up a few last minute things-but I'm so in the I'm ready for vacation mode.

GinnyJ-

If you see a crazy group of four women looking like they are having the time of their lives that will be my crew:D

Oh... Have a great cruise. I drive in from the Austin area, too and know that your drive tomorrow will be filled with anticipation and with excitement!!! we usually do 71 to IH 10... but earlier this month, we came home via 290 and I was surprised at how good that is now!!!

To both of you... May your cruise be MEMORABLE, FANTASTIC, and FUN FUN FUN!!!!

We're on fog watch, too :). In fact, I came on here to see if anyone had started a thread about it. My mom, my sister and I are taking a girls' cruise tomorrow :D! Here's hoping for NO fog! The latest forecast has "fog before 9am" listed, so hopefully, we won't be too delayed, even if we have to wait a bit to board the ship. Here's a link to the forecast I've been stalking:http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Galveston&state=TX&site=HGX&textField1=29.3&textField2=-94.795&e=0 It's my mom and my sister's first cruise, so I really want everything to go perfectly (so they can get addicted like me :D)!! We live in the Houston area, so we'll be checking the cruise cam in the morning to see if we can head down there on time or if we need to wait a bit. --Katie

Head over to the CruiseCam http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/ theres a lot of chattin' going on about this.

Also look here in the am http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100 to see where she's at

she may not get in on time but I'm thinking she will get in tomorrow.......well I truly hope she does for all of you sailing tomorrow!

And so it begins....just got an email from Carnival the port is closed!!:eek:

I got the same email, which at least shows that Carnival is trying be pro-active regarding communication.

Here's hoping the winds blow this stuff out of there early.

I got the same email, which at least shows that Carnival is trying be pro-active regarding communication.

Here's hoping the winds blow this stuff out of there early.

Same email here, too. Hopefully, they will hang close to Galveston and come in as soon as the port opens. Off to finish packing! --Katie

There is another thread that starts with this ..(in case people havent seen it)

CARNIVAL ECSTASY

2/24/2011 DEPARTURE

IMPORTANT WEATHER UPDATE

February 23, 2011

Hello y'all,

The Galveston area is currently experiencing heavy fog and the port is closed. Since this may delay the arrival of the ship, for your comfort and convenience, please visit Carnival.com and enter 'fog' in the search bar for further updates before proceeding to the cruise terminal. There is limited seating at the terminal and we just want you to be as comfortable as possible in case there is a delay. If you are able, please check your email regularly since we will be sending you updates starting tomorrow morning.

We look forward to welcoming guests aboard the Carnival Ecstasy!

Head over to the CruiseCam http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/ theres a lot of chattin' going on about this.

Also look here in the am http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100 to see where she's at

she may not get in on time but I'm thinking she will get in tomorrow.......well I truly hope she does for all of you sailing tomorrow!

I can't find the ship on the marine traffic site-- I must be doing something wrong (I've never used the site before). Any suggestions on how to make it work properly? --Katie

I can't find the ship on the marine traffic site-- I must be doing something wrong (I've never used the site before). Any suggestions on how to make it work properly? --Katie

Katie try again this morning she just rounded the corner heading in to the port http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=353479000&centerx=-94.72714&centery=29.34599

Katie try again this morning she just rounded the corner heading in to the port http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=353479000&centerx=-94.72714&centery=29.34599

Thanks! I was able to see it this morning! The ship just went out of the picture on the Galvestion Harbor Cam. We should be able to see her on the cruise cam shortly! --Katie

Archived