AQ dining question.

SilkShirt

I called Celebrity earlier today. I told the lady that we will be in Aqua class and we would like to dine in both Blu and the MDR depending on the menu that evening.

She told me that Blu is our dining room, and if we ever have dinner in the MDR, we can never have dinner again in Blu for the rest of the cruise.

Has anyone had this experience??

I'm sure we'll love the atmosphere of Blu, but we like the MDR menu much better. We thought we could have dinner at either.

I called Celebrity earlier today. I told the lady that we will be in Aqua class and we would like to dine in both Blu and the MDR depending on the menu that evening.

She told me that Blu is our dining room, and if we ever have dinner in the MDR, we can never have dinner again in Blu for the rest of the cruise.

I'm sure we'll love the atmosphere of Blu, but we like the MDR menu much better. We thought we could have dinner at either.

It is a shame that Celebrity has inadequate customer service. I can't count the number of times I have received incomplete or inaccurate information from them. It is unlikely you will have trouble getting seated in the main dining room. On our last Solstice cruise we were in a 1A balcony stateroom but ate in the speciality restaurants most of the time and the main dining room only twice on a 10 day cruise. We did not have a regular table in the main dining room due to our dining preference but did not have a problem being seated. I would be very surprised if they could not accommadate you.

I was on the Eclipse in January and was in AQ. We were told we could go between Blu and MDR whenever we wanted. Went to MDR once and preferred Blu.

Sounds like customer service is giving you incorrect information - unless something has changed and we here on CC are not aware of it.

My DH and I were on the Solstice in Sept in AQ and ate dinner in Blu but also dined once (maybe twice??) in the MDR. Did not have a problem being seated in the MDR. We were quickly seated at a table for two. You are just treated as "anytime dining" and need to go to the upper level MDR.

When we were on Equinox in January 2010 a couple who were in an AQ cabin were seated with us on assigned seating for the entire cruise (and a lovely couple they were too) They had seen the MD on boarding and made arrangements to be seated at a dining room table for the entire cruise. They were big meat eaters and had opted for the MDR as they often ordered 2 steaks etc and had been concerned they would go hungry in Blu

If you are AQ, your dining room is Blu. The first night you will have an assigned table time (early or late, depending on what you requested), but after that you go when you want. We never, ever had to wait for a table.

You will not go hungry in AQ and the menu is wonderful. If you do happen to check the MDR menu and like something there, you can choose to eat there instead or you can ask the Blu waiter to bring you what you saw on the MDR menu.

The one night we knew we would be going to a specialty restaurant, as a courtesy I told the Maitre 'd not to expect us the following evening. It didn't matter as seats are not assigned.

A lot of the reps really aren't apprised of how this works but it is extremely passenger friendly.

If you are AQ, your dining room is Blu. The first night you will have an assigned table time (early or late, depending on what you requested), but after that you go when you want. We never, ever had to wait for a table.

You will not go hungry in AQ and the menu is wonderful. If you do happen to check the MDR menu and like something there, you can choose to eat there instead or you can ask the Blu waiter to bring you what you saw on the MDR menu.

The one night we knew we would be going to a specialty restaurant, as a courtesy I told the Maitre 'd not to expect us the following evening. It didn't matter as seats are not assigned.

A lot of the reps really aren't apprised of how this works but it is extremely passenger friendly.

WOW good to know,, thanks for the info

One night, in Blu, we were comparing notes with the people at the table next to us. "What did you order? Mmmm, that looks great!" And the woman named something I had not seen on the menu. I asked how she arranged that and she said I just worked with the waiter on it.

We also saw people with special diets having conversations (in advance) with their waiters so that at the next meal the staff was prepared to make sure the meal for that person was appropriate.

And we saw people who required foreign language menus, and foreign speaking waiters. No problem.

My husband wanted cheesecake most nights and it's not on the Blu menu. But our waiter would send the asst. waiter to the MDR (one floor down) to get it.

We have the chance to upgrade to a suite from AQ for no additional cost BUT then we would not be assigned to BLU:(. SOoo IF I understand correctly, suite quests can eat in BLU IF there is room. I sailed on the Solstice last June and BLU was never anywhere near full, so, to me, that indicated that I could eat in BLU most every night.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

We have the chance to upgrade to a suite from AQ for no additional cost BUT then we would not be assigned to BLU:(. SOoo IF I understand correctly, suite quests can eat in BLU IF there is room. I sailed on the Solstice last June and BLU was never anywhere near full, so, to me, that indicated that I could eat in BLU most every night.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

On our upcoming April 1, Equinox cruise AQ is sold out.

I just wanted to add that I was able to eat in BOTH the MDR and Blu on our cruise in December. We wanted to dine with some friends who were not in an Aqua class cabin and just spoke to the maitr'd and had no problem whatsover. We would just check the menu each day in front of Blu and the MDR and decide where we wanted to eat. The first night in Blu is filet mignon and it's really good. The second formal night is lobster tail, and not the medley you get in the MDR. They also fulfilled special requests for us in Blu, such as caesars salad, shrimp coctail or creme brulee, which is not on the menu. It's all good.

We also had no problems eating in the main dining room on the Eclipse. We joined another couple in the main dining room one night and ate at all the other restaurants as well. We always tried to inform the staff of our plans for the next evening, whether it was a specialty restaurant or the main dining room. We had no problems returning Blu. We did feel however that the food and service was superior in Blu to the Main dining room. Eat where you wish and enjoy.

Archived