Transportation to Port Canaveral

cobra-cruiser

We have used Executive VIP Limo last year and booked again for August. Michael was great, on time and very professional. He has already called us to finalize our reservation for August. I recommended him to my AAA TA and he is all she uses now, very inexpensive and reliable..Hope this helps

Alright, I have been reading through all the threads about transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral and back. I'm still not sure about the logistics of my trip, does anyone have suggestions?

We're planning on flying into Orlando on a Wednesday and staying that night (so we need transport from airport to hotel). On Thursday we'll go from Orlando to the port. Sunday, we'll need to get from the port to the airport.

It seems like everything I've read says that for getting from Orlando to the port, renting a car one way is the cheapest, and it does seem that way so I'm leaning towards that route.

My question is, should we take a cab from the airport to the hotel (our hotel is within walking distance of where we want to go in Orlando or we can take a shuttle) and how can I figure out what my costs would be, approximately?

Also, I'm wondering how I will get from the hotel to pick up the rental car to go to the port.

It's looking more like renting a car for my arrival day AND the next day makes the most sense logistically, but it doesn't budget-wise. I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my head around what makes the most sense and is the most cost effective.

Hope this makes sense, I'd appreciate any sage advice, and thanks to everyone who has posted in the past - I've been reading up, I promise!

If you are staying in an airport area hotel almost all of them have shuttles from the terminal, if you stay at the Hyatt Regency it is in the terminal. Just take the hotel shuttle back to the airport the next day to rent a car for the drive to the port. If you are staying at a hotel away from the airport such as the Disney area, downtown Orlando, Universal Studios area, or International Dr. hotels some do have free shuttles some don't, either take a taxi or take a shared van shuttle to get to the hotel and do the same to get back to the airport to rent a car. If you don't go the rental car route make arrangements with a limo/town car service or shuttle service to pick you up from your hotel and take you straight to the port in the morning. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, I have been reading through all the threads about transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral and back. I'm still not sure about the logistics of my trip, does anyone have suggestions?

We're planning on flying into Orlando on a Wednesday and staying that night (so we need transport from airport to hotel). On Thursday we'll go from Orlando to the port. Sunday, we'll need to get from the port to the airport.

It seems like everything I've read says that for getting from Orlando to the port, renting a car one way is the cheapest, and it does seem that way so I'm leaning towards that route.

My question is, should we take a cab from the airport to the hotel (our hotel is within walking distance of where we want to go in Orlando or we can take a shuttle) and how can I figure out what my costs would be, approximately?

Also, I'm wondering how I will get from the hotel to pick up the rental car to go to the port.

It's looking more like renting a car for my arrival day AND the next day makes the most sense logistically, but it doesn't budget-wise. I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my head around what makes the most sense and is the most cost effective.

Hope this makes sense, I'd appreciate any sage advice, and thanks to everyone who has posted in the past - I've been reading up, I promise!

why not stay in cocoa beach the night before the cruise as opposed to orlando. its about an hours drive from orlando. cocoa beach is right near the port. also many of the car rental companies (budget,avis) offer free shuttles to and from the port to their locations right near the port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My family and I just used Sunrise Florida Transportation -- picked us up at our hotel and drove us right to the ship. They were promptly at the ship after our cruise and took us to MCO -- I can highly recommend them. They have 15 passenger vans and town cars. Their drivers, Jon and Art, were funny and entertaining to boot! Their phone is 1-866-709-8769. Hope this helps.

I second that, we just used them for 6 of us. We went from the hotel to the ship, then from the ship to the airport. Our ship was delayed docking for 4 hours, when we got off the ship, John had waited 4 Hours!!! I was shocked!

great guys, super nice, and the least expensive of all those I priced!

• 2 weeks later...

Our family has used Michael and Executive vip limo several times

in the past five years. My husband who works in the Corporate

offices of Ron Jon Cape Caribe and travels often, uses them

frequently. Never had any issues and would highly recommend.

• 1 month later...

I can not speak highly enough about this company and will

recommend any chance that I can.

Our daughter lost her wallet with several hundred dollars

and ID. We could not imagine where she lost it.

Three days later I received a call from Marlene with

Executive vip limo asking about this wallet that was

found behind the seat of the limousine.

Marlene mailed it to us with everything intact.

VERY, VERY HONEST AND REPUTABLE COMPANY.

WWW.EXECUTIVEVIPLIMOUSINE.COM

• 1 month later...
Also booked with Michael and Executive vip limo for Kennedy

Space Center and back to MCO.

The service was awsome and will recommend to our friends.

Anyone stopping here in Port Canaveral as a Port of call and

wish to visit the Kennedy Space Center, Contact executive

vip limo for your transportation. Booked them from the Jewel

and the service was very nice.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any recommendations on transportation for a group of 10 from MCO to La Quinta Oceanfront, La Quinta to Port Canaveral? Some of us our staying in Cocoa Beach for a few days after the cruise, some going straight to the airport and a few leaving for the airport the next day.

I've read all of the suggestions from everyone on transportation, but I still need help. I understand that we may be able to get a hotel shuttle from the Orlando airport. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn at the Walt Disney Resort for 2 days. We will need transportation from the hotel in Orlando to Port Canaveral. We would rather not rent a car, since we are not familiar with the area. We can take the cruise transfer from the port to the airport when we get back for $70. Can anyone give me some advice? We don't want to spend all of our money on transportation.

Unless you are on a Disney ship, as far as I can tell a private car is the only way unless you rent a car yourself. I just got quotes today for two people from WDW to Port Canaveral:

Sunrise Florida Transportation: $133.00 total, all fees and gratuities incl.

Executive VIP Limousine: $130.00, but don't know if that is total or fees/gratuities would be extra. Waiting for a reply to this query.

Orlando Airport Limousine: $130.00, but there would be tax, fees, and gratuities on top of that (I've heard 20% is customary tip to driver)

All companies were prompt with replying to my initial request.

• 3 months later...

I also need a ride from orlando airport to the four points sheraton in coco beach. the hotel has a shuttle to take us to the port for 6 a person which i think is ok. But as far as getting there im still deciding if i should rent car or get a car service. There is 4 of us and luggage.

Any suggestions based on price?

Car rental is about $53

• 3 weeks later...
I also need a ride from orlando airport to the four points sheraton in coco beach. the hotel has a shuttle to take us to the port for 6 a person which i think is ok. But as far as getting there im still deciding if i should rent car or get a car service. There is 4 of us and luggage.

Car rental is about $53

You can call cocoa beach taxi [pay what you want] about an hour before

pickup from hotel and pay $10-$12 for 4 persons.

As for the any other transportation, contact vip limo

WWW.EXECUTIVEVIPLIMOUSINE.COM

Car rental is about $53

Shuttle prices from MCO to Cocoa Beach for 4 will be about double your car rental quote -- seems like a no brainer to me. ;)

My fiance and I are getting married Oct. 6, 2012 then planning to fly to Orlando early am on the 7th getting us into Orlando at 11:20am. I've driven from Orlando to Daytona Beach but never Orlando to Port Canaveral how long will it take us to get there? Should I be nervous about flying in the same day we are cruising? :confused:

Wow...since you asked I will say that we would absolutely never never never fly in the same day that the cruise leaves...way too risky if your flight is delayed or cancelled as you have Absolutely no wiggle room built in...assume since your wedding is the day prior that you cAnt fly out the night before? I hope you have made plans for private transfer service to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral...this will be the quickest way and then you are dropped off right at the ship..good luck!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

My fiance and I are getting married Oct. 6, 2012 then planning to fly to Orlando early am on the 7th getting us into Orlando at 11:20am. I've driven from Orlando to Daytona Beach but never Orlando to Port Canaveral how long will it take us to get there? Should I be nervous about flying in the same day we are cruising? :confused:

The drive from MCO to PC takes 45-55 minutes; you will spend that much time again renting your car, buying gas, turning it in and shutteling to the port -- YES you should be nervous! :eek:

In your case I would skip the car and either reserve a spot on the cruiseline transfer bus or reserve with a shuttle operator like Cocoa Beach shuttle, Star Trans, or Executive VIP Limo. Be ready to pay $100 for a taxi if something goes wrong. :eek:

Better yet, change to an earlier flight - preferably non-stop. Good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Now I am really nervous and worried that we could miss the boat! We will be on a non-stop flight and arriving MCO at 11:30am, I have tried to find an earlier flight from STL to MCO and no such luck :(! If we leave the day before we will basically miss half of our reception:(...