Tea kettles but no steamers???

cruzfanatic

I'm not sure I understand Celebrity's policy against travel steamers when they are about to put the tea kettles back into the staterooms for the European cruises. Is the tea kettle going to make tea without heating the water?

To make matters worse, they are not confiscating curling irons, hair dryers, or other mega-wattage appliances - all of them drawing much more "heat" than my 600 watt steamer.

What gives Celebrity???

I agree....this is a little ridiculous. Maybe their restrictions on steamers and irons is to generate more revenue by forcing us to use their pressing and laundry services. I have never been on Celebrity before, so I will wait to reserve judgment, but have been on Princess, Disney, Costa, Carnival, Big Red Boat and Dolphin cruise lines and have always taken my travel iron and have used ship self service laundry on several. If I had known about these restrictions before booking this cruise (booked mostly for the itinerary) I probably would have chosen another cruiseline.

My understanding is that the kettles they supply have an automatic shut off once the water is boiled, thus if it's left unattended is not a safety hazard. They do not have the same guarantee with appliances brought on board by passengers, so given that I do question why curling irons and the like are allowed.

My understanding is that the kettles they supply have an automatic shut off once the water is boiled' date=' thus if it's left unattended is not a safety hazard. They do not have the same guarantee with appliances brought on board by passengers, so given that I do question why curling irons and the like are allowed.[/quote']

I agree. The main point is they have no control over the standard of appliances bought onboard by passengers, but they do with their own.

Phil

Will they be put on Solstice in the W. Med. in catagory 1B staterooms or must I ask my room steward ???

No, just Eclipse in Europe. For now at least. As Eclipse is aimed at attracting the UK market sailing out of Southampton it's something Celebrity are doing as part of their marketing. I'd like to be able to make my cuppa on Solstice in June too!

Phil

I'm not sure I understand Celebrity's policy against travel steamers when they are about to put the tea kettles back into the staterooms for the European cruises. Is the tea kettle going to make tea without heating the water?

To make matters worse, they are not confiscating curling irons, hair dryers, or other mega-wattage appliances - all of them drawing much more "heat" than my 600 watt steamer.

What gives Celebrity???

They want you to use their laundry services which they charge for.

My understanding is that the kettles they supply have an automatic shut off once the water is boiled' date=' thus if it's left unattended is not a safety hazard. They do not have the same guarantee with appliances brought on board by passengers, so given that I do question why curling irons and the like are allowed.[/quote']

If curling irons and hair straightners were not allowed, very few women would cruise on Celebrity.

Archived