More helicopter fun at Port Everglades

PortFever

Really curious what RCCL is up to with this helicopter. I thought they always said they couldn't do take off or landing while the ship was moving because of wind. Guess that isn't true.

If she was just leaving port she was probably going very slow, so winds were likely not that big of an issue. They creep in and out of port at what sees like a walking pace.

I'm with you in the curiosity though. It won't be long until there are rumors flying around the board (pun intended ;)) that the Sunshine Class will feature helicopter rides. :D:D

I'm with you in the curiosity though. It won't be long until there are rumors flying around the board (pun intended ;)) that the Sunshine Class will feature helicopter rides. :D:D

Very curious as well. Perhaps some of the Navigator Feb 26 cruisers will be able to shed some light on this soon.

Watching it live today was very cool!

Hmmm, wonder what RCCL is doing....

The helicopter sailed on the Oasis on 2/19/11 from Port Everglades. It lifted off the Oasis at Labadee and then stayed overnight there. It took pictures of the Liberty the next day when she was at Labadee. It then stayed the night at Labadee and took pictures of the Navigator and went home to Port Everglades on board the Navigator.

It was there to shoot promotional videos for an RCI advertising campaign per Captain Trym.

The helicopter sailed on the Oasis on 2/19/11 from Port Everglades. It lifted off the Oasis at Labadee and then stayed overnight there. It took pictures of the Liberty the next day when she was at Labadee. It then stayed the night at Labadee and took pictures of the Navigator and went home to Port Everglades on board the Navigator.

It was there to shoot promotional videos for an RCI advertising campaign per Captain Trym.

Thanks for sharing this info :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got to see the Navigator go out (I had just gotten off Oasis that morning and was waiting to see her leave again ... without me :()

I got this picture just as the helicopter lifting off (btw... that same helicopter had been on Oasis with us until Labadee and then I believe Navigator brought it back)

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3B6%3Enu%3D3242%3E963%3E%3B%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D34639682%3A7339nu0mrj

I got to see the Navigator go out (I had just gotten off Oasis that morning and was waiting to see her leave again ... without me :()

I got this picture just as the helicopter lifting off (btw... that same helicopter had been on Oasis with us until Labadee and then I believe Navigator brought it back)

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3B6%3Enu%3D3242%3E963%3E%3B%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D34639682%3A7339nu0mrj

Cool -- is that one or two of the famous condo's behind the ship? The ones with the noise makers etc. when the ships leave Port Everglades?

Great photo..thanks for sharing it with us.:)

Archived