New PVP?

KentuckyKat

I booked a cruise during on the the 72-hour sales a few weeks ago using a PVP (just whichever one called me after I clicked "call me" on the CCL website). She wasn't really on top of things, nice enough and all, but sort of a hard sell and couldn't really answer my questions, as I already knew more than she could tell me just from surfing this board. I am thinking of booking another cruise soon. My question is - am I wed to that PVP? And if so, how do I even find her (have not heard from her since day I booked). Can I just push the "call me" botton again and deal with whoever calls me? Don't want to violate some unwritten PVP rule! :o Thanks!

I booked a cruise during on the the 72-hour sales a few weeks ago using a PVP (just whichever one called me after I clicked "call me" on the CCL website). She wasn't really on top of things, nice enough and all, but sort of a hard sell and couldn't really answer my questions, as I already knew more than she could tell me just from surfing this board. I am thinking of booking another cruise soon. My question is - am I wed to that PVP? And if so, how do I even find her (have not heard from her since day I booked). Can I just push the "call me" botton again and deal with whoever calls me? Don't want to violate some unwritten PVP rule! :o Thanks!

Not sure here, but if you hit the "call me" button. It should route to her and the call come from her. If you call and ask for a PVP then you will be getting the luck of the draw again. If you know someone that has a good one ask them for who it is and call them. I really like the one I use but board policies are that we can not give a name, number etc.

Bottom line you can change. It may just be a crap shoot unless you get a good referal from someone.

Enjoy your cruise!

I dont think there are any rules per se; If the first PVP was not all that great, I would just call the Carnival 1 800 number, and deal with whichever PVP you are connected with, and if that one isnt quite up to par, you dont have to book, just call back until you get one who "works for you". I would do the homework, as you have done, have your choices, of cruise/ship etc, and questions handy, and go for it.

I have booked all 5 of my Carnival cruises with a PVP. I dont remember the first, second or third one, each one was different, and all three were neither great, or bad, just not memorable. My last two cruises, same PVP who is very good. So just keep calling till you find one who you like. Barring that, go through a travel agent. Even then, you can get "stuck" with a travel agent who doesnt really impress. Lots of choices out there though, on how you book your cruise. Just dont settle for subpar service.:)

I will not be using a PVP from Carnival or any other cruise line anytime soon. I told my PVP that I was considering a cruise and unsure of booking so early because of ES obligations (non-refundable deposit) and easily could have waited until closer to the year end. This was late July. She sent me the following:

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure speaking with you about your cruise vacation plans. This is a courtesy E-mail. The rates will be increasing for the ship and sail date you were interested in; Please contact me as soon as possible to avoid a rate increase.

If you have changed your date please give me a call so that we can go over all details regarding the new cruise that you are looking at.

None of the avove was true. Prices only have gone in one direction for this cruise (down, down, and down). Carnival had me $1600 deposit much earlier than I would like to have paid it. This is a Magic Mediterranean cruise and I would have preferred to book in conjunction with finding affordable flights. This so-called "courtesy e-mail" was pure BS, bordering on unethical. It didn't say "MAY BE" increasing. It said "WILL BE" increasing. I am very happy my price, in fact has gone down ($500 for my family plus the benefit of upgrading from Empress Balcony to Spa balcony with amenities). I just think what Carnival did was lacking in ethics.

Our PVP seems really knowledgeable, he knew alot about the ships and locations, and wasn't too pushy either. I told him last week that we were going to book in a week or so, and to my surprise, he hasn't bugged me once. I have his contact info if you would like it.

My PVP told me last night that she could not help me with my recent cruise because she did not book it. We had hit the call me button, on the Carnival website when we had some questions about a cruise were looking at. I received a call from a Carnival rep who answered all my questions and even stayed on the line when I needed to talk to my husband. We were on the phone with her for at least 2 1/2 hours. She even emailed me a number of times, after we booked. Would she also be considered a PVP?

The original PVP was not available when I had questions, and did not respond to my emails or calls, when we were trying to book. I asked the origianl PVP if I could call the other one, and she said no, I would just get a random person. Is that true?

Archived