Celebrity ship in Baltimore today? 2/28

pinma

Does anyone know which Celebrity ship was in Baltimore today and on what itinerary (or is it there for some other reason?)? We saw it getting off the Enchantment of the Seas today but I can't find any info on what ship would be there. We are very interested. DH would like to sail with Celebrity again and we are interested in east coast departures from Baltimore north.

It's the Mercury. Sadly, she is being transferred to a German line. Her Feb. 14 sailing was her last for Celebrity. She docked early Saturday morning, discharging her last passengers. Now they are removing much of her furniture, etc. before sailing to Germany.

Does anyone know which Celebrity ship was in Baltimore today and on what itinerary (or is it there for some other reason?)? We saw it getting off the Enchantment of the Seas today but I can't find any info on what ship would be there. We are very interested. DH would like to sail with Celebrity again and we are interested in east coast departures from Baltimore north.

Forget about it that was the Mercury that was the last cruise for her out of Baltimore she has been sold to a German cruise line and will be sailing to Germany to get refurbished. It is not likely that Celebrity will have a ship out of Baltimore in the near future The new Celebrity ship Silhouette will stat sailing from New Jersey starting 11/6/11

I found this article online which says Celebrity is to bring another ship to Baltimore in late 2011. So maybe there is still hope of sailing Celebrity after all without leaving town!! Here is the link to the story: http://www.cruisemaryland.com/content/celebrity-cruise-ship-century-sail-port-baltimore-2011

hrlyrdr03...Thank you for this link! I hadn't seen this. I'm going to post it on the East Coast Departures Board. :D

Hmmm...on second thought, I see this article is dated May, 2010 and there hasn't been any more talk here about Century coming to Baltimore. I posted the link on the other board, but asked the mods to remove it for now.

I found this article online which says Celebrity is to bring another ship to Baltimore in late 2011. So maybe there is still hope of sailing Celebrity after all without leaving town!! Here is the link to the story: http://www.cruisemaryland.com/content/celebrity-cruise-ship-century-sail-port-baltimore-2011

The story relates to the Celebrity CENTURY prior to her redeployment down under to Australia. She will not be coming to Baltimore.

The story relates to the Celebrity CENTURY prior to her redeployment down under to Australia. She will not be coming to Baltimore.

I realized this after. Thanks. The info is from May 2010. I asked the mods to remove my thread from the other board. :o

I realized this after. Thanks. The info is from May 2010. I asked the mods to remove my thread from the other board. :o

No worries. We were all pretty disappointed in their decision to take her out of Baltimore. But money talks. Maybe she wont do so well Down Under and they will reconsider for the 2012-2013 season? On second thought, I know with the Celebrity SILHOUETTE out of NY they will most likely never put another ship out of Baltimore. :(

No worries. We were all pretty disappointed in their decision to take her out of Baltimore. But money talks. Maybe she wont do so well Down Under and they will reconsider for the 2012-2013 season?

Thanks...yes, one can only hope. ;)

Oh well thanks for trying. Hadn't seen the other info on the Century going "down under" but NJ is not that far from Baltimore!! And who knows, with the popularity growing on cruising from Baltimore, maybe other cruise lines will take the hint!! Wishful thinking?? Hope so!!

The Mercury is docked at our Locust Point marine terminal #2. She is supposed to sail out either tonight or tomorow. I, along with several other Mercury fans, watched her sail from the cruise port pier to Locust Point. :(:(:(:(

Archived